Bad Boy Bubby is a 1993 Australian film by Rolf de Heer.
It relates a story of Bubby, a boy who is held in the appartment by his mother though he is already 35 years old. Then he manages to escape and starts his adventures in the outer world.
- Abusive Parents: Played Up to Eleven with the mother of Bubby who also rapes him.
- Glorified Sperm Donor: Zigzagged. The father of Bubby indeed arrives after a very long absense. However Bubby is kept in an appartment by lies and regularly abused by his mother. The father is not kind to him either. It is just that his arrival destroys the chancery of lies created by his mother and soon after the father appears Bubby makes his escape.
- Hikikomori: Bubby is made the one by his mother.
- Mind Rape: That's how the mother keeps Bubby in the decrepit appartment. She tells him horrible stories about the outside world.
- Pet the Dog: The cat is the only friend for Bubby in his confinement.
- Random Events Plot: After Bubby leaves his improvised jail.
- Two-Act Structure:
- In the first part of the film Bubby remains in the appartment.
- Then he makes his escape and, now at large, tries to adapt to the huge world.
- Unnamed Parent: Parents are called only Mam and Pop.