- To start with, Murakami and Kentaro taking Godzilla on in a Sherman tank, and surviving despite repeated successes in deliberately drawing the Big G's attention their way.
- Murakami and his insane ability to weather nearly anything thrown at him. Surviving Godzilla, then the appearance of dozens of other monsters, he develops an odd, standoffish relationship with Godzilla himself that sees him team up with the creature twice at the controls of Mechagodzilla.
- Millenium Godzilla vs. Millenium Anguirus is the only straight up one on one monster battle and it is awesome. Not just well structured but for making Anguirus a worthy enemy to Godzilla.
- The massive monster brawl in the third issue which includes Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Battra, Ebirah, Kumonga, Hedorah and Megalon.
- That Gigan and King Ghidorah are the True Final Boss characters for the series. They're taken from one of the more bizarre films in the series - nestled in between Godzilla vs. Hedorah and Godzilla vs. Megalon - and are arguably a Crack Pairing, but to see Stokoe honor that is awesome. Ghidorah was expected, but to use Gigan? Awesome. The latter even gets to surf on a freaking aircraft carrier.
- The preview in the fourth issue, too - hinting at exactly what Deverich's machine has summoned from the depths of space.
- One of the monster encounters once they've become common and widespread involves the team driving through Hedorah, in one side and out the other. It trashes the van, but it's amazing.
- Ota finally catching Deverich and giving him a good old punch in the face. To say this wasn't satisfying would be lying.
Awesome / Godzilla: The Half-Century War