This thread is for requesting edits or unlocks to Locked Pages or for requesting locks. It can also be used for technical requests to moderators such as creating new pages in the Main/ and other restricted namespaces without going through YKTTW. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
A Wizard boy
As part of a YKTTW-TRS effort to work on the "Save the World" Climax, this example needs to be added to Final Fantasy VII:
- "Save the World" Climax: The game starts with a resistance group known as Avalanche fighting against the Shinra Mega Corp. just to help improve the lives of the citizens that live in the slums. One thing turns to another and eventually they're fighting a psychotic Super Soldier who wants to destroy the world.
No trouble at all. I only namespaced the one instance that was wikilinked.
On Complete Monster Western Animation page, there are some villains that need to be axed. The Complete Monster cleanup thread decided so;
- Norman Osborn from The Spectacular Spiderman. Doesn't really commit enough heinous actions to qualify.
- The entire The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron entry. The show is too lighthearted to have any C Ms, and the villains do not commit any onscreen acts.
- Steele from Balto. He is just a Jerkass but not quite a Complete Monster.
- Geberak Zahl from Batman: The Brave and the Bold for being a Zero-Context Example.
- The spider from Cobweb Hotel short. Just a generic Big Bad.
edited 14th Jan '13 5:30:19 AM by Krystoff
World's Toughest Milkman
On Horny Devils, the line that starts "Poul Anderson's Operation Chaos" needs to have Creator/ and Literature/, respectively, added to those wicks.
The polyamorous time-traveler may have trouble with a pair o' doxies.
Done. Not where I'm comfortable accessing that particular page...I'll take care of it later if no one else does.
There is a lore related error in the Bleach section of the Complete Monster trope, in the third "Hollow" article,
"he is sent to Hell by Rukia for the serious crimes he committed whilst still alive"While that is untrue, as it was not Rukia that sent him to Hell, the remainder of the article is also not exactly accurate. I think it best replaced with:
"after Ichigo kills him, he (Shrieker) is sent to Hell because of the heinous crimes he committed while still alive. This is significant because a Zanpakuto can only cleanse Hollows of any sins they've committed post Hollowfication (because the Hollows judgement is then clouded by the pain of losing it's heart). Shrieker is the only Hollow seen in Bleach to receive this punishment, which says a lot about how bad he was as a human - even Grand Fisher, listed below, who was undoubtedly a Complete Monster whilst a Hollow, hadn't committed sufficiently serious sins as a human (if any at all) to warrant being sent to Hell, after suffering the same fate as Shrieker."I've left the original line "after Ichigo kills him" in so it is easy to see which part I meant. "Double Quotes" added for clarity, not because they belong in the article.
edited 14th Jan '13 10:24:56 AM by Dyuran
EVIL SORCERER RETURNS!
on Fallen Creator, Brat Pack needs changing to Brat Pack. Be warned, the person who wrote it used the curly brackets instead of CamelCase.
Cleric of Banjo
I just requested to Fighteer that Feminist Frequency be locked because it has been such a bashing/natter magnet. Wondered about the mods going through it now and fixing some of that. I'd think this line added to Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch should probably go:
- Not so much though since it is technically a second season to a series of videos she was already known for.
Edit, edit, edit, edit the wiki
Dramatic Sit-Down: After 9/11, he did this on camera. He was sitting in a classroom, reading a book to children when one of his aides came over and whispered what was happening into his ear. He made a point by not telling the kids. Can someone put this in the George W. Bush page? Please and thank you.
Don't make me destroy you. @ Castle Series
Could you also please add the following article on Naruto's YMMV page, under the Values Dissonance trope? Thank you in advance.
- When Shikaku is about to relay an important message for his wife to his son, he suddenly changes his mind and instead tells his son to hide the contents of a wooden box from his mother. So instead of using this final chance to say his last goodbyes to his wife, it's apparently more important to him that she doesn't find his stash of porn. What.
A Wizard boy
A Wizard boy
IOU one title
Got a couple Metal Gear Solids that need to be changed:
- On America Saves the Day, Metal Gear Solid needs to be changed to Metal Gear and the Metal Gear Solid 4 Pot Hole at the end should be changed to Metal Gear Solid 4.
- The Metal Gear Solid on Fallen Creator should be changed to Metal Gear Solid.
- The Metal Gear Solid under Killer App on the Final Fantasy VII page should be changed to Metal Gear Solid.
- The first Metal Gear Solid on the Metal Gear page should be changed to Metal Gear Solid 3, and the second that is spoilered near the bottom should be changed to Metal Gear.
Alright, here's where we're at: 4464: Not that I don't trust you (I am completely ignorant about Bleach) but I want someone to double-check that request before I put it on the page. 4465: Done. 4466: The first edit is done; do you have a suggestion as to how to rewrite the latter part? I've only watched a couple of those videos and am completely ignorant of anything beyond what I've seen. 4467: Not added; if Bush was already sitting down, I don't see how this applies. 4468: I'm asking for advice on that one as well (again, a series I know nothing about) 4469 - 4472: Done.
A Wizard boy