The Psionic Hero: Ayonic is a My Hero Academia fanfic written by TheCocoQueen that follows the story of her Original Character, Ayano Ishida, as she grows to become a Pro-Hero alongside her childhood friends, Katsuki and Izuku.
The Psionic Hero: Ayonic provides examples of:
- The Ace: Besides Katsuki and Shoto, Ayumi is also this. She's the daughter of a well respected pro and one of the most powerful U.A. students. During hero training, she subjected Shoto to a Curb-Stomp Battle and would have won had Ayano not intervened.
- Always Second Best: Despite Ayano having a lot of talent and power, she's always lagged behind Katsuki. He consistently beats her in all their sparring matches despite giving it her all and she ultimately loses to Shoto in the Sports Festival.
- Blessed with Suck: Ayano has an incredibly powerful psychic Quirk, but it makes physical activity a strain and she also constantly gets the surface thoughts of everyone around her. This caused her to have a Friendless Background since she saw through peoples' kind facades.
- Cain and Abel: Rina is the Cain to Ayano's Abel. She makes it clear that she wants to make her sister suffer and kill her, but for what reason is unknown.
- Expy: Many of the author's Original Characters are expies of famous superheroes in comics, particularly from the Marvel Universe.
- Ayano looks like a Jean Grey expy at first, but she's more like Hope Summers in practice. Her mother is the real Jean Grey expy, right down to having the code-name of Phoenix. Her true Quirk, Hive, functions as a sort of expy for the Phoenix Force as well.
- Ayumi is one for Quicksilver, with her Quirk being named after the silver speedster. Word of God states that she's based off Quicksilver and the Wally West incarnation of The Flash.
- Hachiro is pretty much Spider-Man due to sharing the exact same power-set.
- Konan is basically a one-to-one of Konan from Naruto. She's actually so much of one that the author plans to put her on the bus because she's too similar for comfort.
- Ayano's biological father, Giichi, is one of Wolverine thanks to his bone claw powers, though he lacks the metal skeleton. Though his are more like arm blades, giving him elements of Marrow.
- Glass Cannon: Ayano's psychic powers can let her do some serious damage to her opponent, but her body is rather frail compared to her classmates due to her Quirk putting much more emphasis on brain-power over physical ability. Aizawa even noted that her greatest weakness is her body's frailty.
- Power Copying: After the I-Island arc, this is revealed to be the true power Ayano has known as Hive. She can copy psychic and mental Quirks after spending enough time within their vicinity. The powers she's had the entire story were actually her grandfather's.
- Power Floats: Averted. Ayano can't lift herself with her powers. She's somewhat able to work around this by picking something up and lifting it with her still holding onto it, and she later gets a hover board from Hatsume to compensate for this.
- Secret Keeper: Ayano becomes this for All Might and Izuku regarding the secret of One For All. They didn't confide the secret to her, they're just really bad at keeping their thoughts hidden from Class 1-A's resident telepath.
- Story-Breaker Power: While plenty of characters in My Hero Academia have Super Speed to some degree or another, Ayumi is a legitimate speedster, and often moves so fast that no one can tell if she's moving or not. To her, the rest of the world seems to be in slow motion, and she's so fast that she easily wins the Obstacle Race despite waiting until the last possible second to even begin. The main thing that holds her back is her laziness and laid-back attitude.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Ayano has a lot of power and versatility due to being a psychic, but she lacks control over her abilities. One of the reasons she decides to attend U.A. is so she can learn to harness and manage her powers.