The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum has so many that it's a convincing argument to make "World of Woobie" a trope again.
- Let us start with our hero, Marcus. The TCB War has turned him into a nearly empty and almost psychotic shell of a man. And even before that, he lost his dad at a young age and witnessed the worst of mankind during his time as a soldier during the wars in the Middle East. The war itself also caused the deaths of the rest of his family, forced him to Mercy Kill his ponified brother, and that's not even getting to the downright horrific things he's seen and done throughout it.
- TCB!Spike. When he and Rarity realized what was happening to the other Elements of Harmony, they tried to escape, but failed. Not only were his friends and the mare he was in love with corrupted by darkness to be the Queen's tools of evil, but he himself was imprisoned and horribly tortured for going against the Queen. When Trixie finds him, he's pretty much a shell of his former self.
- Then there is Trixie. A PHL spy who appears to be Becoming the Mask to the personae used in her spy work and fears she is becoming just as bad, if not worse than the people she fights against.
- TCB!Bon-Bon, whose mind was broken after the Queen executed Lyra. Nowadays she's just a babbling mess diagnosed with chronological lobular desync disorder (think of it as a stroke, that lets you view both the present and any point of history at the same time, with everything that implies).
Sometimes she babbled about events that had yet to happen, or screamingly re-experienced past horrors, not just from her own life, but of Eldritch nightmares from eons before Equestria's founding.
- TCB!Cadence, who was betrayed by her true love thanks to him being brainwashed into an unshakable fanatic for the Queen's cause. In Marcus' words, TCB!Shining Armor "attempted to subdue [Cadence] and drag her to the Tyrant with a smile."
- TCB!Luna, who was sickened and wracked with guilt by what Celestia was doing, and tried to help the humans... and was turned to stone for it. By Celestia herself.
- Every surviving human. No, ponified ones don't count. And the pony sympathizers who work with them who have seen what happened to Equestria, and hate every minute of it.
- The war started in 2020, the story itself is set in 2023. Millions of people were made refugees in that time, this is because of the The Barrier, which annihilates any human or human-made object in its way (not even leaving dust behind). Even if you haven't lost your home yet, that's billions more counting down until the barrier is on their front lawn. Try living three years, attempting to go about your daily routines, knowing that is your world's fate, dying by inches.
- TCB!Scootaloo suffers from a disease causing the tissues of her wings to become necrotic and ends up needing them amputated. The fact that she had an elaborate dream of gaining use of them only ramps up the sympathy for her.
- TCB!Sweetie Belle and TCB!Applebloom as well, who could only helplessly watch as their beloved sisters became hateful xenocidal nutjobs hellbent on destroying all of humanity.
- Hyong-Jin from the Asia Side Story. His father died when he was young, then he discovers his mother and little sister (whom he vowed to watch over after his dad's death) were ponified with the rest of North Korea, and then he finds that his home country was nuked to the ground. And according to the author, the Trauma Conga Line will probably only keep going for him for a while...
- King Spykoran can count. In order to ensure the Bag of Tirek would never be used again, he was forced to annihilate all of Dream Valley. Let that sink in. He was forced to kill everyone he knew and loved and their entire families all to prevent the bag from ever harming anyone else again. His guilt is so massive, that he can't even take his 100 year nap because he's still haunted by what he did, even though he maintains he did what he had to do.
- Shockingly, For Whom the Bell Tolls reveals that the TCB!Mane Six are this. TCB!Twilight was initially against the ponification plans, and ended up getting horribly Mind Raped by the Queen, and was imprisoned in her own body while a dark personality was implanted to take over it. All she could do was helplessly watch as her friends all suffered the same fate, and all of them committing Moral Event Horizon grade acts against the humans. When Luna explores her mind to get some information, TCB!Twilight desperately begs Luna to kill her. Special mention goes to TCB!Rarity, who was the last one to be corrupted; she realized what was happening and tried to escape with Spike's help, but failed.
- Viktor Kraber, a borderline-psychotic officer in the Bundeswehr. It's pretty clear that losing his children to TCB!Pinkie Pie drove him over the edge.