Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by tropers for lonelygirl15 Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
- Recommended by Bobby G
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Set after the events of LG 15 The Resistance. When Alexis Capshaw moves into a new apartment, she expects some difficulty in dealing with her new neighbours, but Jonas, Sarah, Daniel and Gina turn out to be a lot more trouble than she bargained for.
- Comments: This fic recaptures the feel of the original series, and is told through blog entries written by an outsider, Alexis Capshaw, which means it's an easy to follow Soft Reboot even if you aren't familiar with the later seasons or with LG15:tr. Set a short time after the LG15:tr, this novel-length story redeems Sarah, revives Gina and focuses on the characters rather than the myth-arc. When the myth-arc does come into play, the author corrects some of the biggest Wallbangers of the last series in a manner that feels natural. Very well written, with a nice balance of humour and drama. This story bills itself as the "sequel and conclusion" to LG 15 and gives fans the closure they never got from the series.
- Various fans declared that they would consider it canon, although the (aborted) 2016 revival of the series may have changed some minds. However, the author has added an epilogue to the story that presents the 2016 episodes as well as The Last and Outbreak as a nightmare from which Gina wakes up.
- Aborted Arc: Jonas being trait positive and Sarah being a villain in LG15:tr are both dismissed in a few throwaway lines of dialogue that refer to both as "a trick" a ruse to save a captured Gina from the Order.
- Anti-Climax: The Order organization is dismantled in a single blog entry near the end of the story. Averted in that the investigation into the Order unfolds over two entries and the confrontation with the leader happens over three.
- Author's Saving Throw: This story resurrects Gina who was abruptly killed off in LG 15 to great fan outcry. It also declares that Sarah is not evil, a development that also outraged the fanbase.
- Cliffhanger Copout: Jonas' rescue and Sarah revealing that she has been on his side the entire time happens off-the-page between LG15:tr and this story.
- Distant Finale: The epilogue is set 13 years after the main 2009 story. Due to the 2016 LG 15 revival being unfinished, the writer added a coda set in 2022 that declares the 2016 revival to be Gina suffering from survivor's guilt and imagining a world where she died and Bree lived.
- Hand Wave: Lonely Journal 15 is set 72 hours after LG15:tr. Those 72 hours were filled with important events, none of which are presented in detail.
- It is never explained how the TAAG learned that Gina was alive, why Sarah needed to pretend to join the Order to locate Gina, why capturing Jonas and Maggie was a part of this plan, how Daniel got involved in the situation, how Gina got separated from the group, why their rendezvous point was this specific LA apartment, where Beaumont was during LG15:tr if Sarah didn't murder him, or where Maggie and Reed went after Gina's rescue (although they return for the final chapter in a party scene).
- The story also declares that Gina has been made trait negative offscreen.
- Ho Yay: The original 2009 version of this story had some intense chemistry between Gina and a female OC and there was a subtextual romance between them.
- Re-Cut: In the 2022 recompilation, the lesbian subtext has been made into an overt lesbian romance, but the story remains PG-13.
- Retcon: It's debatable whether or not the revelations about the Order in this story qualify as a retcon.
- Small Name, Big Ego: In potentially non-canon territory, Lonely Journal 15 reveals that the Order is a small organization using actors, stuntmen, props, costumes and other Alternate Reality Game tools and low budget filmmaking to masquerade as a multinational conspiracy when it is in fact quite limited and possible to defeat. Some fans perceive this as a Retcon. Others see this as Leaningonthe Fourth Wall while Armed with Canon to explain the low budget, amateur look of the Lonely Girl 15 videos.
So Sick of You by Kismet.
- Recommended by Bobby G
- Vanished from the internet. Please post a link if found.
- Pairing: Lucy/Jonas (Starboarding Lucy -> Jonas)
- Synopsis: A retelling of lonelygirl15 from the perspective of Lucy the Helper.
- Comments: Tells the heartbreaking story of one of the most beloved but underdeveloped characters. The author does a great job of bringing depth to the character. In particular, the reimagining of "Handcuffed" is even more painful than the original.