In the future, a MegaCity in Japan is rocked by a cataclysm in the Sector K district, and now it's infested with mechs. Ten years down the line, the Sector K district has become known as "Killtopia", and the center of the newest bloodsport. Soldiers of fortune called Wreckers go into Killtopia to hunt down and take out mechs for the entertainment of the masses.
Shinji is a rookie Wrecker who hunts mechs illegally (he lacks a permit) in the hopes of saving up to cure his sister's illness. One day, while out on a hunt, Shinji comes across a surprising discovery. It's a mech, but the mech is sentient, and has named itself Crash. What's more, Crash's code seems to be the things to cure a nano-plague that's killing humans around the world.
Once word of Crash's code gets out, the two soon find themselves on the run from Wreckers, android killers, and the Yakuza in a battle royale to end all battle royales.
The comic was funded on Feruary 3rd, 2018, on Kickstarter. It was released on September 3rd, 2018.
Killtopia contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Pretty much all the female Wreckers, but Stiletto is the number one rated Wrecker in Japan.
- Blood Sport: Killtopia is the setting of one in which human soldiers for hire called "Wreckers" hunt down and destroy Killer Robots called "Mechs".
- Cyber Cyclops: Crash is a non-villainous example.
- Killer Robot: Mechs, which are all over Killtopia.
- Location Title: Killtopia is the name of the mech-infested sector the bloodsport happens in.
- MegaCity: The comic is set in one in Japan.
- Off with His Head!: A number of characters lose their head on the comic.
- One-Word Title: Killtopia.
- The Plague: There seems to be a nano-plague spreading across the planet that's killing people left, right, and center.