- In an outtake posted on Facebook, when David opens the cartridge door on an Atari 400, the metal shield falls off. David's reaction: "Well, that's just lovely."
- David plays the "Meow Mix" jingle with the Meowstic Keyboard.
- In "The Fisher Price 'I Can Play' keyboard" review:
- David criticizes the keyboard's software for being too generous when handing out praise, disincentivizing kids from wanting to do better. In particular, when he plays the Dora the Explorer cartridge, he believes that Dora should say "You stink! You should try harder!" whenever the player gets a low score.
- Staying with Dora the Explorer, he states that he's sadly all too familiar with Dora's songs, since he watched the show with his daughter when she was little.
- While playing the "Pop Hits" cartridge, David has one of his cats "play" the keyboard.
- In "The Incredible Musical Keyboard for the Commodore 64", while waiting for the software to load from floppy disk, David does various tasks such as grocery shopping, grooming his cat, exercise, read a magazine, and play a game of Uno with the Obsolete Geek.
- On The 8-Bit Guy Facebook page, David posts a picture of one of his cats sitting on his Tandy 1000 HX with the caption "Kitty says no coding today on Planet X3."
- In the episode covering "phone phreaking":
- David facetiously mentions that the most popular machine at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo was the ATM machine.
- A fan has David autograph a hentai magazine. As David is trying to explain it, he desperately tries to keep from laughing.
- David shows footage of someone dressed as Darth Vader playing bagpipes while riding a unicycle.
Funny / The 8-Bit Guy