Get out the alcohol and take a drink to dull the pain every time...
- An innocent person dies in front of you.
- Jack suffers a massive psychotic break.
- Take another if you get a narration mid-breakdown that's still in Jack's normal monotone despite the fact that he's otherwise weeping and mumbling incoherently.
- Take another if an NPC shows up and barely reacts to the thing that drove you into swirly-vision.
- Jack gets a psychic vision from a monster following him.
- Jack is Driven to Suicide because of Sanity Slippage.
- Jack gets knocked out with a Tap on the Head.
- If you're playing the PC version, if you get killed or stuck because of a gameplay glitch.
Optional alcohol poisoning rules - when your vision is so blurry that you can't tell the difference between regular gameplay and sanity loss, you win.
- Drink whenever the people of Innsmouth act creepy and murderous.
- Drink every time you get killed.