- The Gotengo. To wit:
- At the start of the film it defeats Godzilla. It barely succeeded, and could only freeze it, but a human-made weapon other than the Oxygen Destroyer still defeated Godzilla.
- The upgraded Gotengo annihilating Manda. Also doubles as an action packed introduction to the kind of batshit-crazy bullshit Gordon can get away with.
- The Xillians are running amok, the Gotengo is Earth's last ship, so what do they do? They free Godzilla. And when they see he thinks the battle from the last time is still going on, they have him chase where the other monsters are rampaging to have him fight them.
- Godzilla killing the American Zilla in less then twenty seconds is flat AWESOME. Adding "We're All To Blame" in the background is icing on the cake.
- Hell, the whole montage of Godzilla walking around owning every monster that he comes across is awesome, especially when you consider that the monsters have all single-handily overwhelmed Earth's defenses. "Last resort" indeed.
- For fans of Zilla, seeing him in a Japanese Godzilla movie at all is pretty awesome.
- The mutant soldiers taking down Ebirah is one of the few times humans actually take down a kaiju, and it is awesome.
- Kumasaka's superior fighting against all the mutants in a You Shall Not Pass! moment. He actually holds his own for several minutes, and the mutants have to physically all jump on top of him to force him down. And he's still trying to resist even as they kill him...
- Better still, HE SURVIVED!
- ANYTHING Captain Gordon does.
- Gigan, toward the end of the film, revealing his upgrades. And when he uses them like tank treads to counter Mothra's attempt to blow him away.
- The scenes of the alien monsters utterly laying waste to human civilization are both amazing and horrifying.
- Monster X changing into Keizer Ghidorah, pitting Godzilla against his most classic adversary, is positively chilling.
- Their entire fight is this in spades. Monster X gets points for being the only monster to single-handedly hold up Big G and even gain the upper hand.
- Godzilla killing Keizer Ghidorah by pushing him into outer space with his Hyper Spiral Ray and exploding him into a million pieces. Definitely the most appropriate climax for this type of movie.
- The last shot of the series, ending with Godzilla's signature roar.
- Gordon's Badass Boast right after Godzilla is revived:Gordon: Listen, kid. There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me and the other is... Godzilla.Godzilla: SKREEEEEOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNKKKKKK!
- Ozaki single handedly kicking the ass of the new controller.
- King Caesar, Anguirus and Rodan versus Godzilla. Even if they lost, they held him up longer than anyone else apart from Monster X. That takes some serious balls.
- Might damper the Awesome a bit but could cross into heartwarming as there might be a REASON why they held out longer. Godzilla didn't want to truly kill his friends.
- Godzilla killing Gigan even though not in continuity with Showa it was satisfying seeing something of an end to a monster that fled away in two films with no conclusion. Fulfilled again by Mothra later in the film.
- Godzilla's reawakening is one of the most epic moments in the whole franchise, especially with the flames burning in his eyes.
- Godzilla and Mothra, the King and Queen of the Monster World joined forces in stopping the Xilian Invasion. Most notable was when Godzilla was captured by Monster X who had Gigan to cut the Kaiju to pieces. Godzilla turned this around and pushed Monster X to received that exact treatment. With both of aliens distracted, Mothra flew in and smacked them right to the floor.
- In 50 years of co-starring together, this is the first film in the franchise where Godzilla and an adult Mothra have fought something other than each other.
- Mothra killing Gigan by using his own buzz saws against him and then ramming into him at full speed while on fucking fire, blowing him to utter pieces.
Awesome / Godzilla: Final Wars