Long ago, there was a mighty kingdom called Gyldenbrae. The kingdom has since fallen, but how? Well, there is a book that could answer that question. But here's another...
Are you sure you want to read it?
The Crawling King is presented in the form of an old book containing a number of legends, manuscripts, and first-hand documentaries about the people of Gyldenbrae, events that occurred there, and the various horrors that brought them to their end. The paper has even been artificially aged with coffee and burned with fire to complete the illusion of it being an ancient text from a long fallen forgotten Kingdom.
The book was funded on Kickstarter on September 15th, 2017. It was released in 2018.
The Crawling King contains examples of:
- Apocalyptic Log: The book contains a whole bunch of them, from individual citizens, to the entire kingdom.
- Body Horror: In one story, a woman puts a ring on, and her skeleton exits her body through her mouth, before taking the ring, and leaving her a lump of flesh on the floor.
- Creepy Centipedes: Some of the illustrations could easily be contenders for this trope's page image.
- Dem Bones: There's plenty of illustrations of skeletons in the book.
- Hand Puppet: One of the illustrations is of a hand puppet of a king.
- White Gloves: The person in the circus wagon has big white gloves on his hands.
- You Dirty Rat!: One of the stories involves a giant rat WITH SIX LEGS emerging from underneath a tree.