Following the death of her father, Jacqueline "Jacky" Johnson finds a Jet Pack in his workshop with an unknown power source. Since her father's business hasn't been doing all that well since his passing, Jacky decides to use the jetpack to become a superheroine who steals from the rich... and uses the money to keep her, her little brother Chuck, and their cat Puddles out of the red.
While they're at it, they also need to save their home city of Olympic Heights from a threat that might be from outer space.
Jupiter Jet contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Jacky with her jet pack.
- Alliterative Name: Jacqueline "Jacky" Johnson, obviously.
- Alliterative Title: Jupiter Jet.
- Bald of Evil: Praetor Pluto has no hair on his head, and is a villain.
- Big Bad: Pluto
- Gadgeteer Genius: Chuck, Jacky's little brother, regularly builds gadgets for her to use when defending the city.
- Jet Pack: Jacky finds one in her dad's workshop that has an unknown power source.
- Net Gun: Praetor Pluto fires a net at Jacky in a battle in a baseball field.
- Once More, with Clarity!: Chapter 1 begins with a retelling of Jacky looting a mobster on a blimp. She tells the story painting herself as a competent heroine who beat the mobster with a ball, complete with clever quips. In reality, she held onto the door frame for dear life to keep from getting sucked out of the blimp, and then had to jump to catch the bag of money when it fell out of the door.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Pluto wears a mostly black outfit with red lining.