A Continuation to Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest, the story picks up right after Rhen's Final Battle against Ahriman. Now that her quest is over, Rhen is given three choices by the Oracle on how she should proceed with her life: Take up her throne as the rightful Queen of Thais and marry Dameon, return to her hometown of Clearwater and marry Danny or become a hermit. Under pressure, Rhen picks the first one, mostly because it's what she's expected to choose; but having second thoughts about her decision, she fled right before her royal wedding to make her own future.
Having escaped the path that was imposed on her, she settled down in Veldarah, where she took up a teaching position in her old school, the Shadwood Academy. There, she will discover new challenges, such as the difficulties of actually teaching students, and dealing with her old friend and ally, Lars Tenobor.
- Altar the Speed: Mentioned in the Epilogue where Veira Tenobor goes on a diplomatic mission to Thais, then comes back to her family announcing that she had married the crown prince.
- Big Eater: Rhen could eat several portions of foods, even those that could normally serve 4-6 people. Lars calls her a bottomless pit for that.
- Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends: Rhen leaves Dameon at the altar and eventually ended up with Lars. Dameon, caught up in his duties as the new king of Thais, later got over Rhen and married an Original Character named Serina.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Returning to the mundane life after her epic journey, Rhen is rather unsettled to find that most people are either oblivious to her achievements as the saviour of the world, or don't care.
- Headbutting Heroes: Lars and Dameon never got along in the game, and their animosity didn't disappear in this story.
- In Spite of a Nail: Dameon's granddaughter is apparently named Rhen, which means that any records of "Rhen Pendragon" mentioned in the history of Aia refer to her instead of Rhen Darzon. This allows the fic to tie in reasonably with the sequels' timeline despite breaking up the Official Couple of the first game and practically re-writing the events in the history of Thais.
- Neutral Female: When Dameon arrives to Veldarah and started to fight Lars over Rhen, the latter stayed back and do nothing. Lampshaded in-story when Rhen hated herself for being like those weak girls "who simpered and stood by wringing their hands as men fought over them."
- Oblivious to Love: Lars has been very much infatuated with Rhen for the most part of their journey. Rhen never noticed until Neya pointed it out to her.
- Runaway Bride: As the title says, Rhen began her new "adventure" after leaving Dameon at the altar and settling down in Veldarah instead.
- Shaped Like Itself: The first challenge of the swordsinger/sorceror competition was to open a mystery box — which Lars described as a "very boxy box. Very, exceedingly, box."
- Tomboy: Rhen recalls that, back in her hometown, she would rather rough house with the boys rather than play with the other girls. Then, she spent a large portion of her adolescence being a world-saving Action Girl. Suffice to say, she wasn't used to fashion and girl talks, although she does enjoy it when Neya convinced her to go shopping together.
- Wedding Day: The story's epilogue describes a grand wedding between Devin and Talia, which somehow resulted in the destruction of the Shrine of Aveyond — the cause of which is a hotly debated account among historical records.