Let's get awesome~
- Wander completely dominating Lord Hater in a "Greatest in the Galaxy" contest in "The Greatest".
- And later, as Hater gets into a laser-firing fit in his ship after losing said contest, Wander and Sylvia make him crash his ship into his own statue by challenging him to a race for the title.
- "The Picnic" has Lord Hater fling a dinosaur into outer space (whereupon it explodes). He then he punches Emperor Awesome with one of his own minions, hitting him so hard Awesome flies clean through the planet they were fighting on.
- In "The Fugitives," Wander reunites a mother with her baby, saves a balloon man's life by picking up a tack, and prevents a war by dividing food equally between two ant armies... all in one day. And all that good karma gets paid in full when all the people Wander helped throughout the episode (including the garbage barge captain whom Wander helped tie his shoes) help Wander and Sylvia escape the planet.
- Wander deflecting a missile aimed for a sun by jumping on it.
- "Sylvia, six fingers!"
- A subtle one at the end of "The Good Deed." After Lord Hater's ship gets blown up, he feebly asks Wander and Sylvia for help. The two walk backwards, even rewinding the song they're singing (just like at the beginning of the episode), stop next to Hater... and both calmly tell him "No." At first, this doesn't seem like much, but consider how in "The Fugitives," Wander nearly had a nervous breakdown when he was told not to help people. Now, just an episode later, he's able to calmly and definitively refuse to help someone who asks for it. Definitely a noticeable contrast.
- "The Prisoner" has Wander casually evading everything Peepers throws at him, showing off a Bugs Bunny level of craftiness and skill.
- Once the self-destruct is activated on his ship, Lord Hater casually stands about while Peepers goes into a panicking frenzy, and then only after Peepers admits that Wander outwitted him does Lord Hater rather casually give the passcode to halt the self-destruct sequence. He's certainly competent and imposing when he needs to be.
- Wander pulls some impressive stunts as "Wild Wooly Wander" in "The Bad Guy", stealing a ride from a band of outlaw bikers and escaping by using the exhaust from his bike to set off a truckload of explosives and fireworks. Then he uses his newly-acquired reputation to intimidate Papa Doom, the toughest crime boss on the planet, into giving him and Sylvia some orbal juice (on top of tricking him into taking a sack of rocks as payment).
- In "The Troll", after the eponymous creature easily curb-stomps the Baaaaa-halla warriors to get his food sack, he approaches Wander who's resting in the same room (and oddly not helping like he usually does). The troll then starts throwing insults about Wander's appearance. What does Wander do? He simply ignores him, prompting Sylvia and the warriors to do the same, thus rendering the troll tiny and powerless.
- From "The Box" we have Sylvia forcing the Lords of Illumination to put something in said box, due to it driving Wander up a wall all episode.
Sylvia: This whole thing was a set-up! There's nothing IN the box, is there?Lord of Illumination: Yes, YES! You get it! Could you please help me explain to him?(Wander continues to guess what's in the box)Sylvia: LISTEN, YOU COSMIC CREEP!!!!! MY FRIEND HERE DOESN'T WANT YOUR "Greatest consciousness" HULLABALOO!!!! WHAT HE WANTS IS TO SEE SOMETHING IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!! So, PUT. SOMETHING. IN. THE. BOX.
- And her Screw This, I'm Outta Here! attitude once the Lords of Illumination make a "WE were the ones who needed learning speech" right after all the conflict is finally resolved.
- In "The Ball", they tried and failed to successfully preventing Buster, the Giant Space Dog to destroy/chew their planet, But Wander has an incredible and crazy idea by thinking instead to flee is to be fleas by living on Buster.
- "The Bounty" has a few for Commander Peepers:
- Getting the robot bounty hunter to teleport itself back to Lord Hater's ship.
- His awesome defeat of the potted plant.
- "The Hero" had quite a few, with Wander and Sylvia easily getting through the hedgemaze set up for Brad Starlight, and Princess Demurra beating up Starlight when he tries to kidnap her. "Guys it's fine, I took care of it myself. Like I said, this isn't a fairy tale."
- Sylvia using sleeping Wander to beat up all the baddies in Hater's ship in "The Day".
- All of the Dance Battle between Emperor Awesome and Wander during "The Party Animal". Not only does it look colorful and fluid, it's also extremely energetic and entertaining to watch.
- While we don't see it, Wander beating Lord Hater and his army with a banjo at the end of "The Brainstorm" was pretty awesome, along with he and Sylvia making the same pose from the page image while standing atop a pile of defeated Watchdogs.
- In "The Fancy Party", Peepers has convinced Lord Hater that to win the Queen's favor, he needs to act the part of a polite gentlemen. Hater's attempts to woo her are hampered by Wander, until he becomes desperate and the Queen throws him out of the party in disgust. Before she can hand over her empire to Wander, Hater blasts his way through the hall door, tossing aside her guards. It shows that in a slightly more serious show, Hater would be a pretty cool villain.
Hater: Forget polite and proper. Forget witty and charming. I am NOT the ultimate gentleman! *Hater blasts Wander off his feet* I am LORD HATER! THE ULTIMATE EVIL! When I want something, I take it! And I want your power, NOW!!!
- The Black Cube of Darkness. Just The Black Cube of Darkness in general.
- Foster fans who remained irritated by Bendy's houdininess can enjoy the fact that his expy Stok gets his just desserts.
- Equal parts Awesome, Funny, and Heartwarming, Wander has been taken in by the ploys of Li'l Bits, who has also Sylvia in leg irons. Li'l Bits tells Sylvia that Wander is going with her, and she knows Sylvia won't leave Wander's side. Sylvia agrees that wherever Wander goes, she goes. Li'l Bits releases her chain, and Sylvia joins them on the teleporter pad. And then...
Sylvia: And we're not going anywhere! (Decks Wander off of the pad and joins him.)
- "The Greater Hater" is full of these.
Sylvia: (free of restraints, winding up for a punch) WELCOME TO THE GALAXY!
- After discovering that Dominator has managed to hurt Wander Hater snaps, grabs the robot that terrorized him and Peepers during most of the episode and slams it into Dominator.
- Peepers chewing out Lord Hater for his Wander obsession and his Never My Fault tendencies
- Peepers sabotaging Lord Dominator's Weapon Factory.
- The mere fact that Hater and Peepers are the only reason why Wander and Sylvia managed to survive.
- Not to forget Lord Dominator herself! Without even looking, she delivers a Curb-Stomp Battle to Wander and the others, shrugs off their hits without a scratch (including being crushed under her own giant robot), doesn't show much of a reaction to Peeper's destroying her factory, and then she leaves them all very terrified, flying off and gushing about how much fun it was to torment them.
- Despite the fact that it ends up in failure, Sylvia's speech to Dominator was pretty Badass.
- Wander absolutely refuses to let his resolve waver, even after he's been beaten mentally and physically. The way he mostly keeps his composure during his whole rant to Dominator is absolutely astounding.
- Dr. Screwball Jones beating up Wander with little to no effort while singing.
- Bonus points in that not even Lord Dominator has come this close to kill him
- Wander drawing his banjo to combat Screwball's accordion, culminating into a musical beam-of-war battle between the two.
- Wander, despite receiving that beating, taking advantage of Screwball's Evil Gloating to formulate a plan to defeat him.
- Did we mention that Dr. Screwball Jones is played by Weird Al?
- Sylvia exploiting the personality traits the fragments of Wander embody in order to round them up.
- Peepers effortlessly turning the battle with the Evil Sandwich around in "The Axe", while also conquering all of Sourdough's planets during the battle.
What you do best sir!
- He also single-handedly punches Sourdough's missile out of the side of Hater's Skullship.
- Once Peepers starts turning the tide, an excited Lord Hater asks what he can do to help. Peepers tells him:
- Hater proceeds into the bridge of Sourdough's command ship, zapping the guy with a wonderful "Evil sandwich, you're toast!" pun and, just to add insult to injury, puts a little flag in him.
- In "The Battle Royale", Wander takes advantage of Hater's hatred of him to bait Hater into taking out the other villains and fighting his way to the top.
No. 1 Lord Dominator
- Lord Hater actually manages to fight Lord Dominator to a standstill, even coming back from a Disney Death to keep fighting. He only loses because he sees Dominator's real face and figure and becomes infatuated with her.
- Remember all those times Sylvia effortlessly beats up Peepers? Not this time. This time he tears off his shirt, gets bulky, and manages to fight her to a standstill.
- Lord Dominator's entrance. She slams into the ground with a Megaton Punch so powerful that it creates a vacuum before erupting and defeating every other villain (sans Hater, who was fueled by The Power of Hate) in that moment, and only because Wander mentioned her name.
- The entire episode is pretty much Wander Over Yonder's version of "Exit 9B" from Regular Show. Lasers, explosions and every villain clearly giving their all is a sure-fire way to grab the audiences attention before the episode's title even shows up!
- The Galactic Villain Leaderboard after this episode really establishes who is truly No. 1 and THE villain to beat:
That is all.
- Sylvia calling out the angry mob for the horrible way they've been treating the Black Cube in "The Black Cube". Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.
- The ending of "The Secret Planet" reveals that Wander has become something of a legendary hero in the galaxy.
- Sylvia turned what was supposed to be a small shelter into a secret clubhouse/sanctuary for refugees from Dominator's attacks.
- In "The Bad Hatter", it is revealed that Wander stole his hat from a galaxy in the middle of a civil war because its owners got too greedy and abused it for its magic. This pretty much makes Wander a certified badass.
- Wander playing the electric guitar. Full fucking stop.
- The sheer fact that they got Jon Hamm, Eddie Deezen and Frank Welker to star in "The Cartoon".
- "My Fair Hatey", a 22-minute musical episode chock-full of Awesome Music.
- Wander's EPIC saxophone solo.
- Notably, the Triumphant Reprise of "You're the Greatest", where Wander, Sylvia, Hater and Peepers all declare that they're going to save the galaxy from Dominator's evil once and for all.
- Towards the end of the episode, Hater completely gives up when Lord Dominator unveils her new ice powers. Until Peepers reminds him exactly who The Greatest in the Galaxy is, whereupon he snaps back to his old self and is now dead-set on saving the galaxy (so he can conquer it later). Which means this time, the gloves are off! No more love-obsessed Hater. From now on, he's going to spend all his time going after and taking down Dominator.
- Peepers and Sylvia succeeding in freezing Dominator's energy core with the Frostonium. It is deeply satisfying to see Dominator panic as everything around her slowly becomes encased in ice; including herself! Sure, it only makes things worse and gives her ice powers, which is an awesome moment in an of itself for Dominator, but still.
- Which in turn makes it a awesome moment for the main 4, who realize her new powers, but are now even MORE persistent in stopping her from taking over the galaxy. That is the basic definition of a true hero.
- "That's How We'll Get Her" serves as some fabulous payoff to the Enemy Mine relationship between Sylvia and Peepers that was established in "The Battle Royale" and "The Show Stopper." Realizing that their "idiots" are heading off to ask Dominator out, the two ruthlessly take advantage of the distraction in order to eliminate her, using their full combinant Brains and Brawn capacity to clobber her army and disable her ship's core.
- Also, props to Nöel Wells for an absolutely wonderful "I Am" Song in the form of "I'm The Bad Guy". Never has being absolutely, irredeemably, soul-crushingly evil sounded like so much fun.
- ALSO also, super big ups to Keith Ferguson for his stunning performance on "You're The Greatest", especially considering the fact that he kept the character voice consistent throughout the entire thing. Singing is hard, singing well even moreso, but singing well while having to keep up with a voice that sounds like you're gargling gravel is a hell of an accomplishment.
- Not to mention, Keith apparently nailed the entire song in just TWO TAKES.
- Wander distracting Dominator's bots while Sylvia Orbbles Melodie and the kids to safety in "The Legend". Subsequently, Sylvia running in and saving Wander from one of the bots at the last minute, complete with the two of them riding off into the sunset.
- From "The Bad Neighbors", Peepers' party preparation montage is the DEFINITION of Mundane Made Awesome.
- "The Waste of Time" reveals that Wander wasn't just goofing off when he stopped Lord Hater in the episode "The Picnic". He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. In fact, he had done the exact same thing for Major Threat.
- From the same episode, Bounty Hunter!Sylvia beating the ever loving crap out of KL-BOT 85.
- Sylvia taking down an actual Dom-Bot in "The Hot Shot" by crashing a hover-speeder through it. In "The Greater Hater" she couldn't even handle the smaller bots on Dominator's ship, let alone the big ones.
- Hater blasting Ripov when she attempts to exterminate Captain Tim.
"Get away from my special little guy..."
- Captain Tim defeating the other males and seducing the Arachnomorph Queen before tying her up and freeing his friends.
- Lord Hater in his entirety in "The End of the Galaxy", For most of the second season, he has been quite incompetent because he has lost is credibility as a villain from chasing Wander around, only showing true intellect through The Power of Hate. All of that is blown away in the finale, where he is not only as badass as he once was, but MORE BADASS THAN HE HAS EVER BEEN. Even Peepers is stunned by this development.
Hater: "Dominator may have destroyed every other planet in the galaxy, but as long as there is hate in my bones SHE WILL NEVER GET THIS ONE! This is where we make our stand! And let her know that she FAILS! Because this planet, NAY! THIS GALAXY! BELONGS TO THE DUKE OF DESTRUCTION, THE MONARCH OF MAYHEM, THE GREATEST IN THE GALAXY! LORD HATER!!!
- First, he reveals his incredible knowledge on thermodynamics and gravity wells and uses it to discover the secret planet. He then rallies the Watchdogs in an absolutely EPIC speech
Dominator: "How is he doing this?!? He's a terrible bad guy!"Wander: "But he makes a pretty good good guy!"
- Before that he starts barking orders on the bridge of the Skullship, he switches gears when he sees Captain Tim attacking Watchdog and tells him to "Heel! Sit!." And Tim listens without an resistance
- He turns the Skullship into THE SKULLCRUSHER. An epic battlestation with more weapons than you could count... which gets one-shotted by Dominator. Sorry Hatey, you got curbstomped, right? WRONG!
- Dominator is just about to gore Sylvia with her ship's drill in front of Wander when... WHO IS THE UNIVERSE'S AWESOMEST EVIL DOER?!? Hater shows up and casts an electric forcefield around ''the entire Secret Planet'', blocking the drill! He even damages Dominator's ship in the process! It is INCREDIBLY satisfying to see Dominator squirm. It also helps that this moment is accompanied by the most EPIC rendition of Hater's theme in the entire series!
- Dominator then tries to break him through a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, which hurts his feelings and causes him to weaken... until Sylvia crushes the bot projecting Dominator's hologram. In what doubles as a Heartwarming Moment, Sylvia starts chanting "Hate's great, best villain!" and the rebels join along! Hater's self confidence is restored, and he expands the forcefield with such raw power that he blasts the drill right through her ship AND DESTROYS IT, HER SUIT, AND HER ROBOT ARMY! HOLY FUCKING SHIT. He is hailed as a hero by the other characters and it seems like he might be turning to the good side... but he immediately goes back to trying to conquer the secret planet while chasing Wander around for his flag.
- But enough about Hater! EVERYONE got an epic moment in the season finale!
- Commander Peepers showing up for a Big Damn Heroes moment and joining Sylvia in the fight against Dominator's bots. As per usual, seeing the two of them work together is GLORIOUS.
- The other rebels also deserve credit for actually putting up a fight against the Dom-bots
- And last but not least, Wander gets one for actually managing to get under Dominator's skin by pointing out her loneliness, as well as saving Dominator from her exploding ship!
- Plus, even after she attempted to kill him and his best friend, Wander STILL wholeheartedly offers Dominator his friendship, without a hint of insincerity. Given all she's done, you'd expect him to resent her, but he holds no ill will against her. It just goes to show how strong Wander's hope is. And this only gets more awesome when you realize that by doing so, Wander has effectively no-selled ALL of Dominator's attempts to crush his spirit. Though he probably didn't know it, forgiving her was probably the biggest slap-in-the-face he could have possibly given her.
- And the season ends on one of the most epic credits animatics yet... Dominator is fiddling with Wander's "friendship orange" somewhere in space. Then the camera pans down revealing a crashed and abandoned space pod with what appears to be an AMERICAN FLAG on the side. Green lightning crackles from within the pod and Hater's laughter can be heard accompanied by screeching monkey noises. Looks like that fan theory isn't so far fetched after all...
- Meta-Example, the #SaveWOY movement and all the dedication behind it. The fans heard the show wouldn't be getting a third season, but would they let the show go quietly into the night? NO! They work as hard as they can, sending e-mails and physical letters alike, signing petitions, making fanart, buying what little merch is available, all to make one thing clear. "Disney, we want a third season!" Even as months have passed since the Season 2 Finale, and even when Wander has disappeared from Reruns, they're still going as strong as ever.
- Their main petition has garnered over 37,000 signatures.
- The custodial staff of Disneyland can now make official Water Art of Wander. Which is a big deal.
- There is support from within the studio, as noted on the Heartwarming page, with the show staff giving the founder of #SaveWOY an autographed present.
- And apparently Disney Worldwide Services has found the linked-above Tumblr post about the present through the aforementioned Heartwarming page.