The story take place during the original competition, however unknown to the islanders, another figure is also on the island. A boy named Storm (from the author's other series, Monstra) who had washed up on the island prior to the filming of the show. During the events of "The Sucky Outdoors" episode, Sadie and Katie end up finding the cave he's residing in for shelter. The three seem to hit it off nicely...until Storm reveals he's the walking undead, a vampire.
Needless to say, the two girls never return back to the campground the following day. But that soon becomes the least of the contestants worry.
Total Undead Drama has the following tropes:
- Affably Evil: Storm is a pretty nice guy all around and isn't malicious or anything. He's just used to doing things any vampire normally does and doesn't mind any cute company to share it with. Likewise Katie and Sadie are still quite bubbly as they stalk the night for blood.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Though Chris, Chef and a good number of the contestants get away. Storm succeeds in his revenge against the show. Cody, Lindsay, Heather, LeShawna, Beth ,Gwen and of course Sadie and Katie as well a good number of the production staff are turned and become Storm's undead servants, effectively taking over Camp Wakanawa and turning it into a vampire haven. Courtney was bitten during the escape and begins to show signs of vampirism, allowing Storm's influence to go beyond the island. What's more, with the studio equipment still at the camp, and Storm having a shape shifting power, he assures his followers new campers will come "join them". Cue a month going by and the cast of Revenge of the Island arriving, with Staci being lured away by one of the "interns".
- Cute Monster Girl: All the girls Storm turns.
- Death by Sex: Or makeout at least. After being charmed by Storm, Sadie and he start making out. Naturally Storm gets arouse enough that he starts kissing near her neck and, unsurprisingly, bites into it. Sadie being too entranced by that point to push him away and eventually passes out for him to continue feeding on.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Storm's "brides" go around barefoot.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Katie and Sadie after turning.
- Establishing Character Moment: When Storm first arrives on the island and a cave, gaining the ire of a bear within it. He tries to tell it he doesn't want any trouble. Only when it doesn't back down, does he go monster.
- Evil Costume Switch: Well somewhat, Storm's "brides" wear pink tattered gowns despite the fact he wears modern clothing. He admits it's a preference of his from watching old vampire movies and the vampire masters within in dressing turned girls this way.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Sadie's. Storm tries to drain her normally but due to her physique had trouble taking all of her blood. So he hangs her upside down from the cave ceiling like a hunk of meat to drain the rest out. This and blood loss lead to her human death.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Going by the original Dracula story rules with a bit of a twist. Vampires can go out into the sunlight and be just fine with the only drawback being they can't use their powers. Only newborns (i.e: newly turned) have to stay in the dark for a bit so as to get adjusted to their new bodies, lest their inexperience with their newfound magic destroy them.
- Power Floats: All the vampires in this are able to fly in human form.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: If this pic is to be believed.
- Shout-Out: Storm mentions coming from a small town called Elford during his trip. Seems a few of the cast of Braceface are in his servitude.
- Transhuman Treachery: Sadie and Katie who, while still keeping their personalities upon rising as vampires, embrace their new monstrous lifestyles very quickly.
- Undead Barefooter: Stormy, despite wearing modern clothing, admits he hail from vampire family that's a bit old fashioned. As such all his female servants mostly wear gowns with no footwear, either going barefoot or wearing stockings. Brock, the one sole male vampire servant, likewise goes around in his socks mostly because Storm likewise has a no shoe rule in his house (plus one of the oddball powers keeps the socks and stockings from tearing, getting dirty or smelling).
- Vampire Hickey: When Katie finds Sadie's body, she see the pinprick bite marks on her neck. After Sadie rises as a vampire, she proudly displays them signifying it as "the totes ultimate hickey". After Katie is caught and turned, she does likewise
- Vampires Are Sex Gods: This was how Storm managed to drain Sadie due to her boy crazy nature.