An Encore From My Crying Heart by kirastrations is a Danganronpa Alternate Universe Fic where Kaede Akamatsu keeps the role of main lead by default, after Shuichi Saihara, the canon protagonist of New Danganronpa V3, takes the First Blood Perk when Monokuma offers it up before Chapter 1's investigation.
This fanfic is most often compared to the likes of I'd Trade My Life For Yours, in which, similarly, Shuichi Saihara, the canon protagonist is wrongfully executed in Chapter 1's Trial, and Three-Point Shot, where Kaede Akamatsu keeps the role of main lead.
This fanfiction is planned to have seven major arcs, plus five special chapters, for a rough estimate of 55 chapters. However, the number of chapters for the story may change later on, as the story is updated.
- Chapter I: Our Class Trial, His Resolution (1) - Completed 12/08/18
- Chapter II: Overture of Heaven and Hell (2-11) - Completed 20/12/18
- Chapter III: Egoistic, Easygoing Elegy of Emprise (13-22) - In Progress
- Chapter IV: ??? (24-33)
- Chapter V: Reprisal and Reprise (35-44)
- Chapter VI: ??? (47-54)
- Chapter VII: Epilogue (55)
- Special Chapters (12, 23, 34, 45, 46)
Expect unmarked spoilers for New Danganronpa V 3, as well as other installments in the Danganronpa series.
This Fan Fic contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Situation: It is uncertain about Shuichi's fate as he was sent out of the Killing Game while bleeding.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: The main factor of this fanfiction is that Kaede remains the protagonist for the Killing Game, with Shuichi being removed from the game as a result of taking the First Blood Perk. However, there are short scenes or extra stories that are viewed in the lens of a different character.
- Back from the Dead: Rantaro was literally brought back from the dead in Chapter 3!
- Breaking Old Trends: Because this fanfiction is an alternative universe where Kaede lives and Shuichi gets kicked out of the Killing Game, some common Danganronpa threads gets defied like who dies in each Chapter.
- Call-Back: A number of call backs appear in the fanfiction that reference the original New Danganronpa V 3.
- Death Seeker: Himiko started inflicting self-harm on herself after witnessing Tenko's execution in Chapter 2.
- Déjà Vu: The cast experience this whenever they have flashbacks towards their lives in the original New Danganronpa V 3.
- Heroic BSoD: After her survival and Shuichi's situation in Chapter 1, Kaede constant blame on herself while hiding the truth led her to suffer this time and time again.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Kiyo revealed to have inflicted himself with cuts on both his arms as a means of counting how many girls he had killed to send to his deceased sister as friends.
- It's All My Fault: This is how Kaede feels about Rantaro's death and Shuichi's tight situation.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Seriously, it is highly recommended that you play or watch a walkthrough of the original New Danganronpa V 3 before reading this fanfiction.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Ryoma was so guilty about how he reverted back to being a murderous criminal by harming his classmates in order to get his Kubs Pad back that he locked himself up in a cell.
- Tenko was horrified that her murder trap, which was meant for Kiyo, ended by killing Gonta by complete accident.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Miu was right that Gonta's murderer was Tenko. Her mistake was that she thought Tenko intentionally killed Gonta just because the latter was a guy, when in reality, Tenko killed Gonta by accident with her trap that was meant for Kiyo.
- Robot Maid: Kiibo actually thought it was a good idea to trying to be a maid as a means of learning how to be more human... He even worse Kirumi's spare maid uniform...
- Virtual Reality: It is heavily implied that this story is taking place in a virtual reality.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Maki has a tendency to call out on Kaede whenever the latter seems to hesitate or make poor choices due to Kaede's trust on others or fear of hurting them.
- Wham Shot: Rantaro's Back from the Dead scene in Chapter 3.