This is a list of Wild Mass Guesses which are still possibly true. Just for Fun and silly guesses go on the silly page. If a WMG is Jossed, please move it to the jossed page, if it is Confirmed, please move it to the confirmed page.Please add new entries to the bottom of the page.
Pedro will get his stolen years backSpecifically, Big Mom will actually be briefly knocked unconscious when the "Tamatebako box" (or whatever it's called) from Fishman Island explodes in her face and everything she's affected with her soul powers will deactivate; all of the stolen soul fragments in the Homies and in Big Mom herself will return to their rightful owners (or just disappear if their owner is dead, like Zepo or Moscato), meaning Pedro gets his life back.
- This has become more unlikely (but not impossible), as the box has fallen off the cliff where the wedding takes place.
- This has now become even more unlikely (and probably impossible) because Pedro would appear to be dead. At least for now.
Jewelry Bonney's true identiyJewelry Bonney is a supernova who has a hate for the Straw Hats and Blackbeard. She was captured by the latter and was face to face with Akainu. After the timeskip, she was realesed for unknowns reasons. We have noted that she shares similarities with the Yonko Big Mom like Glutonny, hot-blooded, a hate with the Straw Hats, pink haired...After all, she has a cake ship and Big Mom has many children who carry names of sweet food (indeed, Bonney may be allused to Honney Bonbon).We are concluded that this girl is the daughter of Big Mom.But if I say you that with her strange power of age changement,she may be not the daughter but the mother of Big Mom and also of Nami. Indeed, these two girls have a common point:she has a power linked with the weather, they are hot blooded and greedy. What’s more, nami has found in a twon with a tempest (like a power of Big Mom). Bonney may be a factor in Big Mom’s behavior (again unknown) but Nami may be a linked with her unknown father (Whitebeard has highlighted Bonney's sad reaction to his death).
Almost all of the Straw Hats and allies on Whole Cake Island will get massive bounty increases.Once word gets out that Luffy and co. defeated several of Big Mom's underlings and made a copy of her Road Poneglyph, their bounties are gonna skyrocket. Luffy might actually be worth close to a billion, and Carrot will also get her first bounty. The only one who may not get an increase is Chopper, because as you know, the World Government may not recognize him. Sanji's bounty also rises higher than Zoro's for the first time and he gets to celebrate that.
- Possible, but I doubt the Wano side of the Straw Hats will get a "massive" bounty upgrade since they weren't involved with the events on Whole Cake Island. The only other Straw Hat I do expect to get a massive bounty upgrade is Robin, for her ability to read poneglyphs; now that the Straw Hats have Big Mom's poneglyphs, the Marines might just shit their pants at the thought of Robin deciphering them.
- That's why I said "the Straw Hats on Whole Cake Island will get bounty increases, not anybody else.
- Now very likely; Luffy wants to fight and defeat Katakuri at full strength, so that he (Luffy) becomes stronger and develops his Haki, so unless their fight is somehow interrupted, the possibility that Luffy's bounty will double and reach a billion is quite likely. I also suspect Brook's will get the second biggest increase, since he was behind the actual copying of the Poneglyphs.
The true reasons of sanji's sibling behavior.We have sawn that the sanji's brothers are true douchbag motherfucker and that sanji and reiju inherited the kindess of Sora.This is because their mother used a drug which altered their gene pool but which has succeded with sanji and reiju only.But there's mismatch because Niji,Yonji and Ichiji has been programmed to be mean but they feel digust against the library of Big Mom and are falled in love with nami (who looks like to sanji's mother).What's more, this woman called Sora (like propaganda comic) and even if she was a great genius like Vegapunk she would have been unable to create this drug without his husband learn about.So,maybe like pudding, she isn't the sweet and adorable mother that Oda shows her.Thus , she maybe an agent of Cp O who had for missions to kil Judge but also his true son.Unfortunately,she had taken by her husband and Judge punished her by his experiments.What's more, in using this drug and maybe psychick power, she is reincarnated in reiju body and has digust against Niji Ichiji and Yonji because this drug hasn't functionnde and brothers became mean and sour
Sanji will fight Niji over NamiThere's a WMG around here saying that he'll fight Yonji over Nami... but I think he'll actually end up fighting Niji instead. Even if Sanji now doesn't want to let his brothers die, Niji will more than likely- really more than likely- try to get all... touchy-feely with Nami and Sanji won't stand for it.
Sanji's mother was a descendant of the legendary SoraIn the One Piece world, it'd be too much of a coincidence for a character to share the name of a (presumed) fictional character that was discussed earlier. In truth, the ancestors of Judge and Sora fought each other for some time, but due to mutual respect, common interest in science, and possibily the original Sora discovering something about the past of Germa (like why they're a reign without a land) that put them in a more sympathethic light, ended up becoming friends. The friendship was passed on to following generations, finally leading to the two families becoming one.
Judge and his other sons will be too proud to allow themselves to be saved by Sanji.When they find out the truth about Big Mom's plans, they'll still refuse help from a "dud" like Sanji, leading to a fight between some of them and the Straw Hats. Alternatively, Reiju may or may not calm some of her brothers down enough for them to make a temporary Enemy Mine situation, but I heavily doubt that'll work with Judge.
- Jossed: When Sanji frees them from Perospero's candy, the entire Vinsmoke family immediately comes to the aid of the Straw Hat Pirates and their allies. The sons may be irredeemable jerkwads, but they will swallow their pride and work with those they disagree with to defeat an immediate threat to their lives.
We will meet an character that was given eternal youth by a previous user of the op-op fruit.How else would people know that it was capable of that? And naturally, that person could definitely still be around today. They might even know about the void century.
Big Mom is the weakest of the four emperorsNot sure if I actually believe this but just throwing it out there. I can see the idea of after her defeat, Linlin taunting Luffy that she's nothing compared to Kaido, Blackbeard, and Shanks. And considering how the Strawhats spent the first half of the arc played for complete and utter fools,and her DF being one of the strongest paramecias seen, that's terrifying.
- After learning more about her, I'm not so sure. Big Mom's invulnerability seems to be right up there with Kaido's (as long as her Weaksauce Weakness isn't triggered at least). It seems more likely that Blackbeard or Shanks is the weakest, but even then there's no way to tell just yet.
- You're probably right, like I said I wasn't completely convinced when I suggested it, I was just thinking it was possible because she is the first of the yonko, Luffy is facing and I couldn't help but think, Oda is just going to make it harder from here on out.
Judge does NOT have swirly eyebrowsThat's why Oda keeps his eyebrows shadowed- the swirly brows probably aren't genetic, but a result of the modifications he made to his kids. Sanji's brows pointing in the opposite direction of the others is also a sign of the drug Sora took reversing most of it's effects in utero. I think Reiju was modified after birth so I don't know how she fits in this theory, but we'll see.
- Makes even more sense if you consider where else we usually see similar swirly pattern: on Devil Fruits. Remember, Judge and Vegapunk (person who actually found out what Devil Fruits are) researched Lineage Factor together. If you think about it, modified humans and Devil Fruit users aren't that much different: in both cases their powers come from altering their Lineage Factor. And now Oda's joke on SBS that Oda himself "wonder if Sanji himself is a Devil Fruit" sounds too much like foreshadowing.
Mama Caramel's identityMama Caramel was Big Mom's first created homie and mother figure, her leaving is why Lin Lin doesn't want anyone else to leave her totland or else they will die trying.
- Expanding on this theory, Mama Caramel contains a massive chunk of Big Mom's soul, including almost all of her capacity for love and compassion. When Mama Caramel left Big Mom, she took her part of her soul with and rendered Big Mom almost entirely incapable of empathy.
- Jossed, Carmel wasn't a homie.
Pudding will be the one ruining the wedding plan.On the sole courtesy of not being able to stand Sanji's more perverted traits while on the altar, finding the mere thought intolerable and become incapable of saying the words of acceptance when asked, ending up with her saying "No" and her trying to shoot him ahead of schedule as a result while the rest of the guests sits stunned over her refusal, resulting in a massive train-wreck when the disaster dominoes starts falling over afterwards...
- She does ruin the wedding plan but not like that When she lifts the veil to show him her third eye, he touches her like he did Violet by sincerely calling it beautiful. Turns out she was roundly mocked for it, even Big Mom found it creepy and couldn't bear to look at her. She developed her cruel and twisted personality as a defense mechanism. Hearing someone compliment it causes her to breakdown in tears and miss the deadline prompting Big Mom to order the priest to do it, Katakuri sees Sanji will dodge it, so does it himself. Sanji dodges that, that's when Luffy makes his grand entrance.
- Yeah, even though the details are off, this is basically Confirmed. She messes up pretty badly.
Judge and Linlin will kill one another.One will die first, and the other will die of injuries sustained in the fight.
- I doubt it, Oda doesn't usually do deaths in the present with the exceptions of the paramount war that killed Ace and Whitebeard and the Punk Hazard event that killed Monet and Vergo.
- Looking doubtful. Big Mom just one-shotted Judge in their first confrontation without getting a scratch.
One of Big Mom's sons is alive...And he could throw the wedding in the sky because of a revelation (like all sons and daughters of Big Mom are a piece of soul of this last).This son maybe Muscat,the 10th son who is dead in first chapters of this arc.
Pudding will end up following Sanji's footsteps and cut her familial ties.Thanks to Sanji being the first person in her life to call her Third Eye beautiful, she will end up falling in love with him for real, and will somehow escape Totto Land for her own good. Given the bad memories of her childhood, and Big Mom's general treatment of her children (for Pudding herself, she refused to look at her until she grew Blinding Bangs, and she wanted to exploit her ability to read Poneglyphs as soon as it develops), she will regret how she turned out and set out to redefine herself as an act of redemption. She could even use her own memory-manipulation powers on herself (if it works to that extent) to make it easier to move on from her horrible family. As for her life outside of Totto Land, she could join the Baratie's Sister Anko ship to continue her career as a chocolatier.
Big Mom will turn out to have a truly tragic backstory though it won't eclipse her evil of courseOda doesn't do anything without reason, he introduces to a picture of Mother Caramel, an important figure in Big Mom's life who she refuses to talk about, even to her children. There's a story there. Not to mention Chiffon implies that Big Mom's troubles with giants started long before the Lola incident. Then there are the parallels to Doflamingo, both being a Psychopathic Man Child professing the idea of "family" provided they don't get in the way of their own plans.
- Confirmed, sort of. Her backstory wasn't tragic in the traditional sense, as she didn't really have anybody do anything horrible to her... Instead, it's tragic because she was an otherwise innocent little girl who was just a natural born killer with a deadly eating disorder (as in deadly for others, not herself) and was basically doomed from the start.
Pudding will be blacklisted from the Charlotte Family like LolaPudding is going to be the next Charlotte Family outcast. Considering how much Big Mom hates Lola for messing up her plans, it's not hard to see her doing the same to Pudding now. Of course, her being a three-eye and Big Mom's key to Raftel still makes her valuable, but Big Mom's proven before that her rage can easily overshadow her reason.
Reiju's poison sucking ability will be a Chekhov's Skill.Capone Bege's assassination plan involves Caesar Clown shooting Big Mom with poison. That kind of scene demands Reiju to get involved, if you ask me.
Capone Bege's plan will be derailed in the most surprising and delightful waysThe moment I read what he's going to do, I thought that's unlikely to happen, whenever Luffy is involved in a plan he will find a way to screw it up, even when it's unintentional. Oda generally doesn't do deaths in the present with a couple exceptions. And finally Big Mom is a literal and figurative human juggernaut, killing a yonko is nigh-impossible (look at how much punishment Whitebeard took before he finally stopped moving). Just doesn't seem likely.
- Hm, well, so far, everything's going according to plan. We'll see soon enough though.
- Well, it was indeed derailed. I'm not sure if you would call it surprising though.... I think just about everybody figured Big Mom herself would stop the missiles in one way or another. Delightful though, I agree. The looks on their faces when she blew the missiles up were pretty hilarious.
Pudding will use her Memory powers on Big MomCome on, her power is like tailor-made for this kind of scenario. And by doing so, unravel the truth behind Mother Caramel for all present to see. Whatever this truth is, it will be something so shocking that it will turn the vast majority, if not all, of Big Mom's children against her in disgust, effectively turning it into a Hoist by Their Own Petard to her for having them in the first place. Also, additionaly, whatever this truth is, will also cost her her place as a Yonko as well, as if all her children abandons her, she will lose all of the crews she married them off into as well, effectively reducing her war potential down to zero. (And with Big News right there in the room, whatever happens in the cermony hall will go global, no matter what happens...news are news after all, especially scoops.) No matter what, Pudding might become the catalyst that bring down Big Mom for good once this ends.
Mother Caramel basically raised Big Mom/made her into what she is todayI think Big Mom was likely raised in like a Catholic orphanage type of place and Caramel was one of the head nuns there. Whatever she taught Big Mom, it had a profound effect on her and made her into who she is today. That's why she's so important to her. As for how it happened, I think it's one of two things. One, Caramel was a terrible Jerkass who instilled those bad values into a young Big Mom in the first place, or Two, Caramel was a good lady who's death/disappearance spurred Big Mom to become the lunatic she is today.
- Confirmed. Ironically, Carmel was a nasty, evil woman, yet she raised Big Mom to be kind while she was in her "Mother Carmel" ruse.... but then Big Mom turned out evil anyway.
Judge will be revealed to have a shitty past that made him who he is.I used to think he was simply an asshole from the get go, but after his Villainous Breakdown that intentionally made him look pathetic, I can't help but think there may be good reasons that made him such an asshole. Of course, this won't be enough to redeem him, but it'll bring his actions and motivations under another light.
- Well of course. Is there any major character in One Piece without a shitty past?
What Dogtooth is seeing in the imminent future is...A complete massacre, caused by Big Mom utterly snapping and starting to rip the souls and killing everyone present at the ceremony, not just the enemy. And the odds are high that she won't just settle for the people at the ceremony, but destroy and devour the life-force out the rest of Totland as well. Dogtooth, with his clairvoyance, have every reason to be pale as a sheet, as he's seeing this happening already and if he fails to stop the trigger to this from being pushed, he will immediately make a Heel–Face Turn and temporarily ally with the straw hats in order to stop Big Mom from devouring the life out of their kingdom. Bonus points if he takes command and rallies the rest of the family in order to do so, as they will be forced to choose between their mother or their lives alongside with the rest of the kingdom as she goes out craving for wedding cake in her mindless rage. By doing so, he will gamble on Benge's words being right and the future he sees can be changed, for all of their sake as if it doesn't everyone will die, him included.
Big Mom's "eating disorder" will flare up againSomehow instead of fixating on the photo she will instead focus on the cake, forcing Sanji, Pudding and all the other top chefs and bakers of Totland to work together to make a new cake.
- Yup. It's also just Chiffon plus Sanji and Pudding, not anybody else, but this is Confirmed either way.
Big Mom broke Elbaf's warrior code somehowConsidering her flashback starts in Elbaf, she is a giantess and it is mentioned the other giants hate her for some reason.
- Jossed. She's not a giantess and she wasn't one of Elbaf's warriors. You could say that she "broke their code" in a technical sense though, seeing as how she broke their ceremonial fast and slaughtered a whole village of them.
The Assassination plan will go off without a hitch...But the moment Big Mom dies, her devil fruit powers will hit the off-switch, meaning that the life-force of all of her homies will return to their rightful original owners...including Prometheus, Zeus and Napoleon, which have been specifically mentioned to be parts of her soul beforehand. So take three guesses on who just came back from the river styx once this happens?
- She might even return much worse than she was before, effectively become a "zombie-homie" without any restrains on her eating disorder, starting to feast and devour everything within reach the moment she returns from the dead, forcing everyone to cooperate in order to bring this undead gluttonous monster down, before it devours Whole Cake Island and everyone on it.
- Jossed: It failed at the last and worst possible moment instead.
Raftel is the great kingdom.Whoever made the Poneglyphs would have no reason to unless Raftel was the great kingdom. On top of that, Silvers D. Rayleigh said that visiting Raftel let him know the truth behind everything. Why would a place that has nothing to do with the great kingdom be written about in the Poneglyphs? (Keep in mind the poneglyphs were written before the One Piece was on Raftel). Simple, it must be that Raftel and the great kingdom are one and the same! Not only that but the people on Zou island are descended from the people who made the road Poneglyphs. Zou happens to be very close to Raftel as far as i can tell.
- If it is Raftel was the capital but not the name of the kingdom, they wouldn't have shot Clover to prevent him from mentioning the name if it was the same as Raftel.
Sanji's mom had orange hair
- Jossed, she had the same shade of blonde hair as Sanji.
Big Mom ate Mother Caramel during one of her earliest hunger fits.And the event snapped her back to her senses, but the trauma made her forget about it, leaving her puzzled on where Mother Caramel "vanished" off to. Once she realizes what really happened, all hell will break loose...
- Alternatively, she may have just killed her rather than eating her. And alternatively alternatively, maybe Carmel Took The Bullet from that giant trying to kill Linlin.
- Since now we know Soul power was originally Carmel's, the implication is that is how Big Mom got it from her in the first place, chilling thought isn't it...... I wonder if Teach had done the same to get Whitebeard's power......
- Because eating someone is obviously the only way one can "steal" a Devil Fruit from someone else. Just ask Sabo. Seriously though, while Carmel's sudden disappearance and former power is cause for alarm, these alone are too weak on their own to claim Big Mom ate Carmel. The possibility is there, but it's not the only one.
- Oh please, why so hostile? Did I ever say it is the only way to steal a power from someone else? It is hard to discuss with someone who refuses to get off their high horses, much less one with a misunderstanding with what a Wild Mass Guessing is, hint: it is supposed to be "wild" guesses made with insufficient information at the time of the writing. Also if you think what Blackbeard did with Whitebeard is that he just pull out a fruit from his ass and eat it inside the curtain, I must say it is kind of disappointing.
- My apologies for the earlier entry, it wasn't my intention to sound harsh or agressive; I didn't think what I typed through. However, while I realize the implication is stronger than I thought, as well as the most likely explanation at the moment, (save from Linlin getting her powers from eating Carmel directly; I believe she gained them later), I do believe there is another explanation: Carmel set it up in order to break Linlin, cooperating with some Cipher Pol agents. She could run away with the kids while leaving shreds of their clothes behind, and have a disguised agent enroll a mentally broken Linlin under Cipher Pol or the Marines, with the false promise they'll help her see Carmel again.
- I apologize as well, I didn't clearly explain my believe that WM Gs are not supposed to be argued with, but only Confirmed or Jossed after the fact. Your suggestion is very interesting, and if true would require further flashbacks to show the aftermath, like how and when Carmel die (she has to be since her power went to Big Mom), how Big Mom got her hands on the Soul power, how the government lost the plot and got a Yonko instead of a Fleet Admiral out of the deal. I like it very much.
- Oh please, why so hostile? Did I ever say it is the only way to steal a power from someone else? It is hard to discuss with someone who refuses to get off their high horses, much less one with a misunderstanding with what a Wild Mass Guessing is, hint: it is supposed to be "wild" guesses made with insufficient information at the time of the writing. Also if you think what Blackbeard did with Whitebeard is that he just pull out a fruit from his ass and eat it inside the curtain, I must say it is kind of disappointing.
- Unfortunately, since the flashback is over, I have a feeling this is one of those things that's merely implied and never going to be directly confirmed. But, at the very least, we can say that it's highly probable going based off of the information we got. I mean, what other explanation could there be? Like, honestly.
- Confirmed: She did eat Mother Caramel, and the rest of her friends in the orphanage in the middle of one of her hunger fits.
Big Mom is going to catch Bege's poison missilesIf her flashback proved anything, it's that Big Mom is basically like a wild animal. Even in her shocked state, I bet she's just gonna instinctively do an Arrow Catch with Bege's missiles and crush them in her hand. She's practically unstoppable.
- Jossed: Her voice shattered them in midair instead.
Pudding will use her memory powers on Streusen.And from there, the truth of that day will finally come to light to Big Mom after sixty-two years of wondering about Mother Carmel's disappearance. What Big Mom does after that is up for debate though.
Big Mom's hair was originally whiteIt later turned pink after drinking the blood of her enemies.
- I read shomewhere flamingoes feathers turn pink after eating shrimp
Streusen has much more "useful" purposes for his cook-cook fruit than just preparing meals...He can turn anything he cuts, or does an action resembling cooking apparently, into fresh food. An Unscrupulous man like Streusen who LAUGHED at Big Mom EATING HER FRIENDS AND MOTHER FIGURE, could find a creative use for his devil fruit power... like disposing of evidence... Eaguh
Pudding will try to kill NamiSo in chapter 869, we get a glimpse of Pudding gasping at Sanji catching Nami in his arms, and...seeing as how he's the only person to compliment her Third Eye, doesn't it just make the most sense in the world that Sanji paying attention to a beautiful, normal, 2 eyed girl will make Pudding suddenly feel massively insecure? And seeing as how she's, you know, crazy, her natural reaction to her conflicted feelings will probably be to kill whatever's causing her distress. Also, Nami vs. Pudding makes sense thematically too. Sanji defeated Nami's fake groom (Absalom), so now she gets to repay the favor by defeating Pudding.
Jewelry Bonney is really an age-shifted Charlotte Snack on the lamHer nickname is "Big Eater", and she has been known to change her age as a disguise. What if she is actually juggling two identities and her Charlotte Snack persona was bested by Urogue? Or perhaps she let him win?
- Very unlikely, especially with those details. Unless she's discarded her entire family due to a feud in the past and wants nothing more to do with them, she would have participated in the tea party were she one of Big Mom's daughters.
- Jossed. I know we shouldn't necessarily rely on anime only scenes, but we've seen a glimpse of Snack in the anime (a huge, hulking man) and I'm sure Oda wouldn't have let them show him like that if he was actually a slim woman.
Streusen was responsible for Totland's appearance.That is, Whole Cake Island and the surrounding islands being made of food, even the surrounding oceans being made of juice and such, goes hand-in-hand with someone living there with the ability to turn things into food. We've only really seen him chopping up a log to turn it into steaks (or something similar), but theoretically, there's nothing stopping him from turning an entire island into some edible material. Perhaps Whole Cake Island and the other islands were once normal islands, but Streusen came by and, for one reason or another (possibly a contingency plan to feed Linlin if she gets a hunger craving), converted them all into food, with each island having a different theme so he can easily remember where to go if he needs something specific.
- Confirmed. Wasn't this already all but stated in that chapter though?
Big Mom will destroy the entire citySpecifically, her crew is going to have to leave her alone while they work to recreate the wedding cake so they can stop her craving illness. In the meantime, they have no choice but to let her rampage around freely until they get back. By the time they can actually feed her the cake and calm her down, she'll have destroyed all of Sweet City.
Sanji and Pudding will be the ones who defeat Big MomBut not in combat, but through their culinary skills instead. And everyone else will help out to buy them time to complete the plan in the meantime.
What will be done about the live-action TV seriesNow that a live-action series is in development in the United States, they will have to figure out a way to adapt the series faithfully without turning it into Dragonball Evolution 2.0, and to find a decent cast and directors that can pull it off. I think one of the things would be to use an All-Star Cast that fit the characters' designs and emotions.
- Or it will simply end up like Dragonball Evolution.
- If the One Piece adaptation doesn't work out, it would also end up like Speed Racer or Ghost in the Shell, given how the film's Box Office Bomb and negative reception had an impact on the franchise.
- They could end up releasing it on Netflix or premiere it on a broadcasting network if it's necessary.
- Given the expensive cost of the series' production, it may end up being turned into a Troubled Production or stuck in Development Hell like some films in the Star Wars series and the Marvel Cinematic Universe were.
- If it ends up becoming a success, it could be a case of It Will Never Catch On for the fans and critics and might become a Sleeper Hit.
- They might do a Take That! to 4Kids similar to what Funimation's dub of the anime is doing if the series is successful.
- They could use cameo appearances from the English voice actors and its staff members (both from the dub and the staff of the live-action series), similar to Star Wars and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Pudding has been lying about her culinary skills.This is the real reason why she needs Chiffon's help in making a chocolate chiffon cake for Big Mom. That chocolate house recipe that she boasted to have been an original creation? It's stolen from somebody else. If she were truly an exceptionally skilled chocolatier, why wouldn't she just make the cake on her own instead of relying on a collaboration? Thanks to memory manipulation powers, the secret that she is a fraud has not seriously gotten out thus far. Hey, practically everybody has lied in some way during this arc. If she lied about being a warm and caring person who loves Sanji, what else is she hiding?
- Absolutely not. The wedding cake was repeatedly stated (Including in chapter 873) to be made from lots of great ingredients, not just chocolate, and took a long time to build so it would be exactly the way Big Mom likes it. One person, not even Sanji, can't just magically make a cake this big and this delicious on their own, they need help. Besides, why would she lie about her culinary skills in the first place? Not only would there be no point, but it would also put her at a disadvantage; she's the daughter of Big Mom, the same woman who slaughtered countless people because of her food-craving syndrome. Lastly, she was the one who offered to make the new cake, helped motivate her siblings to find ingredients, and directly sought Chiffon's help to make it. If she were lying about her skills, she wouldn't have done that, not with Totland as a whole and the Straw Hats' lives on the line (Assuming her tears in 874 are genuine, which the ending caption implies they are); her lying would put them all, including herself, in danger.
- I'm gonna say this is definitely Jossed. Chiffon would know better if Pudding didn't know how to cook.
Sanji and Pudding will get married.Why? Because the theme Big Mom has set has been specifically established as "wedding cake". And one of Big Mom's quirks is sadly Exact Words so if there is no wedding, then it is just a cake...and that won't cut it for her. So in order to make the cake a real "wedding cake", Sanji and Pudding has to get married first before Big Mom can accept it as a "wedding cake". (Or at least Sani and Pudding has to get through the ceremony of a wedding, considering what was originally planned with the last cake involved...) So even if Pudding and Chiffon makes the cake, it's no wedding cake unless Pudding gets married first. And since she has her eyes set for Sanji...
- For sure. In the same way that Usopp has Kaya waiting for him back home for after the series ends, Sanji now has Pudding.
Pudding's "fond memory" of Lola was genuineA Previous WMG suggested that Pudding attacked Lola when she found out she was leaving, but after finding out what her childhood was like, that became unlikely, and from the way it seemed in the recent chapter I'm going to suggest something else. Lola and Chiffon were the only siblings who treated Pudding kindly and she was genuinely saddened when Lola left.
Visual Effects companies for live-action TV seriesGiven how much the production of the Live-Action Adaptation would cost per episode, which is at least $9-10 million, it would potentially include quite a few visual effects such as explosions, miniature effects, computer-generated ships and locations, rotoscoping, water and snow effects, digital compositing, matte paintings, and motion capture for some characters. As such, I'm including a list of possible studios that might take up the task for it:
- Industrial Light and Magic: They've been around since its 1975 founding by George Lucas. ILM is famous for their work on the Star Wars film series, most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films (such as the Iron Man films, The Avengers (2012), Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok, Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, and Avengers: Infinity War), Back to the Future, and the Pirates of the Caribbean series (which also centers on pirates). Not only that, but they pushed the boundaries of the use of CGI animation and iMocap systems. Given their extensive experience in on-set practical and visual effects, it would be no surprise that ILM might be involved.
- WETA: WETA Digital and WETA Workshop were used for co-founder Peter Jackson's films such as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Frighteners, the Continuity Reboot of Planet of the Apes beginning with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and The Hobbit trilogy. Not to mention that it was involved in the production of various films like Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Iron Man 3, Edge of Tomorrow, and Deadpool. WETA Digital also used the MASSIVE crowd-simulation software for their works and also developed proprietary software packages for their visual effects such as CityBot and has worked with ILM on occassions.
- Digital Domain: The company has provided visual effects for over 100 films such as Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Apollo 13, Avatar, and Deadpool. They've also worked with ILM and WETA on some occasions, and they might also get involved given how popular Digital Domain has been since its founding in 1993.
- Sony Pictures Imageworks: They've made visual effects and motion capture work for films such as the Spider-Man films (including its Continuity Reboot back in 2012 and Spider-Man: Homecoming), The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Hotel Transylvania, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Polar Express, Beowulf, and Edge of Tomorrow.
- Animal Logic: They've been involved in various films like 300 and The LEGO Movie and have also contributed to the Marvel Cinematic Universe films along with WETA Digital, Digital Domain and ILM. Also, they've worked on The Matrix and The Matrix Reloaded along with SPI and the first film in The Lord of the Rings alongside WETA Digital.
- Framestore: They've worked on Doctor Strange (along with ILM), as well as the Guardians of the Galaxy films (along with WETA Digital for Vol. 2), Edge of Tomorrow (along with SPI, Digital Domain and WETA Digital) as well as Walking with Dinosaurs, Avatar, and, of course, the Harry Potter films (along with ILM for the first six films). They were also responsible for developing virtual camera and motion rig systems.
Pudding's expression in the final panel of 875 indicates she's turning into a yandere for SanjiShe looks pretty psycho there, but the heart symbols in her dialogue about Sanji refute the idea that she's back to hating him.
- Ehhh... she's more like a Tsundere. She's crazy like a yandere for sure, but she's not acting violently or dangerously. So for now, Jossed.
Purin will join the Straw Hats (or the Grand Fleet)She'll fall in love with Sanji, but realize that there's no way to convince Sanji to stay with her. So she'll take another option; if she can't convince Sanji to stay, she will either go with him so they can remain together, or join the Grand Fleet so they can leave on good terms but still see each other again from time to time.
- Completely and entirely Jossed: As of chapter 850, Pudding has revealed herself to be just as sadistic as her mother, if not more than her, by harming Reiju and declaring her intentions to murder her, Sanji, the rest of the Vinsmokes, and the Straw Hats..
- Actually, with her Heel–Face Turn (and Big Mom noticing she's helping the Straw Hats), this is once again plausible. She also indeed falls in love with Sanji, so this should go back to the Open section for now.
Casting choices for the live action seriesOne Piece Casting Call Tony Jaa or Stephen Crow as Monkey D. Luffy Takeshi Kaneshiro, Hugh Jackman, Chris Evans, or Ryan Reynolds as Roronoa Zoro Jessica Alba, Kirsten Dunst, Alyson Hannigan, Bella Thorne, or Laura Chiatti as Nami Shia LaBeouf, Corbin Bleu, or Weird Al Yankovic as Usopp Leonardo DiCaprio, Owen Wilson, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Alex Band, Stephen Crow, Jesse Spencer or Josh Holloway as Sanji Noah Ringer, Brina Palencia, Weird Al Yankovic, or Jonathan Lipnicki as Tony Tony Chopper (voice over) John Felix Anthony Cena as Tony Tony Chopper (Motion Capture: Heavy Point Form) Andy Serkis as Tony Tony Chopper (Motion Capture: Monster Point Form) Jennifer Connelly, Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, Taylor Cole, Megan Fox, or Anna Tantagelo as Nico Robin Jim Carrey, Mickey Rourke or Dwayne Johnson as Franky Saul "Slash" Hudson, Adrien Brody, Eric Idle, Weird Al Yankovic, Johnny Depp, Chris Sarandon, or Ian Sinclair as Brook Danny Elfman as Brook (singing voice) Gennaro Gattsuso or Mickey Rourke as Gol D. Roger Clint Eastwood as Silvers Rayleigh Uma Thurman as Shakky Keanu Reeves or Ian Somerhalder as Portgas D. Ace Hulk Hogan or Terrence "Terry" Gene Bollea as Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate Chris Evans as Marco Dalip Singh as Jozu Liam Nelson or Christopher Lambert as Monkey D. Dragon Sean Connery or Burt Reynolds as Monkey D. Garp Daniel Radcliffe, Haley Joel Osment or Elijah Wood as Coby Tom Felton or David Spade as Helmeppo Ben Affleck as Fullbody John Malkovich as Sengoku Bruce Willis, Fabrizio Ravanelli, or Clint Eastwood as Smoker Liev Schreiber as Akainu "Sakazuki" Will Smith, Laurence Fishburne, Don Cheadle, or Lenny Kravitz as Aokiji "Kuzan" Kunie Tanaka, Sylvester Stallone, Jeff Goldblum, or Al Pacino as Kizaru "Borsalino" Jeff Bridges or Luke Wilson as Bartholomew Kuma Daniel Craig as Donquixote Doflamingo Steven Tyler as Diamante Mike Tyson as Pica Antonio Banderas, or Johnny Depp as Mihawk "Hawk Eyes" Danny DeVito, Wes Bentley, Tim Curry, or Gary Boulter as Gecko Moriah Danny DeVito or Tim Curry as Dr. Hogback Mark Boone Junior, Ian MacShane, James Purefoy, John Malkovich, Charles Mesure, or Peter "Nice Peter" Shukoff - Marshall D. Teach Jaime Bamber as Van Auger David Michael Batista Jr. as Jesus Burges Hugh Laurie or Gigi Marxullo as Doc. Q Cillian Murphy as Laffite Robbie Coltrane as Vasco Shot Shannen Doherty as Catherine Devon Mads Mikkelsen as Shiryu Marcus Nispel as Avlon Pizarro Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, or Viggo Mortensen as "Red Hair" Shanks Steven Sigel or William Dafoe as Ben Beckman Robert Downey Jr., Weird Al Yankovic, Corbin Bleu, Shia LaBeouf or Jonavatti as Yasopp Jorge Garcia as Lucky Roo Megan Fox as Boa Hancock Ron Perlman as Magellan Steve Carrell as Hannybal Milla Jovovich as Sadie-Chan Tim Curry or Rob Schneider as Emporio Ivankov Johnny Deep and Glenn Close as Inazuma Brendan Gleeson as Jimbei Steven Seagal, Andy Garcia, Julian McMahon, Sanjay Dutt, or Till Landderman as “Mr.0” Sir Crocodile Vin Diesel or Dwayne Johnson as "Mr. 01" Daz Bones Angelina Jolie or Iman as Miss Double Finger Jim Carrey, Rupert Everett, or Rowen Atkinson as "Mr. 02" Betham Mike Myers or Joe Pesci as Buggy Ben Stiller as Mohji Rosie O'Donnell as Fat Alvida Monica Bellucci or Megan Fox as Slim Alvida Mike Myers or Kevin James as Mr. 4 Roseanne Barr or Mo'nique as Miss Merry Christmas Will Smith, Don Cheadle, or Lenny Kravitz as Mr. 5 Federica Fontana or Scarlet Johnson as Miss Valentine Wendie Malick as Miss Father’s Day Steven Carrell, Tommy Lee Jones, or Francesco “Ciccio” Graziani as "Mr. 03" Galdino Song Hye-gyo as Miss Goldenweek James Franco as Eustass Kidd Daft Punk or Ray Park as Killer Joey Jordison or Hayden Christensen as Basil Hawkins Antonio Banderas as X·Drake Valentino Rossi, Erik von Markovik or Wentworth Miller as Trafalgar Law Jaime Luis Gómez "Taboo" as Scratchmen Apoo Anne Hathaway or Jennette McCurdy as Jewelry Bonney James Caan, Al Pacino, Epic Lloyd or Danny DeVito as Capone Benge Matthew Willig as Urouge Hugo Weaving as Vergo Emilia Clarke as Monet Dakota Fanning as Sugar Gerard Butler or Russell Crowe as Kyros Chris Pine or James Mardsen as Cavendish Dolph Lundgren as Captain Morgan Eljiah Wood, Chrsitan Bale, Cillian Murphy, Stephen Colbert, Mads Mikkelsen, or Johnny Depp as Kuro Steven Tyler as Jango Ficarra & Picone as Johnny & Yosaku Gerard Depardieau as Zeff Stephen Lang, Kurt Russell, Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Brock Lesnar as Don Krieg John Leguizamo as Gin Patrick Warburton as Pearl Sylvester Stallone, Jim Carrey, Gerard Butler, or Bill Nighy as Arlong Bill Nighy as Hatchan Gerry Scotti as Igaram Maggie Smith as Dr. Kureha Hugh Laurie or Gene Wilder as Dr. Hiluluk Batista as Dorton Mike Myers or Jack Black as Wapol Willem Dafoe as Nefertari Cobra Jessica Biel or Amy Adams as Nefertari Vivi Fabio Cannavaro or Ron Perlman as Montblanc Cricket Ashton Kutcher as Bellamy Ian McKellen or Jean Rochefort as Gan Fall Laz Alonso as Wiper Arnold Schwarzenegger as Calgara Fabio Cannavaro or Ron Perlman as Montblanc Noland Shaggy, Laurence Fishburne, or Coolio as Gedatsu Mike Myers as Satori, Hotori, and Kotori Billy Zane as Shura Vin Diesel as Ohm Enimem as Enel Roberto Benigni as Foxy George Clooney as Iceburg Josh Holloway as Paulie Giuliano Ferrara as Tom Saul Hudson, Russell Brand, or Weird Al Yankovic as Rob Lucci Bryan Eyron or Owen Wilson as Kaku Uma Thurman or Ali Larter as Kalifa Sylvester Stallone as Bleuno Jet-Li as Jabra Edward Norton as Hody Jones Jared Leto as Caesar Clown Rey Mysterio or Ray Park as Pandaman Frank Welker as Richie, The Unluckies, Hattori, Tyrannosaurus, Laboon, Nola, Yokozuna, South Bird, Kung Fu Dugongs, Mohmoo, Eyelashes, and other animal characters (voice over)
- Unfortunately, Gene Wilder is deceased.
- Oh yeah, I forgot about that :<
- The one problem with a lot of the actors you listed is that they're far too old to be realistically playing teenagers/young adults. If we're to see this be done properly, they'll need to be younger, less exposed actors. I have my heart set on Holland Roden playing Nami.
Luffy will get a Love Interest through deceitAt the end of the manga when Luffy finally becomes "King of the Pirates" a female character (The more obscure, the better) asks if she can be his "Queen" Luffy (being a celibate idiot) says "Sure, why not?"
- Pretty unlikely. Luffy's stupid, but he's not totally oblivious; he actually does know what marriage is, and his comments about Sanji and Pudding's wedding proves that he knows what kissing is, love and etc. And he also straight up told Hancock to her face already that he wouldn't marry her. So I think he would have to have a pretty big change of heart to be ok with something like that.
Characters that originated from Wano or Kano CountryRoronoa Zoro-Follows Bushido, plus Oda once stated he would be Japanese in the Real World Shiliew/Shiryu-Resembles Yasumpri Kato Izu-Geisha crossdresser Koshiro- His attitude toward woman Kaido-a has Mongolian features compete with a Fu Manchu mustache, His name can translate into "Church" or "Temple", and wears a Shimenawa for a belt Mihawk- its possible that The World’s Strongest Swordsman was trained by Wano Samurai, since they’re to be stronger than the Marines. Kumadori-Kabuki theatrics Jabra- martial artist clothes, Fu Manchu mustache Caesar Clown- basically 'Orochimaru with Mayuri Kurotsuchi powers Shiki-His appearance resembles a Shogun Jimbei-Oni facial features and sumo fighting style Kuina- excellent swordsmanship Oars/Oars Jr.- Oni Giants This guy- Has a ponytail, carries a sword. Boa Hancock-wears a qipao and lives in a Ancient Chinese Palace Tashigi-Meganekko Akainu-Modeled after the late Bunta Sugawa famous for playing Yakuza gangsters Fujitora-Modeled after Shiintaro Katsu,famous for potraying Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman Ryokugyu- Although Green Bull is likely to on a based a Japanese actor like the other Admirals, I feel that the yet-to-seen character will have a more Chinese flavor to him/her
- I don't mean to sound rude, but if such flimsy, farfetched and completely unrelated reasons were enough for one to hail from Wano, we might as well say that Wano Country is actually the entire world. All those entries are next to impossible, and based on very minor and unrelated things.
How Luffy will defeat KatakuriIt's been shown that Katakuri is Luffy's superior in Haki and fighting power. How can Luffy prevail over such a foe without it seeming to be a deus ex machina? Consider three things:
- During Skypeia, Luffy found a way to defend against Eneru's Mantra/Observation Haki by shutting down his mind and moving on subconscious reflex.
- After Enies Lobby, Luffy's shown that he's trained himself to be able to eat while sleeping, so as not to miss meals.
- Possible, but I doubt it will be the way to defeat him. Maybe he'll pull that off to weaken him, but having him defeated this way would made him too similar to Cracker. Plus, I doubt it would count as "deus ex machina"; Luffy fought and defeated several opponents way above him in power before, like Crocodile or Lucci.
- You have to remember that Katakuri sees the FUTURE, that's what makes him different from all other Kenbun users, as they base their "sensations" off the feelings of their opponents. Regardless if Luffy shuts off his brain, Katakuri will still foresee the future.
How the Straw Hats will escape Big Mom's tsunamiI can only think of two ways out at that point: A) Jimbei breaks the wave or slows it down before it can crash on the Sunny; he can manipulate water after all, and this huge tsunami would be a way for him to show his strength either way. B) Luffy says "Fuck it" and escapes the Mirror World, abandoning his fight with Katakuri in favor of punching Big Mom; this won't faze her but it will distract her long enough for the Straw Hats to get away. This would still leave Katakuri's threat level intact, but at least the bigger threat at the moment would be removed.
- Or C) The Sun Pirates shows up and disarms the giant wave by manipulating the sea currents needed to form it beneath the surface, effectively pulling the rug for its foundation without having to do a Mihawk on the actual wave like back in Marineford Arc.
- Or the Straw Hats could use the Sunny's Gaon Cannon.
- No they couldn't; the cannon runs on cola, and they're not done refueling it since they used the Coup de Burst earlier.
- Jossed. Jimbei surfs inside the wave to escape.
Jimbei won’t get his backstory flashback this arcOr at least not the whole flashback. We’ll probably learn his dream but not entirely the tragedy of his life. That will be revealed in the arc when Luffy is “fated” to destroy Fishman Island.
- We technically already DID get his backstory flashback, in the Fishman Island arc itself. But other than that, it's indeed likely that if he gets a second flashback explaining what happened at another point of his life, it won't be in the Whole Cake Island/Totto Land arc, which is already in its final stage. It's far more likely to wait until a later arc.
- That flashback was more about Otohime and Fisher Tiger than Jimbei, nothing in the flashback made him seem to be The Woobie to me personally, I don’t know about you, and as I said we don’t know what his dream is.
Katakuri's father is Gol D. RogerHis scarf hides a big smile.
- EXTREMELY unlikely. There is no way such a thing could have remained a secret, and the World Government would have hunted down the Big Mom Pirates if an offspring of the King of Pirates was among them. Considering how they acted when they suspected the conception of Ace, they probably made absolutely certain they knew if Roger had any other children running free.
- Jossed, the scarf hides a mouth full of fangs, something neither Roger nor Big Mom have.
Reiju has a crush on Nami
- All her brothers(even though they have no emotion) have a crush for Nami, so why not have Reiju join in on the fun.
- Eh, if anything, I would expect her to be more taken up with Luffy after that "poison sucking" episode.
- Why Luffy of all things considering Reiju had just said she found the poison to be a delicacy. At any rate Reiju could still have a thing for women, nothing has been shown either way yet.
- Eh, if anything, I would expect her to be more taken up with Luffy after that "poison sucking" episode.
Sora's sacrifice didn't affect just SanjiWhen Sora took the drug that would reverse genetic enhancements to save her unborn-quadruplet sons, the only child who was visibly affected was Sanji who retained all his emotions and was strong as a normal boy. Because of this, Sora was convinced that Sanji was her only success... unaware that another son, Niji was affected, too. While he still turned out as bad as his brothers, Niji has a slightly larger emotional range than his brothers because of the drug, as Ichiji became an utter stoic while Yonji's childhood brattiness stayed with him. Niji can feel anger, if his temper is to go by; was more freaked out by Big Mom's "library collection" than his siblings; and was more excited and affectionate with Sanji (even though it might be interpreted as Condescending Compassion) than the rest of his brothers. He even screamed for Reiju in concern when Big Mom pounded her into the ground, while Ichiji coldly told him to ignore their sister and focus on buying time for the Straw Hats. The irony here is that Sora saw emotions as part of being human and something to celebrate; thanks to Judge who psychologically altered his sons in utero, the (little) emotion Niji was able to have because of Sora's sacrifice turned him into an even worse person because of the teachings he grew up with and even if he did have emotion, his literal lack of emotional understanding left him unable to comprehend them.
Blackbeard is the reason Whole Cake Island toppledBlackbeard and at least some of his crew are waiting in the woodworks like they did two years ago, letting the chaos of Big Mom and Luffy's conflict play out and waiting for Big Mom and her forces to be significantly weakened before he makes his move at killing her and stealing her Devil Fruit power. He used his Tremor-Tremor Fruit powers to topple Whole Cake Island, which nearly dealt a huge blow to Big Mom and her crew, and his agents are the reason why the sea slug transmitters are on the fritz.
Sanji knowing how to use a sword will come to play in the futureThis Sanji's skill is just way to noticable to be a just a piece of his characterization:
- It's not just "you can use a weapon", Judge specificly say "sword".
- After Sanji's training with a sword was mentioned in chapter 833 it's actually showed up in a flashback in chapter 840, so it's definetly not just throwaway line.
- Weirdest part about this particular skill is that none of the Vinsmokes actually use swords. Vinsmoke siblings are geneticly enchanted supersoldiers who didn't need any weapon to begin with and Judge himself use a spear.
Luffy has mastered the Life Return abilityThere's nothing else explaining how he could near-instantly burn off all the fat from eating his way out of the mountain of mochi that Katakuri buried him in. The chefs witnessing it even lampshade that this isn't how human metabolism works. Luffy is obviously using a technique to rapidly bring himself back into fighting shape after he eats too much, this is one of the known applications of Life Return, as demonstrated by Kumadori. Also, Luffy's Gears are based heavily on observation of CP 9's Rokushiki techniques. While Life Return is distinct from Rokushiki, it's also something he witnessed Rob Lucci using. It's possible that copying Life Return is part of what makes Gear Fourth work.
- There actually is a much simpler explanation to all of that: Rule of Funny. While there's no doubt Luffy is very good at incorporating his enemies' techniques into his own fighting style, I heavily doubt something as mundane as losing fat is due to a technique; Life Return is used for a lot more than that, so if Luffy really did master it, it would have been clearly revealed.
- There is nothing mundane about losing huge amount of mass in a near instant (hell it breaks the law of the conservation of mass for one, but lets not bring hard science into this), it is also quite reasonable that Life Return is not a CP exclusive technique (Kumadori mentioned that he got it during his travels, while the man has a tendency to dramatize I still think he will not lie out right, Lucci might have gotten it from Kumadori or even figure it out himself, since its a technique that is similar to a natural function of the living beings in the One Piece world namely Bio Feedback it comes to reason that it too can be obtained naturally) , from Luffy himself we have multiple examples: one is at Whisky Peak right after waking up from the party he immediately got into a fight with Zoro while still looking like a balloon but instantly loses all the mass after knocking out Mr. 5 and than kept on fighting Zoro after; The other and more disturbing example is at Impel Down right after beating the poisons inside his body, Luffy consumed an staggering amount of food in order to recover, turning him initially into a monstrosity with a emaciated upper body and a gigantic balloon belly, then he digested all the food in an instant and change all that into muscle mass in a more detailed and slower depiction changing his shriveled body into a healthy and muscular one in a matter of four panels. While you can argue the first example is play for laughs (which I don't see how fighting your friend is supposed to be funny), the Impel Down example is too gruesome for that in my opinion. I personally don't think Luffy got this technique from CP 9, since he has shown to be able to do before even knowing what CP 9 is, but that he learned to do that on his own in a almost instinctual level, he knows he can do it, as he sometimes try to do it intentionally, but I don't think he knows how or care, he might even figured it is part of the power of gum gum fruit (which may or may not be true). Life Return would also explain some strange powers employed by Gear Fourth, for example the Culverin's tracking and momentum defying versatility, and the strong yet still elastic Gear Fourth musculature (which gave Mingo quite a surprise, implying that he didn't think it was possible in normal circumstances), giving its user complete control of one's body will make all of the above possible (in the one piece world anyway).
Katakuri’s weak point is...His jaw. That is where Luffy manages to land his first real hit on him, and if you look at the final panel he seems to be aiming right at the scarf. Katakuri doesn’t just where his scarf to hide his scary teeth and undignified feeding times and look cool. He also does it to hide the weak point on his body.
Katakuri’s ability to avoid armament haki charged attacksis the secret of all high level Logia user's seeming invulnerability even against haki users. It has always been a mystery about how some top class Logia users like Aokiji and Akainu can survive seemingly fatal (as in visibly deformed, impaled) haki charged attacks in the past, even though they remarked it makes fighting haki users troublesome, then in chapter 884 Luffy figured out that the reason he cannot damage Katakuri even with haki is because his attacks never did connect in the first place, Katakuri uses his superior Observation Haki to transform partially to move out of the way of incoming attacks making his attacks fail for seemingly no reason. If high class shapeshifters (special Paramicia and Logia users) in the highest echelons of power all uses the same technique, it means that Observation Haki is much more important in high level combat than what was previously shown as the victor must match and surpasses both Armament and Observation haki along with combat ability in order to come out on top, Luffy has much further to go yet still but this fight is definitely an eye opener (and catalyst) for Luffy (whose power is still stuck on time skip levels seeing that Gear Forth was created to fight beasts on Rusukaina), shown him how to get even stronger than ever before. Gear Fifth is beckoning...
Katakuri will come out from his hedonist closet at the end of the arc.Once he's defeated and everyone sees him on the ground, he will no longer be a Slave to PR and allow himself to eat together with the others, once all the hype around him weakened somewhat. He might even be happier about it as well. Just a small thing that we might see play out in a cover story format, probably with him snacking with the others at least in some dignified manner, in sharp contrast to closing himself off completely like before.
Sanji's cake will cure Big Mom's "Eating Disorder".It will taste so good that all of her cravings would vanish in the aftermath and perhaps even make her do a Heel–Face Turn as a person, turning her into Linlin once again before Streusen corrupted her. As a result, she would call off the hunt on the Strawhats and everyone get to share the table and the cake in the victory feast afterwards. Linlin finally might understand what it means to "see each other face to face" after all...
The experiments to suppress Niji's emotions will eventually break.As Niji is the one who shows concern for Reiju when she's attacked by Big Mom while Ichiji states that it's fine for her to die "if she's so weak" I think that’s a clue that the emotional suppression on Niji will break at some point.
Chopper will get his first serious bounty after the Whole Cake Island Arc.It will coincide with Carrot getting her first bounty. The World Government will compare his feats to those of Carrot, and they will finally come to the realization that he is not merely a Team Pet.
Chopper and Carrot will become the Straw Hats' Official Couple.Look at Chapter 888. See Chopper's reaction to Carrot's Sulong form? That is the look of someone experiencing lust. Sure, Oda-sensei has said the Straw Hat crew is, first and foremost, "in love with adventure". That doesn't mean things can't change. Or at bare minimum, the two youngest members of the crew (assuming Carrot joins the nakama, as many are predicting) won't give in to their hormones.
- Five words from Chopper from 889: "she's like my little sister".
There will be another arc or couple of arcs between Whole Cake Island and Wano.If the "Wano is one to two years off to come as of November 2017" part was really stated by Oda as well as not mistranslated, I heavily doubt an arc with so comparatively "little" left to do will take that long to finish, climactic encounter with Big Mom or not. I suspect another cooldown arc will come between Whole Cake and Wano, possibly involving the Germa.
The anime series will have an ending credit scroll in the Grand Finale.As in Dragon Ball GT, we may end up getting an entire credit scroll with actors and their major characters, as well as main staff members such as screenwriters, directors and producers.
There will be a dedication at the end of the anime.In the Grand Finale of the anime, there will also be an In Memoriam section with the voice actors who have passed away throughout the series' run.
Katakuri's Mochi Mochi no Mi isn't the only "special" Paramecia Devil Fruit.Gasparde's Ame-Ame no Mi in movie 4 was one too; it was just mistakenly classified as Logia at the time.
Awakened Devil Fruit Powers have something to do with Conquerer's HakiUsing awakened powers involves 'commanding' material outside yourself with Conquerer's Haki.
When / If Luffy's powers Awaken, he will upgrade the Thousand Sunny by turning it into rubberBecause an entirely rubber ship would be AWESOME.
- I don't believe it works or would work that way, considering all the work which went into crafting it in the first place, but I could see him temporarily turn parts of it into rubber, to bounce an especially brutal attack right off.
Pudding will use her memory powers to restore Big Mama's lost memoriesAnd the horror of them will at least disable her temporarily. Not permanently, though. She doesn't seem the type to ultimately care she ate her friends.
The majority of the remaining Supernovas will have their Devil Fruits revealed in the Wano Country arc.Of the original eleven Supernovas, nine have Devil Fruits; three of those have been identified. Of the remaining six, at least half are confirmed to be involved in the coming arc, and are all but guaranteed to have their Devil Fruits identified:
- Apoo and X. Drake are currently working for Kaido and will most likely come up against the Straw Hats.
- Kid fought Kaido but lost; he is being held as the Yonko's prisoner and will undoubtably want revenge, breaking out while the Straw Hats are in Wano and aiding them in retaliation for Kaido's actions.
- Hawkins' current status is unknown, but he witnessed Kaido's arrival on their island; he may or may not involve himself in the coming battle for Wano. If he does, his Fruit will probably be identified.
- Urouge also spoke with Kaido briefly; he may or may not get involved in the battle for Wano.
- Jewelry Bonney is the only one who hasn't encountered Kaido; she is unlikely to be involved in the Wano arc, and will probably be the last to have her Fruit revealed, sometime after Kaido's defeat.
- Possible, but considering how many Supernovas still need proper introductions for their powers, I don't believe all of them will be revealed in a single arc. I instead suspect only Apoo and /or Drake's fruits will be revealed there, and the others will either be revealed after Wano or in a hypothetical post-Whole Cake cooldown arc.
Devil Fruits and other abilities are almost never brought up by the newspaperWhile certain characters like Ace or Crocodile have well known Devil Fruit abilities, nobody seems to know that Luffy has eaten the Gomu Gomu no Mi. It seems that most of the journalists never bother to write anything about Devil Fruits or which person has eaten which fruit. Otherwise characters would have been aware that certain characters have certain powers. This would also explain why so many people in the East Blue aren't aware of Devil Fruits being real.
We are due for an extended flashback to Bege.This will be a short-lived WMG, as it will either be confirmed or Jossed a few chapters from when I type this, but once Bege is able to get the cake to Liqueur Island and Big Mom starts eating it, the series will then begin a flashback for Bege, as his part in the Totto Land story will be mostly complete and we probably won't be seeing much of Bege for a long time once the Straw Hat and Firetank Pirates part ways.