- A few of Terry Gilliam's animations. Those expressionless faces of the people on the photographs can be quite terrifying.
- The "Déjà Vu" sketch is probably what insanity is actually like.
- The final season sketch involving Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin features a brief bit at the beginning where his brother, Barry (Terry Jones), "the least talented of the fourteen Zeppelin brothers", tries unsuccessfully to blow up balloons. The final one, a huge balloon, ends up inflating him to the point where he floats away.note This in itself is more humorous than scary, but the quick cuts used to simulate Barry being blown up are very good at making it seem like Jones is actually being blown up... in a rather startling manner...
- "The Undertaker Sketch", where John Cleese is suggested to eat the corpse of his own mother. And he agrees!
- Doug Piranha. Nobody wanted to see Doug. Everyone was terrified of Doug. Grown men would pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Dinsdale was frightened of Doug.
- He used Sarcasm.
Nightmare Fuel / Monty Python's Flying Circus