Set ten years after the cancellation of KaBlam!, this story begins with Henry and June, now in their early-to-mid twenties, reunited after being separated for nearly a decade. After a while, they decide to make a new show that would act as a "sequel" to KaBlam! - creatively titled Ka Boom. But there will be plenty of obstacles along the way, ranging from a bad crowd Henry used to hang with, to two Mafioso brothers, to a figure who isn't pleased with how KaBlam! parodied him...
This story is much darker and more serious than the show, but it's done in a mature, realistic way, and the tone is fairly optimistic overall. The characterization is handled well, with the characters grown up but still retaining their base personalities, and there are plenty of Heartwarming, tear jerking, Funny and badass moments to go around. While the story isn't finished yet and will probably be rather long (and isn't updated very frequently), it's one to watch.
- Author Appeal
- Completely Missing the Point: In one scene, Weird Ryan reveals that Stan is one of his favorite songs. He even sings along to it."God," thought June as she rolled her eyes, "This is so ironic it hurts."
- Dark Fic: Well, if it's a relatively serious fanfic based on a Nickelodeon sketch comedy show, this is somewhat inevitable.
- Deadpan Snarker: June, of course.
- Loony Fan: Weird Ryan has only gotten worse since he appeared on the show, to the point where he writes KaBlam! fanfiction with titles such as "June and Mr. Foot's Wild Night", "Henry the Piggie", and "Night of Pleasure: June, Dawn, Henry and Ryan". Henry and June are understandably disturbed.
- The Mafia: The Angelo brothers.
- Only in Miami
- Pet the Dog: Vincent Angelo does this a couple times.
- Take That!: At everything from Fanboy and Chum Chum to Nicholas Sparks books/movies, to people who write really disgusting sexual fanfictions.
- What a Piece of Junk: Henry's '64 Chevy Impala is, lookswise, a piece of junk. But it actually performs pretty well.