- Fridge Brilliance: The Gratuitous German As Long as It Sounds Foreign translation of the Funniest Joke in the World is just gibberish, and on reflection, that's for a very good reason; nobody was able to read more than one or two words of the original joke without dying. The translators each had only one word to translate and couldn't have known the context of those words, so they couldn't have cobbled together anything other than a "Blind Idiot" Translation.
- That, or they faked the German version for the broadcast, knowing that sooner or later somebody would try to translate it back into English and get themselves killed.
- Dennis Moore, the legendary highwayman, steals only lupins at first. What's the name of that famous fictional French thief?
- Intentional or not, the "Flying Circus" part of the title could easily mean "Comedy broadcast through airwaves".
- Fridge Horror: The sociologist that was dropped down a manhole by the old ladies. The time he spent falling was about 5 or 6 seconds, implying a fall of 400 to 600 feet. That must have been quite a nasty landing.
Fridge / Monty Python's Flying Circus