- The film manages to combine Have a Gay Old Time, Parenthetical Swearing and This Is for Emphasis, Bitch! in one sentence just by putting a minor bit of emphasis on the end of Shakespeare's original line:"Bring me my longsword, ho!"
Mercutio: Make it a word, and... a blow.Tybalt: You shall find me apt enough for that, sir. And you will give me occassion.Mercutio: (walking away suggestively) Could you not take some occassion without giving?
- And again:
Father Lawrence: Young men's love then lies not truly in their hearts, but in their (momentary suggestive pause) eyes.
- Father Lawrence has a moment of this too:
- All of the cute little allusions to Shakespeare's lines dotted here and there as ad slogans. The best one: "I'll send it posthaste!" In the movie, "Post-Haste" is a courier service, like FedEx (note the typeface).
- Shylock Bank.
- The Montague boys leering and shouting 'I am a pretty piece of flesh'... at a group of nuns.
- The cartoon sound effects used during the duel.
Funny / William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet