- Genius Bonus: In the 2015 episode "Greenfinger", the "Welsh Space Plant" closes the show by singing a triumphant song. Welshians in the audience will recognize it as the traditional Welsh song "Men of Harlech" sung in Welsh.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Known under the title Dare Dare Motus, this series was popular in France in the time. Subverted in that nowadays, you'll be hard pressed to find people who remember about it.
- Ho Yay: This exchange from "All Fall Down":
Mac The Fork (on phone to Dudley Poyson) Listen, Dudley...how do ye feel about bein' mah partner?Dudley: (laughs giddily) Are you proposing marriage?
- To say nothing of Danger Mouse's passport listing Penfold as his spouse in the new series.
- Macekre: For once from English into something else. The series was dubbed into Gaelic for Scottish audiences (population of Scotland approx 5.5 million, number of Gaelic speakers somewhere between 10,000 and 50,000) and the result is rightly regarded as an abomination. For a start, ITV changed the title character's name and theme tune.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Some are not happy about the 2015 series lowering DM's intelligence and succumbing to the Positive Discrimination route by introducing two female protagonists who are for the most part smarter and more competent than him.
- Although this may be less a case of dumbing down and simply a case of Technology Marches On- as an agent who was active in the early 1980's and about twenty years out of step even then would naturally be clueless about innovations such as advanced security systems and digital tablets, while the younger, more tech-savvy next generation would be far more familiar with such things.note
- Likewise, the fame-hungry Count Duckula (Christmas Special cameo notwithstanding.) might suffer exactly the same sort of Culture Shock upon re-awaking in 2016 and finding that YouTube has superseded "telly" and social media has replaced the newspaper. note
- Danger Mouse's reduced intelligence aside, Baron Greenback is German in this version all of a sudden, and is now known as Baron Silas "von" Greenback.note