Game of Assassins is a 2013 Direct to Video horror film starring Bai Ling, Dustin Nguyen, Jaime Ray Newman, and Warren Kole. The plot centers around five strangers who wake up in an underground dungeon and have to find their way out.
[Game of Assassins] contains examples of:
- Asian and Nerdy: Jin is stated to be just a small business owner from New Jersey, yet he can recognize 6th-century architecture and has the engineering skills to build a circular dam.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: It's stated to be an incinerator, but yeah.
- Casting Couch: In-universe.
- Chekhov's Lecture: David states how strangling someone causes them to go into cardiac arrest. This fact is used later when he saves Emma from the last room.
- Clean Pretty Reliable: When David revives Emma.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Emma's preferred method of speaking.
- Kick the Dog: David's father kills Emma right in front of David, just after he's saved her from the final level.
- Loophole Abuse: How David gets Emma out of the dungeon.
- Morality Pet: Tyler is this for Emma.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In order to save Jin and leave the first level, David and Emma twist a wheel to cause barbed chains to puncture a suspended dead girl's skin and drain her blood. Turns out she wasn't quite dead.
- Sadistic Choice: The dungeon seems designed to force these.
- Take a Third Option: In order to leave the dungeon, the characters have to fight to the death until only one is left. When it is down to two, David could either kill Emma, or let her kill him. He instead stops her heart by choking her, thus defeating the heartbeat sensors.
- Title Drop: Averted by Executive Meddling. The dungeon is twice referred to as "the gauntlet," which was the film's original title.
- You Wake Up in a Room: The main plot.