Tropes that are applicable to WM (Double-M)
- Alliterative Name: Mizuki Kanzaki and Mikuru Natsuki
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: These two are literally among the most compatible pair of all the idol pairs. They compliment each other to their fullest and despite officially becoming friends not too long ago, they act as though they've known each other their entire lives.
- They even share an aura to back it up.
- Meaningful Name: The "zuki" in "Mizuki" means "moon" while "Mikuru" is a play on the word "miracle" which are their symbols. So much that it's in the name of their unit coords. These allude to their unit name, WM, in addition to the fact that both their names start with "M."
- It should also be noted that the German words for "Miracle" and "Moon" are "Wunder" and "Mund", respectively.
- Opposites Attract: Mizuki is reserved, calm, and professional while Mikuru is out-going, energetic, and free-spirited.
- Put on a Bus: The unit after Season 2, when Mikuru decides to step out of the Idol world and Mizuki reforms Tristar with Yurika and Kaede for the remainder of the series.
Like the moon shines in the sky, brightly, illuminating the night, top idol Mizuki Kanzaki does the same for every idol aiming for the top. Mizuki is a calm and mature person with a professional air about her. She's talented and hard-working, but at the same time has a kinder side to her personality. As of the second-half of season two she has started a unit with Mikuru Natsuki called WM. She's a sexy-type idol who currently uses her personal that she created, Love Moonrise, which is the "evolved" form of her season one brand, Love Queen.
- Image Color: RedAge: 14-15 (S1), 16-17 (S2), 17(S3)Birthday: September 18 (Virgo)Blood Type: ATrademark Favorite Food: Marron glaces and fragrant teasType: SexyMain brand: Love Queen, Love MoonriseSchool: Starlight AcademyUnits: Tristar, STAR☆ANIS (Formerly), WM (Formerly), Aikatsu8Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki (speaking), Risuko Sasakama (singing)
Tropes associated with Mizuki:
- The Ace: Subverted. Unlike most Aces, Mizuki isn't naturally gifted at what she does. The reason she's the incredible top idol she is today is because she worked her ass off (and still does) to get where she is now. This is up to the point that before she debuted as an idol, she took a year hiatus from the entertainment world to undergo intense training.
- Alliterative Name: Mizuki Kanzaki
- Always Someone Better: Is this for every other idol and coupled with the fact that she's never lost a single competition in the anime.
- Bare Your Midriff: Both Love Queen and Love Moonrise invoke this at times due to both being sexy type brands.
- Can't Catch Up: Invokes this so much that the first season was pretty much dedicated to Ichigo and her friends trying to match up to her.
- Starts this again when she returns to the idol world in the second half of season two. This time with a partner.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Determinator: It's safe to say that she surpasses Ichigo in this as well.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: While not her assigned color, Mizuki has purple hair and eyes, and it is a common color scheme for her in and out of coords.
- Hardwork Hardly Works: Both subverted and played with. She underwent intense training that took a year for her to complete and the results? The top idol that no one can catch up to.
- HeelFace Turn: Performed one on both Starlight and Dream Academy. The former was because of the headmistress of the latter asked for her help in making a top-notch idol school and the prospect of making idols interested her. The latter is pretty much because of that prospect which is half the reason for her forming WM in the first place.
- Meaningful Name: "Mizuki" means "beautiful moon" which alludes to both her physical appearance and personality. Mizuki is often considered to be very cute and/or beautiful which has been noted many characters. Her symbol though, is the moon. It represents how brightly she shines and how high she is that it seems as though no one can reach her. The last part is later subverted after choosing Mikuru as her partner, who of which notes this.
- The "Kan" in "Kanzaki" means god, referring to her status as the top idol.
- The Mentor: To Ichigo and her friends.
- Put on a Bus: Played with. Like Ichigo, she left Starlight Academy at the end of season one and come season two, according to Aoi, she turns out to have disappeared from the idol world. In the first episode of season two, though not explicitly shown, she's seen with the headmistress of Dream Academy watching Seira's debut performance.
- Rapunzel Hair: When it's held up in a headband, like it normally is, it goes to her knees and though it has yet to be seen this way, when down her hair is estimated to reach her ankles making her hair the longest in the series.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Mikuru's red
- Sempai Kouhai: Was the sempai to Ichigo's kouhai in season one.
Are you ready to see Mikuru's Miracle? Mikuru Natsuki is a bright, energetic, and sweet girl who just so happens to be Mizuki's fated partner. Though new to the idol world, she doesn't fall short as she casts her miracle upon the stage. She's free-spirited and loves flowers and has proven herself a capable idol that's able to keep up with the best. She's a pop-type idol and the second half of the unit WM. She uses the brand Vivid Kiss.
- Image Color: OrangeAge: 16-17 (S2)Birthday: July 7 (Cancer)Blood Type: OTrademark Favorite Food: Ice cream and soda.Specialty: Gardening and remaking outfitsType: PopMain brand: Vivid KissUnits: WM, Aikatsu8Voiced by: Aya Suzaki (speaking), Mona Tomoyama and later Fūri Uebana (singing)
Tropes associated with Mizuki:
- Bare Your Midriff: Vivid Kiss, hands down, loves this. Just about every single one of their coords invoke this and keep in mind this is a pop-type brand.
- Technically justified because it is a west-coast inspired brand based in LA.
- But Not Too Foreign: Played with. She was born in Denmark, but has a name that's clearly Japanese, looks foreign and uses an American-based brand. Whether or not she's fully or part Japanese hasn't been clarified yet.
- Catchphrase: "Mikuru no Mirakuru misechau kana?" which means, "Are you ready to see Mikuru's Miracle?"
- Fashionable Asymmetry: The her premium rare constellation dress, the Cancer Resort Coord serves as this.
- There's also the fact that her barrettes don't match and she wears a yellow bandanna on her left ankle as a part of her default outfit.
- Floral Theme Naming: As a gardener and an expert on all things flowers she tends to do this a lot when describing or comparing something.
- Genki Girl: A more subdued version, but still counts.
- Meaningful Name: "Mikuru" is a play on the word "Mirakuru" or "Miracle." This refers to her miracle, Mikuru's Miracle. The "Natsu" means summer which refers to her brand Vivid Kiss, a west coast-inspired brand based in Los Angeles and the "Ki" means tree which refers to her family's gardening shop.
- Ms. Fanservice: With her preferred brand and her solo live performance in Episode 84, she qualifies.
- Because her brand and the performance invoke this, she's commonly considered to be more of a sexy-type idol rather than a pop-type idol by fans.
- Multicolored Hair: Has pink streaks in her otherwise sandy blond hair.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Again, the Resort Cancer Coord◊.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Mizuki's blue
- Technicolor Eyes: They're purple and red.