These are recommendations made by Tropers for Dynasty Warriors fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Grand Vendetta by Verok
- Recommended by Falcon Arrow
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: basically a fleshed-out retelling of Romance of the Three Kingdoms' episode where Sun Quan and Zhou Yu plot Liu Bei's capture/murder-by-fake-marriage to get back Jing province, using Dynasty Warriors versions of the characters and the twist that Sun Jian and Lu Xun are both involved (Sun Jian is Emperor of Wu and the marriage was his idea, while Lu Xun (instead of "generic officer" Lu Fan in the novel) is the messenger for the proposal despite knowing full well of the murder plot). A solid story with some surprisingly funny scenes, such as the contrast between the formalized court of Sun Jian of Wu with its repressed personal tensions and the very informal, even rowdy "court" of Liu Bei... with a irreverent, even saucy Zhuge Liang.
- Comments: It lampshades of the more... fantastical elements of the video game. When Lu Xun asks Zhuge Liang about his fan's elemental attacks, The Strategist's answer: "Only on the battlefield, and even then, only at people I don't like." Later on, when Liu Bei tries to flee from the ride to the wedding... Zhuge Liang gives the signal for Pang Tong to knock him out with a lightning bolt.)
The Young Conqueror by His Lordship Havoc (Warning: Mild Lime Ahead!)
- Recommended by Humble Novice
- Status: Dead (last updated January 2017)
- Pairings: Sun Ce/Da Qiao, Zhou Yu/Xiao Qiao, Sun Shang Xiang/Female OC
- Synopsis: A highly detailed What If? story featuring Sun Ce and his goal of unifying China under Wu’s banner.
- Comments: Now this is what I call a fanfic of epic proportions! I’m shocked that no one’s even recommended this one up to now. In my opinion, the writer did a great job capturing the personalities of each character from the game including those from the other kingdoms. I also like how he handled the relationship between Sun Ce and Da Qiao since both of them continue to grow in unexpected ways without changing too drastically nor overshadowing the story. While the amount of liberties taken by the author (such as Sun Shang Xiang’s attraction to women) may turn off some readers, the writing is sure to impress almost every fan of Wu.