Rebellion A violent act against the established order. Revolution A widespread and wide-reaching change, for better or for worse. This is the tale of Lelouch taking up the mask of Zero to become a revolutionary for the world, instead of simply the leader of a rebellion for Japan. Witness the evolution of Zero as he changes the world. This is the tale of Zero's Revolution.
-Summary of CG:ZR
Code Geass: Zero's Revolution is an ongoing Code Geass Fanfic that begins with the worst day of Lelouch's life and things only go further downhill from there. Beginning with the death of his mother, Lelouch quickly finds himself and his sister, Nunnally, exiled to Japan. But before he leaves, he overhears something that forever alters the course his life will take.
It begins with a For Want of a Nail and expands it further by incorporating characters from other materials from Code Geass canon. Thus crafting a tale that, while somewhat similar to the original material, is still going in its own direction at its own pace.
The first chapter can be found on FF.net here: Code Geass: Zero's Revolution
This fic contains examples of the following tropes, in addition to those already present in the source material and side-materials:
- Action Girl: Kallen, when she's not at Ashford at least. As well as Nunnally once she gains her powers.
- Adaptational Badass: Aside from Lelouch getting his Geass, he falls into an lab and discover this verse's version of the Zero suit, which lets him do things like in Nightmare of Nunnally.
- Adaptation Expansion: Includes materials and characters from not only the original Code Geass, but Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, and Code Geass: Oz the Reflection
- Alice Allusion: Nunnally makes a joke to Alice about giving into the madness of Milly's scheme, but Alice notes that she's heard more than her fair share of jokes regarding her name.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: The Britannian Imperial Family, as usual.
- The Cameo: Leila Malcal is among those who are present at The Lake Kawaguchi Hotel Hijacking, as is Xingke.
- Dramatic Irony: Lelouch is completely unaware that Nemo is his sister, Nunnallly.
- The Power of Hate: What fuels the Mark Nemo is Nunnally's feelings of hatred.