Donald Marland Hewlett, (30 August 1920 — 4 June 2011), was a British actor best known for playing Colonel Reynolds in It Ain't Half Hot, Mum and Lord Meldrum in You Rang, M'Lord?.
He trained at RADA after World War II and began acting in repertory theatre at the Oxford Playhouse. His role in a film was as Lincoln Green in Orders are Orders.
At the start of his TV career, he was making appearances in The Ronnie Corbett Show, The Ronnie Barker Playhouse, The Saint, The Avengers (1960s) and Doctor Who. His most prominent role came in 1974 when he was cast in It Ain't Half Hot, Mum as Colonel Charles Reynolds. He shared many of his scenes with Michael Knowles, and the two also starred in two further David Croft sitcoms, Come Back Mrs. Noah and You Rang, M'Lord?.
Hewlett made several film appearances in The '70s, in films such as Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall, A Touch of Class, Carry On Behind and The Great Train Robbery (1978).
He died at the age of 90.
Works on TV Tropes he appeared in:Film
- Carry On Behind (1975) — Dean
- Confessions of a Driving Instructor (1976) — Mr. Maidment
- The Great Train Robbery (1978) — Club Member (Uncredited Role)
- The Saint, episode "The Persistent Parasites" (1965) — Howard Mitchell
- Coronation Street, 3 episodes (1965) — Bob Maxwell
- The Avengers, episode "The Thirteenth Hole" (1966) — Waversham
- Redcap, episode "The Proper Charlie" (1966) — Major Travis
- Callan, episode "But He's a Lord, Mr Callan" (1967) — Lord Lindale
- Doctor Who, 4-episode story "The Claws of Axos" (1971) — Sir George Hardiman
- It Ain't Half Hot, Mum, 56 episodes (1974-81) — Colonel Charles Reynolds
- Are You Being Served?, episode "Up Captain Peacock" (1975) — Dress Customer
- The New Avengers, episode "Faces" (1976) — Torrance
- Come Back Mrs. Noah, 6 episodesshow list (1977-78) — Carstairs
- Lovejoy, episode "The Real Thing" (1986) — Harry
- You Rang, M'Lord?, 26 episodes (1988-93) — Lord George Meldrum