WMG: Wander over Yonder
Wander is the evolved form of a Fraggle.Think about it, he's free-spirited, fun loving, always optimistic, and Craig McCracken himself has even stated that Wander could be described as a "nomadic, hippie, Muppet man." The living underground thing? Like previously said, he's probably evolved to be able to live above ground, as well as having his body shape drastically altered to adapt to the change.
There will be Hitchhiker's Guide references.It's in space and McCracken hasn't been able to go without one.
- Partially confirmed. Wander Over Yonder's first marathon was called "Wander's Guide to the Galaxy Week".
- Wander is searching for his towel.
Wander is an AU version of The DoctorHe lived in a really boring, orthodox society until one did he got fed up and stole a mount (or did she steal him?).
Wander's backstory will turn out to be incredibly depressingBecause, Disney.
- Buuut since it's Wander, he won't actually register this.
Wander is a Genius Ditz who wants to save the universe from Lord Hater.
- All of his niceness is a cover. After all, he kept on annoying Lord Hater until he wasted his wish on him in "The Picnic".
- Really, this one's all but canonically confirmed already, although with the caveat that it's heavily implied that despite this, his niceness is not at all a cover or act — though some of his other behavior seems to be.
Wander and Hater used to be best friends.Lord Hater and Wander used to be friends, albeit with the same problems they have in the modern day (Wander completely driving Hater up the wall). They went to school for a long time together, and when they finally graduated, Hater finally got to do his goal of universal dominion, while Wander finally got to travel the entire galaxy on his own. The first time they meet again is in "The Picnic". It will also be revealed that among their shenanigans, they wore wedding attire. Wander being Wander, he doesn't notice his friend is evil.
- The possibilities are made apparent in "The Buddies", particularly Hater having a dream (actually nightmare) about him and Wander singing about their friendship. Perhaps Hater has some sort of Freudian Excuse which will be revealed later on.
Trudi Traveler's (a new character who will probably be Wander's Distaff Counterpart) only purpose will be to mock shippersMuch like "The City of Clipsville" or "Berry Scary"
- That, or it will be the most glorious example of The Not-Love Interest in fiction, showing how two character with similar personalities can truly be friends without the romance. The mocking would be mostly meta, with the creators constantly throwing the usual signs and tropes of romance blooming but ultimately Wander and Trudi being only good friends as all the shippers stand there stewing in their own anger from the Word of God. It'll be like invoking Wander's relationship with Hater, except on purpose.
The universe in which Wander over Yonder takes in is known as Yonder
Lord Hater will get a Distaff CounterpartNamed Baroness Something
- Confirmed. Just didn't expect it to be Lord Dominator, did ya?
Wander's species of Alien are just like SeahorsesNotice how caring Wander was to the egg in "The Egg". This hints probably for his species, the males probably have the offspring and care for it.
Sylivia raised Wander from the time he was a babyShe seems so protective of him. Maybe she was his step-mother, found him as a baby and raised him. I hope we get to see Wander as a baby sometime in the series.
Lord Hater and Emperor Awesome are not the only galactic conquerors out there
- Confirmed. We see several ones in "The Fancy Party": Queen Entozoa herself, The Kremulons, the BLACK CUBE, and the invisible guy whose name never appears.
- Season 2 focuses even more on this, as Hater is trying to regain his status of number 1 villain while others move in on his territory.
Wander's species is uncommon/rare in the galaxy
Wander originally lived on planet EarthWhere he traveled the North American continent (like he did in the original sketchbook) Then he met Sylivia (while she was taking a vacation on Earth) and he decided to travel with her around the galaxy
- The first scene in the intro showed Wander walking in different Earthly settings, then when Sylvia picks him up, the backgrounds turn into alien-like settings, so probably confirmed or something.
The one time that Wander will become genuinely depressed it will be LITERALLY The End of the World as We Know It.If Lord Hater ever manages to succeed in actually hurting Wander's feelings, it would actually cause a ripple effect where the very fabric of reality begins to completely crumble into nothingness. The tone of the show will take a 180 as well, as this situation would not be played for laughs, or if it is than as Black as the Comedy as Disney would actually allow.
Wander's physical prowess is based on his emotional state.
- Which would explain how he's able to do stuff like out-armwrestle Lord Hater in "The Greatest," take on Captain Tim effortlessly in "The Pet," and jump-kick a missile in "The Good Deed" but couldn't escape the cell Peepers put him in in "The Prisoner"—the only times you see him doing incredible feats of strength and speed are when he's in a good mood.
Lord Hater and Dr. Doofenshmirtz would be best friends.
- And they may one day team up to conquer the world.
Wander is omniscient, but doesn't always focus hard enough to realize it.
- That's why his Idiot Houdini tendencies are so strong: sometimes he knew what was going to happen all along, but other times he might've been lost in thought, or just not focusing.
Wander is a relative to Bigfoot.
- Due to his hairy appearance, Wander looks like a relative to Bigfoot.
Lord Hater is dead.
- His head is nothing but a skeleton, and voice somehow resembles a zombie. I think he is dead.
Wander is gay.
- Somehow, he seems to be in love with Lord Hater, Wander appears to be a homosexual.
- Wander loves everybody. It's platonic.
Lord Hater is a metabeing of some kind.
- He can shoot lightning from his fingers, create forcefields, give a very scary leer, warp, and who knows what else? He's either a metabeing or a sorcerer.
Lord Hater is an imaginary friend.
- Think about it. He wears the same shoes as Wilt, and is voiced by the same person as Bloo.
Sob story about Wander having to give up Sylvia.
- Because it sounds like something Disney would do in at least one episode.
- "The Rider" does have Wander considering leaving Sylvia, so Confirmed.
The Watchdogs, including Peepers, are Artificial Lifeforms built by Lord Hater (or someone he knows).
Emperor Awesome likes Wander simply because he knows Lord Hater doesn't.
Wander is Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Pretty much canon already. There's a few notable times throughout the series (dating all the way back to "The Greatest", but most prominent in "The Prisoner") where his expressions and behavior clearly let on that he actually does know what he's doing underneath all the silliness — in "The Prisoner", he both very clearly deliberately starts the food fight, and reacts with obvious knowledge of just what he's got his hands on when Peepers tells him about the self-destruct remote, for starters. Then there's his moment of understanding at the statue in "The Greatest", his (literal and metaphorical) references to the weather changing in "The Little Guy", and arguably even how he manages to systematically build up a "tough guy" and criminal reputation in "The Bad Guy" — although he ends up taking that one too far.
Lord Hater will get a Villain Song.
This is the future of Foster's Home for Imaginary FriendsIn the future, Imaginary friends have taken over the world and went off to space, because it's Craig Mc Cracken. Many designs look like something out of FHFIF, but with outlines!
- Maybe humanity went extinct, but Imaginary friends survived.
- Or the earth became too overpopulated for imaginary friends to live, so they were sent to space and made their own civilizations on various planets.
Lord Hater will try and conquer Baaaaa-halla.With help from The Troll
Sylvia used to be a space criminalShe has a violent nature, seemed to know Doomstone was supposedly a place for bad guys, and knew how to blend in with the bad guys, need I say more?
- Her old rider Ryder was very morally sketchy
Wander and Sylvia are high on drugsAnd possibly other characters. Also, Lord Hater is the cranky asshole who wants Wander's drugs. Westley the Watchdog is some guy on LH's side who Wander and Sylvia gave drugs. Every planet Wander and Sylvia go to are pot sessions. Emperor Awesome is the local steroid using homosexual. The world is the result of combining weed, crack, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, meth, and LSD into one superdrug called Yonder which Wander and Sylvia smoke.
The Wander we see in the show is the memory of the Wander in the original sketchbook.Like Ed, Edd n Eddy; Wander is actually old and what we see in the show is a collection of memories from his early traveling days.
The Baaaaa-hallans actually have it in their credo to never harm the innocent.And if any of them breaks that credo, he is severely punished.
Peepers hides some tendencies of The Starscream."You ask me, I should be the one in charge." Not said to Hater's face, of course.
Peepers drinks ridiculous amounts of coffee.Hinted by his erratic, changing-in-an-instant animations, speed and volume of his speech, and overall high-strung...ness.
- But then again, Peepers is voiced by Tom Kenny, who also voiced Dr. Two Brains ()...
Westley will return next season.Wander and Sylvia will come across him again in their travels and he tags along with them for an episode before they part ways once again.
Starting with Westley, an organization for peacemaking travelers will be formed.Over the course of the series, more characters will come to embrace the ways of Wander and Sylvia and be inspired to journey through space while also spreading kindness and love. As this unofficial organization continues to expand and threaten his conquest, Lord Hater will be all the more determined to capture Wander (along with any of his other associates).
Most zbornak riders choose male zbornaks.A female zbornak that serves as a mount (like Sylvia) is a rarity.
Lord Hater was genuinely in mourning over Westley.In the credits he claimed to not know who Westley is even though he said his name during the eulogy and had a statue made in his memory.
Buster is Galactus' puppy dog.Tell me you don't see the similarities.
- Well, since Marvel and WOY is owned by the Disney company.....
Some places in the galaxy sell zbornak meat.Inspired by the simple fact that some places on Earth sell horse meat and it has been stated that zbornaks are horselike.
No matter what their personality type, freedom is an actual physical need for Wander’s species, on par with food and sleep.
Brad and Demurra did date when they were younger.But after a few months or so, Demurra decided it wasn't working out, that Brad wasn't her Mr. Right, so she broke up with him. Drakor entered the picture not long afterwards. Demurra grew up and moved on; Brad didn't.
People have actually died in the GALACTIC CONJUNCTION 6000.
Wander is a descendant of Dexter and Dee-Dee's family. He has Dexter's red hair and curiosity, but he has Dee-Dee's super-ultra-hyper-friendly personality.
Baaaaa-halla is a principality.As in, the highest authority isn't a king or queen, but a prince or princess. After all, no one was ruling over Prince Cashmere.
Stok has a real disability and is dependent on Harvax to look after him.He can only talk in little quips, and the reason Harvax pulls him around is because he is unable to walk.
It's possible that Wander is a clone of Pinkie Pie.He never goes a single episode without smiling, he enjoys throwing parties to an extent (it was only featured in one episode; however, there could be more), he has nearly-boundless energy (aside from sleeping), need I say more?
Season 2 guesses.
- Hater was have a jealous hissy fit over Dr. Screwball Jones being Wander's nemesis and not him.
- Sir Brad Starlight will gain a Second Love.
- The season will be a Cerebus Roller Coaster with Lord Dominator as a Knight of Cerebus and Screwball Jones as Laughably Evil
The show was originally going to be a Banjo-Kazooie cartoon.The similarities between the protagonists of each respective series are frightening.
- Wander and Banjo play banjos.
- Wander and Banjo are both dumb but want to help people.
- Sylvia and Kazooie are both rude with a soft side but can fight (and like it)
- Sylvia and Kazooie do most of the fighting.
- Sylvia and Kazooie carry their partners around.
- Wander and Banjo carry things in their hat/back pack.
- Wander and Banjo are both hairy.
- Wander and Banjo are both boys and Sylvia and Kazooie are both girls.
- Even the antagonists have something in common. Gruntilda (from Banjo-Tooie onwards) is a skeleton like Lord Hater.
The thugs from "The Buddies" knew Hater was faking all alongThroughout the episode, they growl at Hater each time he tried to abandon Wander. It is possible they knew Hater was only pretending to be Wander's friend, and did this to exact revenge on him for throwing them into the prison planet.
The Insurgents fear Hater because he conquered/destroyed each of their home planets.This would be a good reason to fear someone. Either that, or they really are just wimps.
Lord Dominator is Lord Hater's daughter or niece.She got sick of all the attention her dad/uncle got becoming the Greatest in all the galaxy, so when she heard about Wander and how he's been chasing him around the planets, she decided to take advantage of it and donned the Dominator persona just to stick it to him. And I know what you're gonna say about Lord Hater being a skeleton...-ish guy and Dominator being... not a skeleton...-ish guy, but c'mon. How amusing would that be to know that Lord Hater has a relative who disguises herself as a lava-based brute and takes joy in whatever hellious evil she causes and the reactions of those that witnessed it? Not to mention that interspecies couples exist in this show, so the prospect of these two being in the same family tree isn't all that impossible.
- Or, alternately, his kid sister. She's deliberately ripping off his signature look. She wants to prove that she's better than he is. She declares that she was having "fun". She wears the same sneakers. And she refers to Hater, Peepers, Wander, and Sylvia as "a bunch of dorks", something many an older brother has heard from his kid sister about his group of friends.
Wander and Sylvia will visit Equestria.Unlikely to happen due to legal issues and Lauren Faust no longer working on FIM, but you never know. Of course, it's possible they'll visit a planet that resembles Equestria, with similar characters to in FIM, as a shout-out to Lauren's previous show.
The series finale will have Wander and Sylvia visiting the strangest planet in the entire galaxy.That strange planet being none other than Earth. Bonus points if...
- Reality Ensues when the government freaks out about these two space aliens, and traps Wander and Sylvia in Area 51.
- They befriend either a teenage boy who resembles an older version of Mac, or three teenage girls who resemble older versions of The Powerpuff Girls.
We'll meet Sylvia's parents.And Sylvia's father, as a clever and subtle Actor Allusion, will be very hyperactive and bouncy...just like a certain character April Winchell's father voiced.
- Bonus points if he's voiced by Jim Cummings using his Tigger voice.
The Mooplexians are human descendants.In true Nemo Ramjet fashion, these guys are ridiculously weird but weirdly more human than the other alien species. Also, just like every theoretical human descendant, they are physically incapable but extremely powerful psychically. Seriously, look at them and tell me they don't have anything human.
Lord Hater will develop feelings for Wander.The resulting guilt will result in him singing a epic but silly parody song called "Heckfire".
- Before anyone says "They can't have homosexuality on a kid's show!", please remember that society is slowly changing. After all, we got a lesbian couple in ''The Legend of Korra".
Wander will defeat Screwball Jones by telling a sad story or singing a sad song.Screwball seems to work on the power of funny, from what we've seen from the preview clip. Maybe sad stuff will cause him to lose his powers and turn gray.
Wander knows who Lord Dominator is.Well, he may not know who she is in character, but he recognizes her face. He had met her grandparents/relatives, and being the immensely friendly, helpful sort he is, was also great friends with them and is knowledgeable to a lot of her embarrassing details. He will see her unmasked, and once that happens, he will refuse to call her anything but her real name (which will, also be rather embarrassing to her) and share embarrassing photos of her. Causing Lord Dominator to actually break character to stop/destroy wander.
Sylvia met Lord Dominator in her past.Judged by her reaction upon seeing her, granted this is far from the first time that she realized danger at the first sight but unlike other times where she would give a rant to Wander to try and persuade him to get away from it, this time she is too petrified to do anything but whisper nooooooooooo also is possible that Dominator was the one that captured her captive relatives from the trailer
Wander and Sylvia never left the void.The rest of the series is just them imagining a copy of the universe in that void, since it can create anything you imagine.
- But the void only creates things you WANT to happen. Why would it create stuff like Lord Dominator?
- Maybe the episode takes place AFTER all that.
Lord Dominator will get a Villain SongOne of the episodes in the the Lord Dominator arc has been confirmed to be a Musical Episode. Need I say more?