Morinaga Milk is a Girls' Love mangaka whose works include Girl Friends, The Secret Recipe, and Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink. Notable for frequently averting a lot of stock Girls' Love tropes like Bury Your Gays, Bait-and-Switch Lesbians, Tomboy and Girly Girl, and Relationship Ceiling.
Tropes frequently used by this author:
- Author Appeal: Mister Donut seems to pop up a lot in her work. She also digresses into fashion and cosmetics.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Her favorite way to draw out a work.
- Gayngst: Though it's never so much being gay as being the problem more so that the characters just don't know how to be with the same gender.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Most characters tend to be rather girly and interested in fashion and cooking.
- Love Hurts: Her characters tend to wax endlessly and with teary eyes about the impossibility of their love.
- Only Six Faces: Many of her characters look similar, with their hair or height being the only difference.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Milk prefers her relationships to blossom from these. Almost all of her characters are close friends or become close friends long before they start dating.
- School Girl Lesbians: All of her works take place in high school.
- Something Completely Different: Happens most often in in Omakes, but some mangas are very different from the comedy, slice-of-life, yuri works Milk is known for.
- Super-Deformed: Switches into this depending on the mood.