Yutori-chan is a short web anime series, directed by Keiichiro Kawaguchi with character designs by POP. This is not the first time these two have worked together, having previously collaborated on Moetan. Noted for being a series delivered to its audience by e-mail links.
Yutori-chan is a series of short sketches about Yutori Tanaka and her co workers at the Popuu company, who work in advertising for a line of anime-based products, which the audience often gets short commercials of at the start of the shorts. Working with her are the workaholic, constantly stressed Shiori Tsumekomi and Reiko Dankain ("Dankai" for short.)
Yutori-chan provides examples of:
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Yutori is always the boke, with either Tsumekomi (appropriately) or Dankai serving as tsukkomi.
- Comic Trio: Dankai is the one in charge, Yutori doesn't listen, and Tsumekomi is powerless against both of them.
- Constantly Curious: After hearing that a spherical Rubik's Cube thing is being marketed to adults, Yutori casually declares it an "adult toy". Dankai explains what that really means, apparently in great detail.
- Gag Boobs: Dankai
- Genki Girl: Yutori
- Girlish Pigtails: Yutori
- Hammerspace: Dankai has a veritable arsenal of weapons, inclduing the traditional Hyperspace Mallet, a Paper Fan of Doom, a large motivation sign and, if she's in a bad mood, a bat with nails in it.
- Meaningful Name: "Yutori" means "taking it easy", which she does very well.
- Naïve Newcomer: Yutori
- Show Within a Show: A sentai series, Sokosoko V and a cute animal show, Ditzy Tiger, have both been shown, along with an unnamed Magical Girl series. Shorts usually begin with mock commercials for these franchises.
- Too Much Information: In trying to discern which of the Tanakas a client is calling for, Yutori ends up revealing that one of them has hemorrhoids. Yutori does seem content to abuse the system.
- Work Com