This is a shared-universe crossover, in which Violet Parr and Wilber Robinson are contemporaries and first meet at school. A Crossover Ship happens, naturally.
This is a 15-chapter work and it is now completed.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- All Animals Are Dogs: Played with.The T-Rex in this version actually is the family dog (with glasses) turned into a dinosaur by Futur10n.
- Alternate Universe Fic: A world where Violet and Wilbur are contemporaries, and superheroes are (initially) still legal.
- Bad Future: The plot of The Incredibles movie happens as the result of Wilbur meddling in time, creating a future where supers are illegal.
- For Want of a Nail: a movie poster inspired by a remark about helping hats from Captain Time Travel (Wilbur) inspires Lewis to create a mind scanner, setting off the villainy of Mike Yagoobian.
- Future Me Scares Me: a big plot resolution takes place when this happens to Buddy Pine, meeting Syndrome.
- Grandfather Paradox: Averted by the time-travel rules in this story. "A stone once thrown into the stream of time stays thrown." (Causality only flows forward in time. You could eliminate your grandfather which would eliminate yourself, but the fact that you were no longer around would not undo the change you made.)
- Make Up or Break Up: An older Wilbur's proposal to Violet goes wrong when she confesses to being a superhero. Subverted when he goes back in time as Captain Time Travel to experience what being a super is like, and butterfly effects eliminate the situation.
- Timeline-Altering MacGuffin: the stolen time machine left in the past from Meet the Robinsons gives inspiration and technology to Syndrome.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: fixed to some degree, because many of the paradoxes in Meet the Robinsons are given an explanation.