Nicole HolofcenerBorn March 22, 1960 (age 58)New York City, New YorkOccupation Film director, screenwriterYears active 1982presentSpouse(s) Benjamin Allanoff (19932002; divorced; 2 children)Parent(s) Lawrence HolofcenerCarol HolofcenerFamily Charles H. Joffe (stepfather)Nicole Holofcener (/ˈhɒləfˌsɛnər/; born March 22, 1960) is an American film and television director and screenwriter. She has directed five feature films, including Friends with Money and Enough Said as well as various television series. Holofcener was a student of director Martin Scorsese.
- Walking And Talking (1996)
- Lovely And Amazing (2001)
- Friends with Money (2006)
- Please Give (2010)
- Enough Said (2013)
- The Land of Steady Habits (2018)
Tropes Associated With Holofcener's work
- Central Theme: Human Realism
- Signature Style: Usually makes romantic comedies with human realism with topics such as love, first dates, money, insecurity about self-image, and status.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: More on the heartfelt and sentimental side.
- Sliding Scale of Plot Versus Characters: Heavily on the character side. Plots are usually pretty loose and focus more on what the characters do.