Daniella Monet (born Daniella Monet Zuvic; March 1, 1989) is an American actress and singer, best known for playing various TV guest roles and most recently, starring as Trina Vega, in the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious and as adult Tootie in A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! Currently she hosts Awesomeness TV on Nickelodeon, and also voiced Mitzi in the Nickelodeon dub of Winx Club.
Tropes That Ms. Monet does:
- Alpha Bitch: She seems to be typecast as this often in roles such as Nancy Drew, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and to an extent Victorious.
- Informed Flaw: For all the times we were told that Trina was a terrible performer, many instances on "Victorious" allowed Daniella a chance to show she was just as skilled a dancer as Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande and Elizabeth Gillies
- Older Than They Look: She looks like a teen, but she was in her twenties during the run of Victorious.
- Screwed by the Network: When Victorious finally had an episode devoted to her character, "How Trina Got In," Nickelodeon's promotions were only about the pointless B-plot of Tori needing to pay a sushi bill, and nothing about Trina. Either Nickelodeon really hates Monet, or Victoria Justice is a Creator's Pet of epic proportions.
- Some fans feel that the ending the teacher was more or less high from bad milk, wasted the potential to have Monet actually perform for once.
- That said the network liked her enough to grant her the female lead in the Fairly Odd Parents live action adaptations, and gave her the host position for the short lived Awesomeness TV.