After watching a bunny talent show, Angel Bunny wants to show that he can be very talented and special, as well, and decides to try his paw at sheep-herding at the annual Fine Furry Friends Fair. Fluttershy tries to help him, but the two fail to herd the sheep every single time. Between Fluttershy's nerves and Angel attempting something that no bunny has ever done before, how do they plan on competing?
This book provides examples of:
- The Cameo:
- The Flim Flam brothers (under the names Farnum and Failey) show up at the beginning, putting on the Top Hat Bunny Cabaret, which is what inspires Angel to find his special talent.
- Lightning Dust is mentioned, tagging along with Rainbow Dash when they go to Whinnyland.
- The tiny ewes from the Crystal Empire return. They become Angel's sheep for the competition as their smaller size makes them a lot easier for him to herd.
- Spitfire is mentioned, having been asked by Rainbow Dash to coach Fluttershy and Angel.
- Continuity Nod:
- Whinnyland is mentioned. In fact, it's the venue for the Fine Furry Friends Fair.
- This being a story about Fluttershy in a performance, it's only natural that the time she helped the ponies in Ponyville create a tornado and the time she sang with the Ponytones quartet (who appear at the end of the book) are mentioned. Her competing in the Equestria Games is also mentioned, saying that she spent all of her confidence in that one event.
- Market-Based Title: In the UK, 'Fine' is taken out of the title for whatever reason. Making it, Fluttershy And The Furry Friends Fair.
- Nervous Wreck: Pretty much Fluttershy's problem. She fears that if they fail, it'll break Angel's confidence alongside her long-standing Stage Fright. Her friends naturally help her get over it and learn to relax.
- Second Place Is for Winners: Fluttershy and Angel take second place, losing to Applejack and Winona. Considering that the two are novice herders who managed to beat many of the more experienced ponies and dogs, this is an impressive feat in and of itself.