Canvas.MOV is a fanseries based off Pony.MOV.
It features five episodes:
- Fakegee.MOV: Blank Canvas tries to make an army out of Fakegees, but it ultimately backfires.
- Cheesecake.MOV: After returning from the hospital, Canvas's annoying friend, Cheesecake Jr., becomes his roommate.
- Jail.MOV: After killing Cheesecake, Jr., Blank Canvas gets sent to jail. Once he's released, he turns to a life of crime.
- Lyra.MOV: Canvas tries to help Lyra with her pregnancy and birth, after realizing he has a crushed nut.
- Home.MOV: Blank Canvas needs to decide whether or not to stay in Ponyville or go back home.
A lot of this stuff is played for laughs, of course.
Examples of tropes used in Canvas.MOV
- The Alcoholic: Blank Canvas at the end Home.MOV, 10 years in the future.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In Jail.MOV:Blank Canvas: I was in jail. My heart turned to stone, my outlook on life worsened, I got diarrhea.
- Author Avatar: Blank Canvas. Often leads to Self-Deprecation.
- Bi the Way: In the beginning of Cheesecake.MOV, Blank Canvas tries to name someone he hasn't philandered with. Big Macintosh isn't one of them.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Blank Canvas to Fluttershy.
- Commie Nazi: Blank Canvas, while not exactly a Nazi, will sometimes speak German or in a German accent.
- In Fakegee.MOV, he even said "HEIL STALIN."
- Deadpan Snarker: Cheesecake, Jr.
- Dirty Communist: Blank Canvas in Fakegee.MOV.
Blank Canvas: I never said anything about taking over Equestria. I just want to overthrow the proletariat.
- However, he becomes a socialist by Cheesecake.MOV
- Also, he never said he wanted to become premier of Equestria.
- Driven to Suicide: Blank Canvas is about to do this when he reaizes that Fluttershy left him for Rainbow Dash. Instead, he gets taken by the police.
- Expy: Cheesecake, Jr. (at least in this series) is not much more than a really annoying version of Spike.
- Face Plant: Blank Canvas does this at the end of Home.MOV.
- Just Got Out of Jail: After being released from prison after a ten-year sentence, he actually begans acting even MORE criminal, first by robbing Sugarcube Corner. Two weeks later he's in the electric chair.
- Little "No": At the end of Home.MOV:Blank Canvas: Hey...Vinyl...wanna go out?Vinyl Scratch: No.Blank Canvas: Coooome oooonnn, baaabyyy...Vinyl Scratch: No.Blank Canvas: Well, too bad. You're missing a great oppurtunity to be with a great man.(Blank Canvas faceplants in his soup, and starts snoring.)
- Neck Snap: Twilight does this to Blank Canvas at the end of Fakegee.MOV.
- Blank Canvas does this TO HIMSELF at the end of Cheesecake.MOV, after finding out there are more characters from his past comics to greet him.
- Offing the Annoyance: This happens at the end of Cheesecake.MOV.
- Pun: Tons of them. In Jail.MOV, there is a reference to a "Canterfornia". Another involves Super Mare-io World.
- Really Gets Around: Blank Canvas tries to list which ponies he didn't touch. Apparently Spitfire is the only one.
- Shout-Out: Many various ones.
- Stalker With a Crush: Pinkie Pie.
- The Stoner: Cheesecake Jr., and, of course, Spike.Cheesecake, Jr.: Hey, dragon dude, spot me a bong, will ya?Spike: Oh, brother.
- Those Wacky Nazis: The Mahziis of the Weegee Empire are a bit like the Nazis.Twilight: Now these are my kind of people!
- Toilet Humor: In Fakegee.MOV, Blank Canvas bites on Twilight's tail to teleport with her back home. Right when she makes a dump.Blank Canvas: AUGH! Right in my mouth!
- Unexplained Accent: Blank Canvas tends to break out into random accents at various different times. This comes out of nowhere is is completely unexplained. For example, during this speech in Fakegee.MOV, he speaks in a German accent.