Mewes stars As Himself, a character actor who struggles to get mainstream recognition and hopes to be cast in his old castmate Brian O'Halloran's potentially Oscar-winning movie. Under advice from his best friend Kevin Smith, he tracks down an elusive book on method acting. But having read it too fast for his own good, as well as committed Accidental Murder while trying to show a casting director who demeaned him how good of an actor he is, he starts going insane.
Stan Lee's final on-screen appearance.
This film provides examples of:
- Accidental Murder:
- Jason accidentally kills Anthony Costalino by rolling over him with his car. Things snowball from there.
- Vinnie Jones' death probably wasn't intended neither.
- As Himself: Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, Danny Trejo, Brian O'Halloran.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Fernando is "cursed" with everyone, even the guys, falling in love with him.
- Meaningful Rename: Jason insists on not being called "Jay". Also doubles as Outgrowing the Childish Name.
- Typecasting: In-Universe, this is the bane of Jason's existance.
- With Friends Like These...: From Jason's perspective, Kevin Smith and Brian O'Halloran sabotaged his career by taking The Odyssey away from him.