The Guilty Pleasure Writing Thread:
edited 12th Sep '10 9:15:51 AM by Tre
edited 12th Sep '10 2:22:06 PM by BudZer
- A war in the East
- The imminent birth of the incarnation of the Light
- A loose justification for gift-giving (He believes that humanity needs some small proof of magic every so often, as well as of generosity. Most of the other mages write this off as an eccentricity, but some worry it could foster a civilian dependence on magic, as well as have other potentially harmful repercussions.)
- A magical spyglass St. Nick uses to watch over The Empire
- A solitary tower/“workshop” he lives out of in the North that’s Bigger on the Inside
- Similarly, the obligatory sack St. Nick hauls his gifts in that also happens to be a Bag of Holding
- Old Man Winter and his son, Jack Frost.
- Tolkienesque elves who provide St. Nick with spells and speshul elven artifacts
- Slightly not-as-Tolkienesque and also quasi-Scandinavian-based dwarves who provide St. Nick with reindeer and wind magic spells in return for protection from ice giants/yeti/etc.
- Some form of expies for the Three Wise Men (either the first Magi or perhaps rulers of kingdoms that border the Empire)
- Steam/clock/claypunk toy-people/golems St. Nick fashions as help, as well as a demon familiar named Black Peter
- And all that schmaltzy holiday feely-goodness we (or at least I) grew up with and love about Christmas.
edited 30th Sep '10 10:38:16 AM by dreamshell
edited 9th Oct '10 7:01:36 PM by Tre
You need to Get Known to get one of those.