This is a list of Wild Mass Guesses that are still uncategorized. Just for Fun and silly guesses go on the silly page. If a WMG is Jossed, please move it to the Jossed page, if it is Confirmed, please move it to the Confirmed page.Please add new entries to the bottom of the page.
Raftel has a large antimagnet.That's why no one can find it. The log pose doesn't point towards it.
It's a myth that you can't eat more than one devil fruitWe've never actually seen anybody consume more than one fruit, except Blackbeard (offscreen) and he survived. You probably just get deadly sick or something, and if you know how to deal with it, you can survive it.
- Almost impossible. Blackbeard didn't eat another fruit (How can one eat a fruit that has already been eaten decades ago?), he simply absorbed its powers. If there was indeed a chance, however unlikely, that one may survive if they "knew how to deal with it", there would have been at least one other example, and it's too big a deal to be glossed over.
- Once Whitebeard died, the fruit would have spawned nearby, duh. Blackbeard did the sensible thing and brought a crate of fruits with him. Hell, even if he does have some magical absorbing ability, bringing a crate of fruit is just pure logic. It's a war, lots of devil fruit users were gonna die. Easiest way to get a hold of bunch of devil fruits ever. So easy that blackbeard doesn't want other people to copy him, hence the blanket as a smokescreen. Like when Luffy went back to marineford, everyone were wondering the meaning of ringing the bell 48 times, when in reality the tattoo was what mattered.
The "Idiot pirate" whom the navy was going to sell the Ope Ope fruit to is KaidoOr someone hired by him. If, as many have speculated, Kaido's immortality comes from the sacrifice of a Ope Ope fruit user, then it stands to reason that another Ope user could remove it again. When the navy caught wind that Kaido wanted to kill himself with it, they were all "you go knock yourself out brother!" and arranged the trade immediately. Since then, Kaido has bought up fruit after fruit in a desperate attempt to find the fruit again.
D stands for DemonstratorMaking it a pun on demons being "Enemies of god".
Blackbeard taking powers is only possible from the Yami Yami no mi's AwakeningFrom what we know about Awakenings so far, they seem to involve breaking whatever boundaries and limitations the Devil Fruit's once had; Zoans simply become bigger and stronger than they otherwise could have and Paramecia's like Doflamingo's are no longer limited to where they can produce their substance. Likewise, Teach's Awakening empowered his ability to "suck anything into himself", and this is how he's able to absorb even Devil Fruit abilities. This being unique to the Dark Dark fruit would also fit Marco's quote that Teach has a "special body" that allows him to do that (I think it goes something like this: Kill the user with a fruit nearby for the power to flow into, and then absorb the power right out of the fruit without eating it). This also brings up another WMG...
Awakenings are relatively unique/specific to each Devil FruitWhen Luffy Awakens the Gum Gum Fruit, it may not involve turning his environment into rubber like Doflamingo did with strings. Doflamingo's Awakening specifically involved that because of the nature of his Paramecia; it's a substance production type. Luffy's Paramecia on the other hand, a body-modifying type rather than a substance producer, will have a different gimmick. Also, this uniqueness may be relative; Zoan Awakenings will always involve becoming a huge monster because Zoan Fruits are relatively all similar to each other. Paramecia Awakenings, like the fruits themselves compared to Zoans, can be much more diverse.
Kaya isn't an Ill Girl. Kuro poisoned herThe first time we see her, she says she feels fine. Then Kurohadol gives her some "medicine", and a few scenes later, she's coughing. Sure, we're meant to think that she's coughing because Kurahadol and Usopp got into a fight and it upset her... But there's another darker explanation. Kuro was poisoning her giving her tiny doses every day. Notice that later Kurohadol enters with a meal, and Kaya says "I don't want to eat. It doesn't taste good." If he was poisoning her meal every day, then of course it wouldn't taste good. By using small doses, he could make it seem as though she was merely falling ill naturally, and when she eventually died, no one would investigate. Of course, the weakness of this theory is that if this is the case, then Kuro wouldn't have needed to do the whole "pirate invasion" plot. However, Word of God is that Kuro is the smartest character in the East Blue, and that pirate invasion wasn't really something glimmering with brilliance. Maybe Kuro's original plan was to poison her slowly, but she grew resistant to the poison over time forcing him to increase the doses, which only made it a matter of time before she discovered that the weird distaste of her food was actually poison. And remember when he said that "he would've killed Kaya anyway" even if she gave him all her money? Maybe he actually meant "since I've poisoned you and it's only a matter of time before it kills you". Of course, she's not dead. Once Kuro was gone, she was free to go visit a doctor. And now, she's studying to become a doctor herself. Because Usopp might come home wounded? Or because she realized what Kurohadol had done to her and wanted some way to avoid that in the future, as a way to get over her trauma?
Some event in Brook's past was caused by a member of the Vinsmoke familyAbout his past before he became a pirate, we only know that he was a soldier in "a certain kingdom"; what if he quit because he didn't manage to protect some royalty from an assassination carried by a Vinsmoke? Alternately, he and his crew may have been mortally poisoned in an unfortunate encounter with the Vinsmokes. Either way, Brook shows to know something he doesn't feel like saying right now.
Sanji's father will be the next major adversary Luffy fights.The Vinsmoke Family is shaping up to be a big deal, and it sounds like Sanji is depicted as a weakling among them. If this is true, then the Vinsmoke patriarch may actually be closer to around Luffy's level of strength, if not greater.
- Sounds very likely right now. Sanji's father is powerful as hell, and he's shaping up to be a major threat. Whether he will be the next major bad guy Luffy fights or if Sanji will take care of his pops, however, is still up in the air.
A Worst Generation member will become a major villain. Besides Blackbeard.After all, what kind of person would put up a real good fight against Luffy, but one who started at about the same time as him, about the same age as him, and has been getting stronger at about the same rate as him? I'd bet my chips on Eustass Kid. He may be forming an alliance now, but I think he's going to betray the other members, including Killer, and backstab them once the alliance's goal of defeating Shanks is complete so he can claim all of the reward and glory for himself. Naturally, if he defeats Shanks, he will become a target of Luffy's, and the two will find themselves pretty evenly matched. He is also, in a way, an opposite to Trafalgar Law: Whereas Law is calm and has dedicated his life to learning how to heal people, Kid is loud and is a psychopathic murderer. It would fit the pattern that if Law decided to side with Luffy and fight alongside him, Kid would stand in Luffy's way and will fight Luffy with everything he has.
- Capone seems to be behind some of the unpleasantness the Strawhats are facing as of the Zou arc.
- Kid seems to have been beaten and imprisoned by Kaido and might have been betrayed by Appo so he might be willing to ally himself with the alliance for revenge.
- Confirmed, Capone Bege is probably the third biggest obstacle in the Totland Arc aside from Big Mom and Germa 66.
"Calico" Yorki was a member of the Vinsmoke familyThis would explain Brook's reaction; he familiarized the Vinsmoke name with his old captain.
- I'm gonna say Jossed now, as he lacked the telltale swirly brows. In fact, it's more likely that the Vinsmokes were the ones who killed Brook.
One of Sanji's brothers will be a major ally.To go along with the above WMG of Sanji's father becoming a major villain, maybe one of Sanji's brothers (or other siblings, if he has any) will side with him to take down their father; either for personal reasons or because he/she thinks Mr. Vinsmoke went too far.
- Chapter 826 has introduced Yonji, who has the same exact reaction to beautiful women as his older brother Sanji. Unless all male Vinsmokes are that way, he could be a good candidate since he may share Sanji's chivalry towards women.
- If I had to bet, it would probably be the second son. The first and Yonji seem to be too evil so far. At the very least, the second son called the first on his bullshit when he said he "couldn't wait to see Sanji", so it's a good sign.
- Isn't it going to be his sister? One Piece had used female-villain-turned-good plots several times (ex: Robin, Viola, even Vivi and Nami to minor extent) and she kinda reminded me of how Nojiko acted to Nami.
- After what we've learned in Chapter 840, this is even more likely to be the case.
- It isn't looking too likely right now considering how cruel they were to Sanji, giving him a very good reason to hate his family's guts. The possibility of a Heel–Face Turn from one of them still remains, but it's not very high yet.
- Aaand chapter 839 brought the chances of this WMG happening to oblivion; between the fact that Sanji's siblings laughed imagining the various ways he'd die after running away when they were kids, Niji's incredibly petty attitude and his beatdown of Cosette which made Sanji hate him even more, there's no way in hell they'll ever be anything more than enemies.
- And now all of the brothers are allies! So in a strange way, this ended up being true.
Zoro hasn't really lost his left eyeIt was damaged during the training with Mihawk to the point he must use some care with it, but not irreparably; Zoro simply chooses to keep it closed as part of his own training. Even with his impaired vision, after the Strawhats reunited he's come out clean from his battles, very differently from his usual before the timeskip. Just imagine what he could do if he used both eyes, and he'll probably need it sometime in the future.
The Kogetsu Clan had previously saved Zou from complete annihilation.The extent at which the Minks were willing to go to defend Raizo suggests nothing less.
Every country in the One Piece World has a Poneglyph
- Then why didn't we see a Poneglyph on Punk Hazard? Every country in the world /had/ a Poneglyph maybe?
The Poneglyph Jinbei and Wadatsumi recovered is the final Road Poneglyph.After all, it was found after Wadatsumi chucked some underwater ruins onto dry land. I doubt Jinbei and Wadatsumi will stay together, but even so, Jinbei could (if he knows how) make a copy of the Poneglyph's contents for Robin to read when he meets the Straw Hats again.
- The final Road Poneglyphs are red though, so while it could be hidden in the manga, it would be problematic when made into anime, so I doubt it. The part about Jinbeu making a copy though, that sounds believable. I hope he does.
The final Road Poneglyph is hidden in Mariejois.It seems like it would make sense story-wise. There's been a lot of buildup about Mariejois, so it's probable that the strawhats are going to visit there sometime.
- Extremely unlikely. The very reason why the Straw Hats passed by Fishman Island is precisely because the only other route was through Mariejois, a route that only selected civilian ships may take. Plus, even if they could have passed by Mariejois, it's likely too heavily protected to be worth it, and there's no reason (or way, for that matter) for them to backtrack to it.
Poneglyphs are actually P-1 glyphsOne Piece, One P, P-one, p-1... Given that hundred of years have passed, it makes sense that language have changed. Going out further on a limb, who wants to bet that One Piece was originally fully known, and that One Piece is in itself a code name? After the void century, people were forbidden from speaking about it... but people did anyway, in secret, which is why the myth still lives on, though in the form of a mysterious fairy tale that nobody knows the entire picture of.
Law will be the Whitebeard to Luffy's Gold RogerBoth Law and Whitebeard were/are great friends and rivals to their generations' respective Pirate Kings but don't have the same level of ambition as the latter. Whitebeard only ever wanted a family and never went after the One Piece while Law only wanted to avenge Rocinante/Corazon and has yet to express any desire of being the Pirate King.
- The positions and personalities are reversed though Law's got the nastier temper and doesn't seem much of a people person but Luffy's got the number of allies and the ambition
- Plus there's that smile on his face as he's walking away from Rebecca in response to Luffy's declaration of future kingship. Like "Man... This guy."
Bonney and Urouge will join Luffy and Law's alliance.After all, they seem to be the only Supernovas that go solo for now, and Luffy and Law will need all the help they can gather to defeat Kaido and Big Mom. My bet is that they'll start off as villains, then pull off a Heel–Face Turn first, before being convinced to join the alliance.
- Might be very likely especially if Urounge is a Bilkan and finds out that Luffy defeated Enel the man who wiped them all out.
- Bonney is also likely because she said that she "would never forgive Blackbeard" and after the crushing defeat she suffered before the timeskip she'll realize that who better to ally with than another D. who hates Blackbeard just as much as her.
Zoro will fight and defeat JackLuffy says he's going with Pekoms to pick up Sanji. As the only one of the monster trio available... The duty of defeating the enemy boss falls to Zoro.
- As of the end of chapter 819, however, Jack is coming back to Zou while Luffy is discussing his plans with friends and allies. Unless his fleet just stays around undetected for the time being, striking only after Luffy and Pekoms leave, he may be the true "test of strenght" for the Strawhats before going against the Yonkou for real.
- And as of the end of chapter 821, after getting crushed under Zunisha's massive trunk, it doesn't really look like Jack's going to be fighting anybody ever again. There's still a chance, you know, if he turns up alive and then happens to fight Zoro later on; but, he almost certainly won't be fighting him in this arc.
The Shogun of Wano will be a "goofy" characterAs you know, it's usually anybody's guess whether a new One Piece character will look badass or totally silly. Since Kaido is already threatening looking enough, I suspect the shogun of Wano will have a crazy Gonk appearance not unlike Raizo.
Robin will be captured again, eventuallyWhile I think it'll be a much briefer affair than the whole Enies Lobby situation, it's possible Robin might be taken by one of the Emperors seeing as how she's the last piece to the puzzle if they want to find One Piece. In any case, I felt strong "What Could Possibly Go Wrong?" vibes when the crew declared they'd never let her get taken...
Kaido's zoan devil fruit allows to take the form of....THE CTHULHU!!!!!!!
Shanks has the final Road PoneglyphHe found it long ago and keeps it hidden, waiting for someone worthy of getting it. After the Strawhats will beat Big Mom and Kaido and get the two Poneglyphs in their possession, it will be finally time for him and his crew to test them.
Zoro will use Asura on JackZoro hasn't been seen using Asura since before the timeskip, probably because he has yet to fight anybody on his level in the New World. If a one billion berry bounty man doesn't force Zoro to finally bring out the big guns, I don't know who will.
- Looks like as of 821, Jack got crushed by Zunisha.
Zunisha is Jack.
- What? Jossed.
- I'll introduce another stretch. It's stated that Zunisha has committed a crime, which could've involve the creation of the Zou Zou no Mi in some way. So maybe the fact that Jack came to Zou was a Laser-Guided Karma ?
Zunisha will eventually dieNow that Momonosuke has been shown to be able to issue commands to the colossal elephant, it's possibile that the entirety of Zou will be transported to Wano to aid in the efforts against Kaidou and the Shogun. However, either by Jack - we probably haven't seen the last of him - or just because of the incredible effort, Zunisha will be mortally wounded and/or fatigued, its last wish for the Minks to evacuate before it collapses; they will be probably welcomed to settle into a newly-opened Wano. Since Madame Shirley's prophecy back on Fishman Island, there has been a consistent theme of leaving isolation: Fishman Island will be destroyed - either for real or symbolically - and the sea people will go to the surface, Wano will open up to the outside world... so the Minks leaving their millennial isolation and integrating with humans feels like another step in that direction.
- The words spoken by the goat Mink at the beginning of chapter 822 seem to further support this theory.
A member of the Vinsmoke family has the Nagi Nagi no MiDoflamingo seems like the type to keep a fruit on him at all times just in case he happens to kill a Devil Fruit user, and who better to sell a fruit that makes the user project a field of silence to than a family of assassins?
Pluton, Uranus and Poseidon aren't the only ancient weapons.They're merely the only ones that are known to exist. Maybe more surviving weapons from the Void Century are still dormant in some way, whose existence, revealed by Poneglyphs, is either kept super-secret by the World Government or downright unknown to even them.
Vivi will be rejoining the crew...either as a permanent member or as a member in the Straw Hat Grand Fleet. Given that she's now on her way to Reverie with Chaka and Carue right as Kaido is about to unleash hell on the world, it seems like they'll be caught up in the battle, forcing them to become involved in some manner; since they're obviously not going to join Kaido, the logical choice is that they'll fight beside Luffy.
- Possible, but IMO unlikely. Although she is a close friend of the Straw Hats, Vivi remains a princess; leaving her country behind and losing her good favors with the World Government might not be the best course of action for Alabasta unless something extremely serious were to happen. Not to mention, strong though she may be, she's still a mostly non-combatant, so it's unlikely she'll be strong enough to keep up with the crew. But her temporarily traveling with the Straw Hats for another few arcs is possible.
Rebecca is NOT the beautiful-lady-swordswoman-with-meatShe will turn up eventually either as a samurai from Wano Kuni or or one of Big Mom's daughters
- I don't get it though, she WAS a beautiful-lady-swordsmen-with-meat in that situation...
- I know, I just that Rebecca had so much hype,but turn out to be a disappointment
- I'm just going to count this as jossed since Rebecca was indeed a beautiful-lady-swordsman-with-meat (regardless of her competence). There will probably be another one though.
Vivi and Cobra will find and awaken Pluton.And they'll get to use it in the final battle against Blackbeard; officially posing as a neutral third party, but secretly helping the Straw Hats, much like Hancock in Marineford.
There is a Devil Fruit with direct superiority to the Gum Gum FruitI'm surprised that this both hasn't been theorized yet and that it hasn't appeared in the story yet. Somewhere out there, somebody has a "stretchy" Devil Fruit that could be considered superior to Luffy's rubber powers. My money would be on a liquid metal Logia user.
- So far, Charlotte Katakuri seems to fit the bill. He's a Logia user that can change into a hard, stretchy, sticky substance that vaguely looks like Luffy when he uses Gear Third...
- Seeing as how the Mochi Mochi no mi (Katakuri's fruit) is being built up as "Luffy's, but better" (especially in chapter 879) I'm gonna go ahead and say this is basically Confirmed. Katakrui's fruit was [[Retcon retconned]] into a Paramecia as well, making it even more likely it could be considered the Gum Gum fruit's superior.
Hina is related to Jewelry BonneyMy only real basis for this is that they have pink hair... however, since Akainu was not only unusually calm when talking to Bonney but also talking as if he was very familiar with her, it seems she has some sort of connection to the Marines.
- Possible, but it begs the question as to why Akainu, who's pretty explicitly a murderous psychopath, would spare a relatively low-ranking subordinate's family member, when Sengoku, who is comparatively more merciful and reasonable, had no qualms about executing the grandchild of one of his closest friends and colleagues. I'm thinking that she's either a World Noble or possibly even Akainu's very own daughter. Maybe he's the father of both Hina and Bonney?
Either Carrot or Pedro will permanently join the Straw Hats.It's about time the main crew got expanded, and a powerful Mink like one of these two would be perfect. As for whichever of them could join, it's far too early to tell, though they both have chances for now; so far Pedro seems more powerful, knowledgeable and serious, but Carrot is a lot more energetic and funny, and a third girl in the crew wouldn't hurt.
Someone will crash the Reverie.Going with my above WMG, Big Mom could already be on her way to Mariejois with intentions of crashing in while the Reverie is going on, to capture most of the kings and nobles there with only a select few actually managing to avoid capture (Vivi, Rebecca and Mansherry, Stelly...). Of course, if this indeed happens, it could just as well be Kaido.
- Jossed at least the part with Big Mom crashing the Reverie since she is still on Whole Cake Island and shows no sign of leaving until the Wedding is over. Jury still out if anyone else will however.
Carrot will be the next Strawhat.Reason 1: To make the Straw Hats even more of a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits than they already are. Reason 2: The name Carrot itself is basically a gender-swapped version of the name Kakarot. A.K.A. Son Goku
- Reason 3: she would be not only a third girl in the crew, but also with a completely different personality than either Nami and Robin.
Ryuuma and Flare's respective descendents will make an appearance in the Wano Country arc.Whether they will play a major role, or just as a cameo and reference to Monsters, it seems possible that they'll appear (At least for Ryuuma, I'm not so sure about Flare).
Vivi and Cobra's ancestors were forced to hide the truth about the foundation of the World GovernmentThe Nefertaris were among the 20 founding families of the WG centuries ago but were the only family that decided to not move to Mariejois and become Celestial Dragons. Why? Maybe they were lied by their allies about the Ancient Kingdom, thinking they were eradicating an evil regime, or they realized the extent of their actions and were disgusted by themselves. Either way, they wanted to reveal the truth to the world at large but were threatened with the destruction of Alabasta by the newly formed Dragons, and were probably also forced to destroy any document that could lead to the truth. They, however, had later a part in the creation and posing of the Poneglyphs around the world.
During the Reverie, someone will make an attempt on Cobra's life, and may even be successfulAfter the timeskip Cobra is seen gravely ill, to the point he is confined to a wheelchair to go and attend the Reverie. All this while he intends to ask the World Government about ancient history, and we all know their attitude about the subject. Those are worrisome flags of a possible death of the character. Bonus points if the Ryugyu royals are framed for it, with basically the same consequences Hody's crazy plans would have caused.
Cobra is faking his illnessRelated to the above: his illness is just an act he's been preparing for a while. He's intended to ask the World Government some inconvenient questions for a long time, and he knows he may become a target for that. In a gamble to expose them, he's making everyone think he's very sick and so a very easy target. Most probably at least Chaka and Pell are on it; Vivi may or may not know, while Igaram is kept in the dark.
The Revolutionary Army vs Blackbeard fight...Ended in a tie with both groups going their separate ways, but the battle was so destructive that the base got destroyed in the process.
Carrot's inclusion in the "Sanji Rescue Team" is at least partly due to editorial mandateJust while the latest chapters of the Zou arc were running their course, Zootopia was released to great success, also in East Asia. Oda had several ideas for the Minks introduced so far, and was pondering who among them would ultimately accompany Luffy's group (the sequence of volunteers in chapter 822 is a nod to that) but, seeing the success of that movie starring a cute female rabbit, editors pushed for him to choose the cute female rabbit Mink.
- Not impossible, but IMO unlikely. It's possible that Oda was inspired by the movie, but considering how long in advance a mangaka must plan events ahead, I think it's simply a coincidence. Besides, I don't see why editors would push Oda to include Carrot like that, since Chopper fills the Kid-Appeal Character role marvelously already.
Jack is a Wotan.Despite being deep underwater, having a Devil Fruit and looking human, Jack is still conscious and alive (albeit unable to actually move), and has fishman traits. The only possible explanation IMO is that he's a Wotan, since they are half-giant, half-fishmen.
There's a traitor among the Ninja-Mink-Pirate AllianceInuarashi suspects that a Vivre Card was used by Jack to find Zou. Only the Minks, Raizo, and the Heart Pirates were on Zou when Jack got there. Since we all know Inu "suggesting" that a Vivre Card was used is Oda's way of saying "yeah, Jack definitely had a Vivre Card", the only two possible explanations is that they somehow got somebody's card without them knowing... or there's a traitor on Zou who gave it to them.
Purin has hypnotism powersSince she seems to be the three-eyed girl briefly seen at the time of Big Mom's introduction, just with hair covering the third eye, what if it gives her some ability (which may be connected to a Devil Fruit or not) to hypnotize people? Regardless of her being evil, or feeling exactly as Sanji about the marriage, the may come into play in the future.
- Jossed. Her power is somewhat similar to hypnotism since it involves affecting memories, but it's not quite the same thing.
The fight with Big Mom won't be solved through simple combatAfter wasting all the food in a single go, Luffy and his group face starvation. When they reach Sanji's wedding party, Luffy will be severely weakened; still strong enough to defeat any mook and most high-level lackeys, but not enough to stand against Big Mom. Just as things turn out badly for Luffy, Sanji will convince Big Mom to rather settle things with an eating contest, counting on her pride and insatiable appetite. The hungry Luffy will prove no match for her. The victory will gain, if not help, at least neutrality from Big Mom in the future, but could have the consequence of turning her into an Abhorrent Admirer of Luffy.
- Abhorrent Admirer? Big Mom is a Yonko, I imagine she's too mature and cynical to have that type of admiration for anybody, much less some rookie who threatened to kick her ass. Also, I'm sure the Straw Hats on the ship will fish and/or eat from the tangerine tree before they starve to that level.
- I realize having used the wrong trope: never thought a defeat would make Big Mom interested in Luffy in that way (that's hating the poor guy :p ) but that being defeated at what she apparently does best (eating) may bring her to admire and respect him - although I concede that, so far, she seems far from the type of character with whom Defeat Means Friendship would be applicable.
- There's definitely not going to be any wacky eating contest shenanigans at this point. There's going to be blood at this tea party and a lot of it.
- Jossed. There is a detailed plan the Straw Hats and friends are following that's more complicated than just beating her up, but overall, violence has still been the answer.
All the members of the former CP 9 will be captured and executed. Except for Rob Lucci.Much to Spandam's glee, in the process,enabling him to rise up in the ranks.
- But what's the point bringing CP 9 back into the story only to kill them?
- Rob Lucci did survive and now he's in charge of CP 0 . . .
- Also when Lucci made his appearance post-timeskip he was talking to someone via Den Den Mushi who has a similar speech patterns to Kaku.
Luffy is, in fact, related to Ace by blood.
- However, it's through his mother instead of his father.
- Wouldn't be surprised if all the the D are related
Carrot will eat a reborn Yuki Yuki no MiDisclaimer: this theory was not originally conceived by myself but by youtuber Rogersbase. We know that when the user of a Devil Fruit dies, such fruit is immediately reborn somewhere, ready to give its power to someone else. So, since Monet is most certainly dead - we saw her heart being stabbed, after all - there must be a new Yuki Yuki no Mi somewhere. One of Monet's attacks consisted in a storm of bunny-shaped snow projectiles; Carrot has snow-white fur. By eating that fruit, she'd become a literal Snow Bunny! And after Sabo we wouldn't be surprised if the power of a fruit was passed to another character. Differently from Rogersbase, however, until we'll know for sure about how they work, I don't buy into the theory that Devil Fruits regenerate into a normal fruit (at least of the same type) that is nearby when the user dies, which leads to the idea that the new Yuki Yuki no Mi is among Nami's tangerines. I'd rather think the new fruit is in the hands of some underworld people and will be brought by the Vinsmokes among the gifts for Sanji's marriage. When Luffy and his group will infiltrate Big Mom's territory, they'll first look for food and Carrot won't even realize having eaten the Devil Fruit; she may fall in water and be rescued but, since she may have never learned to swim, nobody including herself will suspect, until a dangerous situation will make her new powers manifest.
- Not impossible, but a pretty huge stretch, especially in this manner. Devil Fruits do regenerate into a nearby fruit when its user dies; when Smiley died, his power was transferred immediately to a nearby apple, as Caesar Clown had placed a bunch of them close by for this very reason. It's impossible to tell until Devil Fruits are explained in greater detail, but Monet's fruit was more likely reincarnated into another of those apples than into one of Nami's tangerines, since the apples were closer to her than the Sunny was. Besides, Nami would have most likely found out earlier if one of her tangerines had turned into a Devil Fruit, since the trip from Punk Hazard to Dressrosa took a few days, and she remained on the Sunny most of the Dressrosa arc.
The Vinsmokes have access to at least one source of Devil FruitsWe still don't know how and where the Fruits originate, if there are plants they grow on, or places where they are transported by the sea (especially if Raftel was truly their original place)... but the Vinsmoke family somehow has access to one of those places. They sell the fruits they get from there through the criminal underworld they are connected to, so that some have also ended up outside the Grand Line, but the Vinsmokes also furnish the Marine and World Government at times, which would explain why so many high-ranking Marine officials are DF users, and why the Vinsmokes seem to have so much influence on the WG.
Sora is real.The Marines only took his fights against Germa 66 and twisted them into Marine propaganda, much like how Montblanc Noland's adventures were twisted into a tale of buffoonery and lies. The real Sora is still around, or at least has existed in the past, with his fights against Germa 66 affecting the present.
- All Myths Are True, it won't be a surprise if he was real. The real WMG is, who?
- Garp, he was the hero of marines after all.
- Maybe it's a she. One Piece needs more Action Girl.
- The user of the same DF used by Dragon. Sora = Sky, it's not farfetched since Dragon seems to have Air/Wind/Weather control ability.
The double six in Germa 66 may have been referring to the Vinsmoke family's unique eyebrowsWhich would make Sanji a natural opposite of his own family since birth, for his eyebrows are inverse of 66.
- Major credit going to this theory with the reveal that at least two of Sanji's siblings do indeed have the "66" eyebrows compared to his inverted ones.
- Possibly Jossed. Details are scarce at the moment, but Judge mentioned something about the Germa ruling over the North Blue for only "66 short days", so it's possible that's where the name really comes from.
Brook will be mistaken for SoraHe can run on water, an ability that's attributed to Sora too. At least Vito, who seems very knowledgeable about the Sora comic strip, may be shocked to see that not only Germa 66 is real.
Not only Sora really existed, but there's still at least one living descendantDifferently from Montblanc Cricket, who wanted to vindicate Noland's name, this one doesn't feel he/she's up to the name, regardless of whether all the feats attributed to him are real.
Sanji inherently has flame powers.Sanji's family seems to have a theme going on. His elder sister's "Poison Pink." Maybe his ability to flame on is a family thing?
- Possible as Niji has electrical powers, and The Reveal in chapter 840; all 5 Vinsmoke children are meant to be genetically engineered Super Soldier, however Sanji`s special DNA was inactive in childhood for some reason.
The events in Sora, Warrior of the Sea were switched around from the truth.In that while the comic portrays the Marines as the good guys and Germa 66 as the bad guys, the truth is reversed: the good guys are actually Germa 66. The comic is simply based on an incident or series of incidents that could prove disastrous to the Marines' reputation if the truth were to leak out, so they made this comic as a means of hiding what really happened. As for why the Germa 66 are apparently evil nowadays, I can think of two explanations: either Dark Is Not Evil, or Then Let Me Be Evil.
There will be Yonji x Purin insteadHe looked similar enough to Sanji. It'll probably be a quick progress in the relationship like Baby 5 x Sai.
- Seems possible for two main reasons now; Big Mom wants one of her daughters to marry a Vinsmoke, and Sanji wants to return to the crew. So, if Sanji gets away successfully, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch that Yonji or one of the other brothers would marry her instead.
- Well, they could fall in love, but Vinsmoke Judge makes it clear that he refuses to let any of his other sons marry into Big Mom's family.
- Also, Yonji is an asshole...
- ... But then it turns out Pudding is ALSO an asshole. It would be a match made in heaven (hell?) if it weren't for the fact that she plans on killing all of the Vinsmokes. So probably Jossed for now.
- Funnily enough, Yonji does say that he wouldn't mind marrying Pudding after he sees how attractive she is...
- Jossed for sure now. Pudding eventually firmly commits to Sanji.
Don Krieg is a former admiral Of Germa 66Don Krieg was one of the admirals of Germa 66's navy forces as well as the weapon specialist for the army.One day he went rogue took a navy ship, along with it's men and vast weaponry and head to the Grand Line to find One Piece and become Pirate King, until days later his entire ship was suddenly slice in half as though by giant, invisible sword and swallowed by a giant whirlpool. Krieg was drifting at sea on a lifeboat until he was picked up by a marine ship. The pirate repaid this act of kindness by killing the captain, hijacking the ship, to resume his conquest and pillaging, where he eventually built his armada of 5000 men and head out to the Grand Line once again....only to be worfed once again by the same mysterious forces.
- Doubt it, pretty sure the Germa Kingdom only allows Vinsmoke blood to be commanders in their army. And besides, Krieg is way too weak to be an admiral of Germa 66 seeing as how he couldn't even handle a beginning-of-series Luffy.
Kin'emon will actually become Momonosuke's adoptive father by the end of the Wano arc.After all, they played the part of father and son for a while, they're similar despite not being blood related, and Momo needs someone to raise him, doesn't he? Kin'emon seems like the perfect guy to fill that role.
There is a three-eyed tribe in the OP worldOk. So. The three-eyed girl. Since Pudding says she has 38 sisters, it's looking more like this infamous 3-eyed girl we saw years ago is actually one of her siblings. So, the easy guess now would be that one of Big Mom's 43 husbands was from a 3-eyed tribe, and that's where this girl came from. I'm not exactly ruling out the possibility that it could still be Pudding though.
- It is Pudding, though whether her father was a three eyed man or her third eye came from a Devil Fruit is yet to be seen.
- Looking very likely at this point; there almost has to be a three eyed tribe because her Devil Fruit seems to be unrelated to her eye.
- Confirmed in chapter 853.
Sanji will kick Big Mom pretty.If and when Sanji actually does meet Big Mom, he will probably be horrified with what she looks like. And so, in a Batman Grabs a Gun moment, he will kick her face until she's beautiful. Of course, it might just make her look the way she did when she was younger. At least then he won't be as hesitant to marry her daughter when the time is right.
- Probably pre-jossed. We finally get the origins on his chivalry in chapter 842, and looking at the context, it's now even more unlikely he'd turn back on his values for any reason.
- Jossed for sure now.
Totland arc is a shout out to Spirited Away
- Big Mam is a Composite Character : Her appearance is like Yubaba/the evil witch. Just like Boh, she acted like big crybaby. Just like No Face, she is consumed with greed and cannot helped herself.
- There will be a Sen character, which probably will be Sanji and Chopper. Just like Sen entered the contract with the witch, Sanji will eventually be employed as a cook.
- Just like Sen healing Haku with the medicine, Chopper will heal Big Mam by putting the medicine in her food. Alternatively, it could be that Chopper getting eaten on purpose and healing her from the inside. Big Mam will rage during the 'healing' process, while Luffy and others tried to stop her.
- There is WMG on Spirited Away page saying Yubaba and Zeniba is the same person. Once she was healed, Big Mam's personality would be more like Zenibaba, a kind old woman.
- Bonus point if there is a Secret Test of Character in some point of the story. Just like No Face tried to offer golds to Sen, someone will try to offer golds to Nami, and she will refuse.
- Alternatively, it already did. Just like Sen didn't look back at the end, Luffy kept moving forwards. Sanji was tempted by a beautiful girl, but he refused the wedding.
- More paralel: Just like Yubaba asking for the names, Big Mom's asking for the souls.
Brook will be essential in defeating Big Mom.He'll be captured and she'll try to absorb his life. Since Brook is already dead (YOHOHOHOHO), it will knock her out or leave her comatose.
- Another way could be that Big Mom knew Brook before his demise (in fact, she was a fangirl of his group) and realizing that Brook is her idol from back then (because his new persona of Soul King is completely different) she gets stunned long enough for others to deliver her a hard blow
- Well, you're close so far, as the latest info makes it seem like Brook will be essential to stealing her road poneglyph. Which probably counts as "defeating her".
- Though the "Big Mom was a fan of Brook" part is jossed from the get-go, as Brook never performed publicly (Let alone had a band, for that matter) when he was alive. He was a musician and a pirate, and didn't start achieving stardom until the Time Skip.
- Confirmed; taking the Road Poneglyph is easily one of the worst blows the Straw Hat's gave her, arguably even more than just beating her in a fight.
- Even better, later on he triggers Big Mom's Weaksauce Weakness by breaking the picture of Mother Caramel.
The One Piece is exactly that. One Piece.But what is it one piece of? Either the true ultimate devil fruit, or the Rio Poneglyph. Either way, there's 6 pieces, one of which is found on Raftel, and the other 5 are found on Islands similar to Raftel, with one each in the North Blue, East Blue, etc, and the last piece being either on an undiscovered island in the Grand Line or in the All Blue.
- Whatever it is, I guess there will be a Title Drop when they do find One Piece.
There is a Fourth category of Devil FruitAll of the Devil Fruits in the fourth category are related to Haki in some way, with only four total fruits in the category, one for each type of Haki, with the Fruit names being; the Haki-Haki no Mi Model: Kenbunshoku, the Haki-Haki no Mi Model: Busoshoku, the Haki-Haki no Mi Model: Haoshoku, and the Haki-Haki no Mi Model: Ultimate. The main thing preventing these from potentially being Paramecia types is that they have their own unique set of weaknesses and only effect the user's Haki capabilities, as each one would strengthen their respective type of Haki, while the Haki-Haki no Mi Model: Ultimate combines the effects of all three into one fruit. The unique downside would be that just EATING one of these three shortens the user's lifespan, and the ultimate (fourth) one would greatly shorten the users life.
Sanji and Yonji fought (or will fight) over NamiIt only makes the most sense in the world that Yonji was probably drooling over Nami's bounty poster and Sanji kicked his ass for it. And if it didn't already happen, it will in the future.
- Jossed, they do fight, but not over Nami.
Jajji has the same eyebrows as SanjiSharing this theory from Rogersbase on Youtube. Basically, the idea is that the true heir/purest member/destined leader of the Germa 66 is actually born with the @_ @_ eyebrows instead of the _@ _@ brows; Jajji's eyebrows being covered by the helmet is Oda's way of hiding it. Now, I believe that Sanji had the most pressure placed on him as a child due to this fact, and it's one of the reasons he left. After all, there has to be something that Jajji did specifically to Sanji alone and not his siblings since the others seem to have no issues with him.
- The eyebrow part isn't confirmed yet, but the rest is jossed to hell. Sanji hates his family's guts because he was repeatedly bullied and beaten up as a child due to being the black sheep of the family, and a disgrace to his family name. So much for the "true heir" theory.
- Don't rush with completely jossing this one! Sanji was born as one of quadruplets - even though he's been aligned a number 3 (probably the birth order), he has rights to challenge his brothers to the position. But as with the eyebrows, maybe when Jajji realised that Sanji is the 'true heir' due to his eyebrows, he proclaimed his intention to his brothers, who started to bully him viciously because of jealousy. Jajji did not help Sanji, because he wanted him to learn 'fight his own fights'. It's also mentioned he trained him with sword and put him in iron mask in the dungeon probably to 'prime' him as a warrior. (Yeah, crazy guy thought he's doing the right thing or something...)
- But the problem here is "intention". Jajji sees his son as nothing more than a means to an end, a tool he used to ally with Big Mom because he didn't want to marry one of his other precious sons to her; hell, he doesn't even view Sanji as a son at all. If Sanji really was the "true heir" to the Vinsmoke family (whatever that means), Jajji and Sanji's brothers wouldn't have been such assholes to him; they simply would have been harsh but somewhat loving, to prevent him from rebelling and thus waste his potential. Besides, Sanji doesn't even want anything to do with his family or the Germa, let alone rule over them. Even if he really was the "true heir", he wouldn't act upon it.
- The point of this WMG is that Judge has the same eyebrow as Sanji, since Judge lost his helmet in the latest chapter we will know soon enough. I personally believe this to be the case, Judge to me is a character much more complex than what was shown on the surface, his talk of a 300 hundred years dream/grudge of his people tells me that his ambition was not his alone, the idea might very well have been beaten into his lineage by his ancestors and pass down from one king to the next through ruthless discipline from father to son. Being a man of a proud lineage yet resort to modifying his children and to achieve their dream must have taken remarkable resolve on his part, maybe his discovery of lineage factors convinced him that his lineage is not the genetic superior that he and his ancestors believed to be, then he convinced himself that sacrificing everything: emotions, morals, and even their very lineage is the only way they will come out on top in this world ruled by the strong, thus the Vinsmokes swallow their pride as rulers, work as assassins and dogs of war, walking the earth with no land to call their own, even changing who they are through modification and cloning to bide time and gather strength to one day regain what they've lost. Being heavily modified, it is very possible that the other Vinsmoke children resemble Judge, a man of pure blood, less and less, while Sanji, by the merit of being unaltered, look closest to Judge. This would also explain why Judge hates Sanji so much, for Sanji is the symbol of the sacrifice Judge had chosen to make, not only that but Sanji being the weakest of his sibling proved (seemingly) that his bloodline in its purest form is indeed inferior, and that Judge made the right call in sacrificing what he was for his dream. Sanji will prove Judge wrong, not only by becoming the strongest of the Vinsmoke line, but by achieving more than his ancestor's vision by holding firm onto his humanity and dream, thus embodying the truest form of strength envisioned in Vinsmoke's own ideal.
- Don't rush with completely jossing this one! Sanji was born as one of quadruplets - even though he's been aligned a number 3 (probably the birth order), he has rights to challenge his brothers to the position. But as with the eyebrows, maybe when Jajji realised that Sanji is the 'true heir' due to his eyebrows, he proclaimed his intention to his brothers, who started to bully him viciously because of jealousy. Jajji did not help Sanji, because he wanted him to learn 'fight his own fights'. It's also mentioned he trained him with sword and put him in iron mask in the dungeon probably to 'prime' him as a warrior. (Yeah, crazy guy thought he's doing the right thing or something...)
Luffy's bounty will rise again after the Totland Arc is overDespite the fact that it only just went up, keep in mind that Luffy is messing with Emperors now and there's a very real possibility that his bounty could jump to over a billion if he actually manages to cause any lasting damage to Big Mom. In fact, I feel as though even so much as taking out Germa 66 will warrant at least a 200,000,000 increase to his current amount.
- Confirmed in chapter 903, and indeed, it rose over a billion.
Sanji's brothers are cyborgsYonji was being fixed in some sort of mechanical workshop rather than a hospital, so it's likely he's got some sort of mechanical components to him. His facial injury from Sanji was also very inhuman looking; it looked more like dented metal than broken bones. As for the other ones, when Sanji punched Ichiji as a child, it made a "clang" sound effect, which could only mean that he must have metal plating under his skin. As for why Sanji himself isn't a cyborg, it's simple; Judge saw he was weak as child and chose not to have him modified since he thought he'd be "useless" anyway.
- Very close, but no dice. The Reveal in chapter 840 all 5 Vinsmoke children are meant to be genetically engineered Super Soldiers, however Sanji`s special DNA is inactive for some reason.
Pudding will fight Reiju, and Nami will fight BruleeThis of course is assuming that Pudding was faking being weak to the Straw Hats and is actually fairly powerful. Anyway, regardless, she'll be on their side eventually and (since I still believe she's joining the crew) will need somebody to fight with. So... enter Reiju. How ironic would it be if Reiju, who considers Pudding a "sweetheart", ends up getting her ass kicked by her? And if Pudding is truly a good person, she'll take offense to Reiju's behavior involving Sanji and want to fight her. Then there's Nami who hasn't gotten a 1 on 1 fight in about 10 years. She's long overdue, and though I also think she'd be a good match for Reiju symbolically, I believe Nami will fight Brulee. Since Nami can become invisible and make mirages, she should be the only one capable of getting past Brulee's tricks.
- Confirmed for Nami fighting Brulee, we have yet to see about Pudding.
- Given that Reiju seems to be Good All Along, it's looking less and less likely that she'll be fighting against the heroes.
- And with the revelation that Pudding is evil, not only is this Jossed, but it's looking like Reiju is going to fight alongside the Straw Hats.
- Well actually... the reasoning is off yeah... but since Pudding is still against the Vinsmokes is still possible she'll fight Reiju. Hell, technically she already has fought her as far as we can tell...
The original home island of the Vinsmokes was destroyed by a Buster CallIn a distant past (we are talking many decades, if not a few centuries ago), the World Government or an Admiral ordered the destruction of the island from where the Vinsmokes originated; maybe they thought they had become too powerful in their attempt to reign on the North Blue alone. The royals and at least part of the population managed to save themselves however, and they turned to piracy both for survival and revenge, creating the Germa 66 and its legend over time. A long time later, the World Government readmitted the Vinsmokes, possibly because they got their hands on some secret; they probably offered them a new land too, but the Vinsmokes refused, preferring to be a reign without a stable place. Although they are technically part of the WG today, since they are also admitted to the Reverie, the Vinsmokes still harbor a deep resentment, as Jajji's dream of restoring their power over the North Blue shows, and for this reason they seek an alliance with Big Mom, a pirate Emperor. For this reason, after their defeat at the hands of the Straw Hats, the Vinsmokes may become allies on an Enemy Mine ground.
Caesar Clown will be forced to make an Enemy Mine situation with the Straw Hats.He's way too much of an asshole to join their crew, not to mention the fact they both hate each other's guts, but he's just as neck-deep in shit as the Straw Hats, so both parties may have to swallow their pride and temporarily work together in the future, with their truce ending the second Big Mom is off their backs. Of course, if this happens, I also predict Caesar trying to back-stab the Straw Hats at some point, but still.
There isn't just one mink traitor affiliated with Beasts PiratesOn chapter 824 Inuarashi shares with Wanda his fear that there is probably a mink on Zou who helped Jack's ship to reach Zunisha via vivre card as well as peddle informations like Raizou's presence on the wandering island. I find kind of weird Wanda and Bariete's exchange in those pages; during the whole Zou arc Bariete has been acting in a pretty suspicious way. He has been seen shivering or reacting in exaggerated ways in more than one occasion and we learn, after Carrot's departure with the Strawhats, how easily he gets bribed with one or two bananas. When he eventually reveals Wanda where Carrot went, his line about the rabbit mink "not wanting to betray Wanda" followed by the dog mink's gesture to shut him up the situation can be pretty much considered suspect. Chapter 809's color spread also have three monkeys making the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" gestures which can be also connected to the code of silence. Carrot has a few shady characteristics as well since her first apparition. Together with Wanda she is the only mink seen without bandages or serious wounds after Jack's attack when Luffy's group reaches Zou and she's instantly acting violently against them. On the Thousand Sunny Pedro claims that Carrot is in fact stronger than the Strawhat's average and Chopper states that when Carrot attacks Luffy for eating her carrot "she almost got him" by cutting off his jugular. So she knows exactly what to do to and where to aim to kill someone... She's a rabbit. Rabbits are preys, not predators. Her departure from Zou along with Luffy and friends is pretty weird and mostly unexplained as well. If we also point out that Pedro's name is the same as a certain card game along with Jack and Sheepshead and that since his arrival in Totto Land he as been recognized by random or fairly important people (see Tamago) given his mysterious past than we have four suspect minks from Zou.
- Bonus: this last arc seems to have a few reminders of Enies Lobby's arc given a companion's separation from the crew, Strawhats coming to save him, handcuffs keys to find and an assassin's organization to beat. Enies Lobby has the biggest and, I dare to say, the truest betrayal in the whole One Piece series since every other traitor in the story turned out to be forced to do that or something similar. This betrayal had these new characters sided with the arc's new allies who altogether turned Evil All Along.
- The idea of several Mink traitors from Zou is already unlikely as hell (Even Pekoms was grateful to the Straw Hats for saving Zou, despite being an enemy), but this is especially impossible and farfetched. If Carrot's departure from Zou qualifies as "suspicious" on the grounds of being weird and so-called "unexplained", pretty much every single character in the entire manga is suspicious too. She snuck out of Zou because she wanted to tag along with her friends and saviours, and finally see more of the world than just Zou. Her attacking Luffy when he ate her carrot is a funny quirk (Are we going to consider the Straw Hats suspicious because they keep beating Luffy up?), her and Wanda's lack of wounds is easily explained by them being strong warriors who managed to avoid torture (Are we otherwise considering that every single Mink is suspicious on the grounds of not being injured?), Bariete's behavior is nothing more than character quirks, and Pedro sharing a name with a card game is mere coincidence at this point (Are we going to assume Ace was a member of Jack's pirate crew too?). Even if there is one or more mink traitors, the odds of them being on Zou are unlikely as hell, and the chances of Carrot, Wanda or Bariete being among those traitors is zero.
Lola is Chiffon's twin sisterHer name is shortened from Roulade
- Confirmed in Chapter 835 to be sisters, no further information about the twins part yet.
- And now Confirmed in Chapter 858 to indeed be twins, with Lola being the younger one.
A Strawhat will just randomly stumble on the lost Road PoneglyphA Straw Hat, most likely Luffy himself, will find the lost road poneglyph during the adventure in a totally random way. If I had to guess, I'd say Luffy will probably fall into a cavern or something after his usual destructive shenanigans and BAM, it'll just be sitting right there.
- It'll probably be Zoro that finds it, the guy got lost in a straight hallway somehow and ended up in the opposite direction. If they're trying to find something that's lost all they should do is tie a string around him and turn him loose.
Blackbeard will obtain the lost Road Poneglyph firstThus meaning that Luffy will have no choice but to fight him directly if he wants the One Piece.
Kid lost his arm to Big MomSpecifically, he was captured by her when he tried to invade her territory and in order to leave he had to pay his price via her punishment wheel- and his arm was the cost of being allowed to exit.
- Still possible that she took the arm, but the spinning wheel route is Jossed; if you spin it at all, it's actually rigged to be fatal.
Dragon has UranusAll of the Ancient Weapons have been named after and resemble the powers of Greco-Roman gods. Pluton, named after Pluto, the god of the dead, is a warship capable of sinking islands, causing much death. Poseidon, named after Poseidon, the god of the sea, is able to control the Sea Kings. Uranus was the Primordial that personified the sky, which leads me to believe that Uranus has the ability to control the weather. When Dragon made his first appearance back in Loguetown, the weather spontaneously shifted, which leads me to the conclusion that he was responsible for it, and that he used Uranus to do it.
- A theorist on YouTube ShadowFlame said the same thing, however, they also pointed out that, during the Lougetown arc in the manga Dragon himself is holding on so not to be blown away by the wind, if he was responsible via devil fruit or haki it would be coming from him, not affecting him, the anime does not show this, instead showing the wind coming from the skies above lougetown.
Some things that may transpire during Sanji's wedding...
- 1. Big Mom may, in order to solidify her pact with Vinsmokes, have chosen her other children to 'woo' the rest of the siblings (notice in Chapter 838 how much she enquires about the boys arrival from Broc Coli), knowing how perverted Vinsmokes are. She will do this, as she probably realised that Sanji is the 'expendable' one to Judge, so she wants to frame him even more into the pact.
- 2. There will be a problem with matching either Ichiji or Niji with Big Mom's daughters as one of them...is either Straight Gay or Bi the Way.
- 3. If a fight ensues during the wedding, Judge will realise the extend of Big Mom's power and will become so love-struck with her (being a Combat Pragmatist and all) that he'll propose to her in the middle of the fight, which in turn will 'turn on' Big Mom so much that she will agree and marry him immediately (one can wonder what made her marry her previous husbands, so that may not be a stretch..). That will solve everything and Sanji won't have to marry Pudding anymore!
- 4. Okamas will arrive with Ivankov and he'll mess up people's genders! (For lulz and drama)
- None of the above are happening: Pudding plans on murdering everyone there save for her family.
Sanji's mother is a programmer
- It was her idea to name her children starting from zero (Rei).
- Jossed, she didn't seem to be any kind of scientist in Sanji's flashback.
Kuma might have a connection with the Lineage Factor research headed by Vegapunk and Judge.He and the Pacifista project have a certain similarities with the Vinsmoke Children and the Germa army, it makes sense for Vegapunk being used by the world government to continue his research after capturing him just like Judge did, but he came to a different conclusion: cyborgs rather than genetically enhanced super soldiers, more stable and easier to control maybe? Kuma could have been a prototype clone who escaped and joined the revolutionaries with the ability to be cybernetically enhanced indefinitely without the risk of rejection, and that the reason why he collaborates with the world government despite hating them with a passion was because he found out that he was a clone and that they were holding all his brothers (the other clones) hostage, so he has to work with the similarly captured Vegapunk to fake compliance until they can figure out how to liberate themselves.
Reiju will pull a Heel–Face Turn.After all, she only participated in laughing at Sanji because she would otherwise be bullied herself; maybe she does genuinely care for him after all, and will gain the strength and backbone to stand up to her other brothers after seeing more of Sanji's kindness and resolve.
- Given that she's been revealed to be more and more benevolent in every chapter, I'd wager this is extremely likely.
- Pretty much solidly Confirmed in chapter 852.
The World Goverments Pacifista`s are clonesAs Chapter 840 reveals all Vinsmoke soldiers are cloned from their best serving men. It is also revealed Judge Vinsmoke worked with Vegapunk on the project, but the World Government, stopped their project and arrested Vegapunk on the basis that No Man Should Have This Power Being the World Government, who else thinks the only wanted that power to themselves?
- Ehh... We've already seen the Pacifista blow up like robots along with a confirmation that they're made from corpses a la Frankenstein's monster. But I guess we'll see.
- They were made from corpses? What chapter is this information presented? I must have missed it, thanks in advance.
- I can't find the exact chapter, but it's mentioned on the One Piece wiki on the Pacifista article.
- I can't find it on the page nor the manga itself, are you sure about this?
- Pretty sure, yes. It's mentioned under the Appearance header on the wiki page. But it doesn't matter. We'll most likely see what the manga says about this once we see the Pacifista again.
- Ah, found it on the wikia finally, but no citation from either the SBS nor the manga itself, so it is still just assumptions at this point, we shall wait and see.
- Ehh... We've already seen the Pacifista blow up like robots along with a confirmation that they're made from corpses a la Frankenstein's monster. But I guess we'll see.
The Vinsmoke kids are essentially Devil Fruit users, but without the weaknessesBasically, whatever alterations Judge made to his kids' DNA (called Lineage Factor in universe) is exactly what a Devil Fruit does to its eater naturally. That's why Niji can produce electricity out of nowhere, and it's the basis of Reiju's powers. So they're like devil fruit users who were created without the need to eat a devil fruit. This also means that they retained the ability to swim and are immune to sea-stone. Finally, this is the truth behind their swirly eyebrows; the reason they look a lot like the spirals on Devil Fruits is because their DNA has been crossed with the powers of the Devils themselves.
- That would actually make a lot of sense!! If you look at Mera Mera no Mi◊, it's pattern goes the same way as Sanji's eyebrows (who's Incendiary Exponent), wow...
- And there's another crazy detail in support of this theory in chapter 840!! In 5th panel, young Sanji is reading books - one he holds is about 'Noland the Liar' but the one next to him? 悪魔の実図鑑 - Akuma no Mi Zukan, the Devil Fruit Encyclopaedia! Also they used to belong to his mother...hmm
Vinsmoke's Devil Fruit guessesEach Vinsmokes (except Sanji) ate devil fruit that matches their colorful epithet.
- "Garuda" Jaji ate the Tori Tori no Mi Model Garuda: Judge is a mythical zoan who can transform into the legendary King Of the Birds, the Garuda, with additional abilities such as high-speed flight, enhacne strength, change his size,control fire etc.
- "Poison Pink" Reiju ate the Chou Chou no Mi Model Monarch Butterfly.Reiju can transform into the monarch butterfly, with additional abilities such as flight, and sucking poisonous substance with suffering any side-effects
- "Sparkling Red" Ichiji ate the Wain Wain no Mi: Ichi can transform,generate and manipulate red wine .
- Jossed, Ichiji's powers (if they're even from a Devil Fruit at all) revolve around fireworks. Also, his epithet is "Sparking" red, not sparkling. No L.
- "Electric Blue" Niji ate the Biri Biri no Mi: Like Eneru, Niji can manipulate and generate electricity,listen to sound waves, and ravel thorough conductive materials such as wood or gold, with the only exception that he can only go up to 60 million volts.
- "Winch Green" Yonji ate the Budo Bduo no Mi: Yonji can control plant vines and use them to strangle his opponents to death, similar to a boa constrictor
- At least one of these is Jossed already. We know that Yonji can't be a Devil Fruit user (at least not a traditional one) because Reiju kicked him into the ocean and he got out on his own.
Sanji will defeat a Vinsmoke with a punchZeff once punched Sanji rather than kick him to express how much he really wanted Sanji to go out and follow his dreams. So, with his mentor in mind, it's possible Sanji will mirror that passion by breaking one of his principles for the very special occasion of laying out one of his horrible family members. My money is on Judge or Niji at this point.
- Bonus point if he defeated them in one-punch.
- Jossed, they end up not fighting in the end.
Judge DOES love his wife
- However her death made him the person he is now. Despite the lack of romance in One Piece, Oda's fond including this in flashback, like the Kyros story and Tesoro's background.
- If this guess is true, I'm going to extend this is the same with Dragon's background. Luffy's mother's death driven him to do revolution, and he left Luffy behind for safety.
- Seemingly Confirmed by chapter 852. Even though we only see them arguing, Reiju implies that Judge only really started to get hard on Sanji because he blamed him for his wife's death.
We'll learn more about Strawhats background and origin
- After timeskip, we suddenly learned about Luffy's background with his brothers (we don't even know Sabo existed beforehand).
- We also learned Sanji's backstory in WCI arc (we don't even know his family existed before).
- Judging by the pattern, we will learn of Zoro's background in Wano arc. Other strawhats extended background :
- Nami's possible biological parents.
- Robin's father, whose legacy was continued by Olvia.
- Franky's parents. He was thrown off from the pirate ship after all.
- Brook's background before he was a pirate, as a soldier in a certain kingdom.
- I couldn't think of anything for Chopper or Usopp. I think their backstory is clear, they just need character development.
- Chopper might pull something like Usopp in Water Seven... if Luffy contract the same disease that Roger had and he cannot healed him.
Reiju bails Sanji out in the flashbackShe's the only one who's sympathetic to Sanji out of all their siblings and he "suddenly disappeared" one night. The only person who'd give a shit about Sanji's well-being that has been introduced so far would be her.
- Confirmed in chapter 841
Sanji will defeat all three of his brothers- possibly at the same timeAfter being jumped by them and unable to defend himself due to their hold on Zeff, I'm convinced that Sanji is going to wreck all three of them as soon as Germa 66 can't get to Zeff. In fact, he might beat all of them at once. Yonji will be easy, we already know that. Niji might be more of a challenge and I think Ichiji definitely will, but he can take them. Oh, and beating 3 people at the same time just adds to his 3 motif.
Sanji will protect ReijuAt some point, the Vinsmoke will turn against her (maybe she pull a face heel turn, or suspected betraying the family). Sanji has some chivalry code, my guess is he is actually angry at himself since he was always helped by her during the childhood instead of the other way around. The recent arc would be a good time to show off his gratitude.
- I'm expecting it like a parallel with Luffy and Ace. Ace was always stronger in the past, but in the end, it's Luffy who saved him instead. Minus death, of course.
- As of 852, this is extremely likely considering he outright says he doesn't want her to die alongside the rest of their family.
- Confirmed, though in a different scenario. He directly blocks an attack from Big Mom (alongside Luffy) that was meant for Reiju.
Sanji is (indirectly) responsible for his mother's deathThis is kinda recycling from Chopper's background story (note: he was kicked out from his herd too)
- Originally, Sanji's mom was going to die from the illness anyway. Sanji tried his hard to cook a food. It is noted by the maid it was awful. She decided to eat it anyway to make him happy. Unknown to him, she had an allergy to the food that make her condition worse. Judge found out about this later on, but he didn't tell Sanji. He did held grudge towards his son.
- The original guess is confirmed, but the details are jossed.
Sanji's siblings' genetic modification will manifest bad side effectsWhen Sanji will be finally able to fight his brothers freely, their strenght and abilities will be put to a strain never experienced since the genetic enhancement as kids, causing a sudden and painful cellular degeneration. Sanji's true strenght will be revealed to be his body having rejected the artificial enhancements. The only way Judge and his scientists will have to save them, will be to be Brought Down to Normal, a lesson that would greatly humble both Judge and the boys.
Charlotte Cracker will accidentally provide the means Luffy needs to defeat him.In Chapter 841, we see that Luffy has taken the decidedly insane plan to just eat as much of Cracker's biscuits as he can. Luffy is actually up to something: He has another power-up planned, which needs a vast amount of energy. And to gather that energy, he has to eat absurd amounts of food. It may be Fifth Gear, it may be a variant of Fourth Gear, or it may be something else entirely. But I think Luffy is going to use a very high-energy move that will be near-unstoppable but will burn through all the calories Luffy has taken in through Cracker's biscuits.
- Confirmed, although not in the way stated here. Luffy actually just activates Gear 4th with the balloon belly and all, dubs it "Tank Man", and blows Cracker away in an instant. All because Cracker filled him up with the biscuits.
There will be a massive falling out between Big Mom and Vinsmoke Judge.They have opposite opinions of people who cook: Judge considers chefs almost as slaves and his sons treat them as subhuman, whereas Big Mom, being a Big Eater, has the utmost respect for them, and she and her family treat them as valuable. This will come to the forefront considering both Sanji and Pudding are chefs.
- Looking pretty likely right now, though probably not for the reason cited above. Big Mom reveals that she doesn't actually like the Vinsmokes and she's briefly becomes enraged at Judge when he asks her about Giants. Even later on, Judge and his sons casually talk about Sanji not really being one of them and they scheme against Big Mom... all while unaware that Big Mom's Animate Inanimate Objects are listening to every word.
- Confirmed, pretty much: the Charlotte family's plans to kill the entire Vinsmoke family and take over their science and technology can't lead to anything good between them.
There is a relatively slim version of Gear FourthSo we have two versions of Gear 4th now; Boundman is a balance of power, speed, and defense while Tankman focuses on further enhancing power and defense and gives up speed (I assume). So, to balance it out, there must also a Gear Fourth form that focuses on power and speed while sacrificing defense (IE No balloon belly). But to make up for the missing balloon belly, this form must be fast. I'm talking really, really fast. Like faster than anything we've seen in One Piece to this point aside from Kizaru. I don't expect him to be skinny because that goes against the point of the muscle balloon, but perhaps he beefs up his lower half rather than the upper half.
- Confirmed in chapter 895.
Sanji's cool-but-impossible powers will be revealed to be (partly) part of his genetic enhancementsWith the stuff such as igniting his whole body or running across the skies, Oda just wants to throw you off by passing them as "ridiculously funny" due to their supposed origins (i.e remembering his time in "hell" and being constantly running around respectively). But then he is revealed to have been genetically enhanced, although he didn't perform well in childhood and thus never show any special abilities from it. It can be assumed that he's simply a (very) late bloomer that needs the "right" kind of environment and training for his ability to manifest. Suddenly those ridiculous powers seem not as ridiculous.
Sanji will awaken Conqueror's Haki in the Totland ArcIn a twist of pretty much everybody's expectations, Sanji will unlock his Conqueror's Haki before Zoro does. He's certainly got the willpower to possess it, and it's only fitting in an arc that focuses so heavily on him that he'd unlock his ultimate potential by the end.
By the end of Totland arc...
- Vinsmoke family would be another allies to Strawhats. This is necessary for plot sake. By the final war, the Strawhats likely needs as much allies as possible.
- Judge will pull a heel face turn.
- Reiju will be the true successor for the family. This is a similar to Arabasta, Fishman Island and Dressrosa, a kingdom that being allied with Strawhats, with a princess befriending the strawhats.
- The remaining three brothers will get kicked out from the family and get a cover page story.
- I would be truly and utterly shocked if Judge pulled a heel face turn...
- Well this is WMG. Let's follow the pattern : Cobra, held hostage during Arabasta takeover. King Neptune, also held in chain during Fishman arc. Dressrosa, the king got framed. I'm going to throw my chance that Judge is simply defeated by someone (Sanji, Luffy, or someone else) that once he was incapacitated, the real common enemy shows up (Big Mam or some other party) that he had no choice but to work along with Strawhats. It's not so much he turned good as he simply just ended up no longer being enemy.
- It's possible now that we know they have an Enemy Mine situation going on with the Straw Hats vs. the Charlotte Family.
- The Vinsmokes do end up becoming allies. All of the other theories are Jossed, however (Judge helps the Straw Hats, but he doesn't exactly turn over a new leaf).
Sanji's three brothers...are staging a coup against Judge.
- This is based on nothing but reused plotline. Arabasta : People wanted revolution, manipulated by Crocodile. Fishman Island : Hody's gang are staging a coup. Dressrosa : Doflamingo takes over power. So far we haven't had power struggle from inside the royal family itself, and this would be a good chance for it.
- What if Reiju was severely injured, as we see her at the end of Chapter 849, by her brothers? The chapter opens with Judge asking his sons where Reiju is, and they reply they just don't know. Are they sincere or not?
- Actually, that was Yonji asking Niji where Reiju is.
Viola's pregnant with Doflamingo's childBased on SBS which imply there might be a relationship between the two.
- Probably Jossed. She reappears in the Reverie Arc and is visibly not pregnant, at least.
The Calm-Calm Fruit (Nagi-Nagi no mi) is the counter to the tremor-tremor fruitSince this fruit stops sound waves, from entering or leving its bubble, it can stop tremors as they are basically the same type of wave. It would protect the user or a small area from the shockwaves. Similar to Luffys Rubber being immune To Enerus Lightning .
Sanji's the strongest out of all his siblings.Maybe his power took longer to develop, maybe it's because he needed love to grow and not abuse, but perhaps his genetic potential is the same, or even greater than his siblings?
- Probably confirmed, although it's hard to say since he didn't end up fighting them seriously.
Oars, Oars Jr., Kaido And Gecko Moriah are members of the same race
- How did Moriah know where to find Oars's body?
- Also, so far they're the only humanoid characters that have horns and sharp teeth,
- Size of the horns may be a species trait that denotes strength or potential
- though this troper admits, maybe Moriah is a bit of a stretch
Sanji's genes will never awaken.Quite a few theories floating around seem to believe Sanji has dormant genes waiting to be awakened, unleashing massive hidden potential that was in him since childhood. While they are good theories, it's just as likely that Sanji's genes will actually never awaken, and that he'll reach the strength he needs to defeat his brothers and father (If he hasn't attained it already) by his own accord, as the ultimate kick in the nads regarding the Vinsmokes' beliefs.
- Very likely since his mom took a drug that apparently negated the effects on him permanently.
Pudding plans on running away from Big Mom.She had a flashback of Lola leaving in her (Pudding's) childhood, as she seemed to ponder the entire situation. Being out of options to ensure the Straw Hats' happiness and safety, she'll forfeit her own and run away from home before the marriage, thus ruining another important political marriage for Big Mom. Of course, in doing so she'll probably end up in her mother's crosshairs like Lola did, hence Luffy and Nami's horrified reactions at the end of chapter 848.
- Jossed: she plans on killing Sanji.
Pudding plans on committing suicide- but she won't be successfulAs dark as this is, we already know that Oda is willing to go there because Baby 5 tried to commit suicide just last arc. Anyway, Pudding is planning on killing herself, and in her mind, this will release Sanji from his bond. Of course, we know that assuredly won't work because Big Mom probably has plenty of unwed daughters to take her place; so, hopefully, she'll either come to her senses or she'll be interrupted. THIS, or...
- ...or nothing, as it was Jossed: she plans on killing Sanji.
Randolph is Pedro's HomieIt was revealed in chapter 849 that Pedro lost 50 years of his lifespan to Big Mom. I theorize that Randolph is that homie thanks to the amount of focus he has as a character, his skill, and the fact he was mistaken for a mink. However Randolph cannot perform the Mink's Electro, my best guess is that this is because his body is not that of a Mink, or a call back to Thriller Bark, a strong shadow needs a strong body to live up to it's full potential.
- Possible, but not likely yet. Homies shown so far haven't been stated to take on aspects of a person's personality or being, unlike the shadows from Thriller Bark. These pieces of soul seem to be merely energy that allows them to take life, but nothing more, and much less being attached to a person in the way shadows are. Unless there's more to the homies than what was revealed so far, this WMG isn't likely yet.
Pudding will hypnotize ReijuObviously the Charlotte Family needs Reiju to be with the Vinsmokes on the wedding day so they don't get suspicious, so Pudding might use her eyes to hypnotize her into being quiet.
- Confirmed, basically. Though her power is seemingly not tied to her third eye, she does in fact have the ability to alter people's memories. It's not exactly hypnosis, but she edits Reiju's memories so that she has a false recount of where her wounds came from.
Pudding is older than she looksShe calls Sanji a "little punk", "snot-nosed idiot", and refers to Luffy and Nami as "you kids" when she reveals her motives. Despite the fact she looks around their age, her manner of speech implies she may be much older than she appears.
- Probably Jossed. An SBS reveals that Big Mom's oldest kid is only 50, so Pudding is probably as young as she looks.
- All evidence now indicates that she's 16 or 17 (and Big Mom's 41st son is whichever of the two ages that she isn't).
Pudding is acting as a double agent against Big MomHer actions in 848 and 850 along with her first appearance as the three eyed girl gave me a sense of incongruity in her character, the more I think about it the more that something else is seemingly going on. First: her revelation of "Big Mom's plan" doesn't make sense in a Watsonian way at least on the surface, think about it why was she "whispering" them to Luffy in a room where the only people present are Big Mom's allies? Why did she walk away crying if everyone in the room knows her true colors? Sure it serves as a good way to trick the readers in the real world, but I need to give more credit to Oda then this being a simple writing trick, it must make sense in the world of One Piece itself. Now that I think about it, her visit to Luffy was unexpected by her siblings hence the reaction of Opera being surprised by her arrival and the fact that she whisper something in front of him, I ask myself was she actually acting on her own during all these and using whispers because she didn't want Opera to hear what she said? The fact that she also told Reiju later the same information adds to my suspicion, unless of course Reiju end up dead or at least brainwashed immediately after. Sanji being able to eavesdrop also makes for good speculation, she being the only emotional outlet Sanji has left it makes sense for him to go find her on his own volition not to mention a room with an open balcony is hardly a safe place to discuss your evil plan against the Vismokes who has the technology to fly. Second: killing off the other family during a political wedding, no matter who you are, is bad for business, especially for one such as Big Mom who built her empire through such political maneuver, who is going to marry into the family anymore from this point on if you knew you are going to get rubbed off and your wealth and knowledge plundered the second you step into the church? Unless she believes the Vismoke tech alone can elevate her into the throne of the Pirate King, this is a once in a lifetime move for her that might come up short in the long run, not to mention unnecessary since they could easily wipe them out right now that all of Germa Kingdom is within Totland waters and take whatever they want right now without the wedding ever going legit. Third: as some people have already noticed, the first time the three eyed girl showed up she was rather disturbed or disgusted by Big Mom herself and/or her actions, I can't imagine a person who is petty enough to boast her plan to her victims when there was no call for it is the same person as the one above, her tears after whispering to Luffy also looks different from tears from trying to stop laughing too hard. All in all her words only makes sense on one situation to me: to setup a deadline at the wedding in the minds of her audience, the Straw Hats and Reiju, to force them to come up with an ultimatum before the deadline come to past. I have no idea to what end, but we shall see soon in the up coming chapters.
- There's also the chance that instead of being a "double agent", she came up with a plan to cause the Straw Hats and the Germa family to turn on the Charlotte family. If only because she knows just how much being with Luffy and company means to Sanji. We saw a flashback to when Lola set off on her own and my thinking is that that's what motivated Pudding in carrying out this plan. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if she meant for Sanji to hear what the wedding day plan is to Reiju. What he does with this seemingly false info remains to be seen, but Reiju was hurting at the end of one chapter and it will be interesting to see how that happened.
- Oh by "double agent" I only meant she was playing both sides, otherwise I agree very much with everything you added. This possibility is getting me more exited the more I think about it, after all many new female characters like Shirahoshi and Rebecca ended up being damsels in distress, it will be quite refreshing to have one who would cross some lines to do the right thing, and I must say that the Straw Hats have been getting too complacent right now and as such have no real hope of challenging the Four Emperors, maybe characters like her will force their hand like Kuma once did, and they come out of the ordeal much stronger both physically and mentally for it. (I mean come on Sanji, how is resigning yourself to fate an action befitting a crew member of the future Pirate King?)
- Jossed. She was genuinely on Big Mom's side; during her meltdown on the altar, she still keeps saying to herself that she has to kill Sanji for the plan even though she can't bring herself to.
- While this is still technically jossed, for what it's worth, later on she does indeed turn on Big Mom for real.
Pudding is the one who knocked out Lola's toothLots of people have cited Pudding's "fond" memory of Lola as evidence that she's not really evil. But, quite actually, I believe Pudding was similar to her Enfant Terrible sister Anana when she was a kid- and being violently insane and loyal to Big Mom, she attacked Lola shortly after she told her she was leaving in that little flashback. The end result was that she managed to knock out her tooth before likely being restrained by Lola. If there's one thing I've learned from One Piece it's that if a plot important character has a scar, it's also probably plot-important and not just random.
Pudding isn't actually acting, she just thinks she isShe actually has dissociative identity disorder, with her good personality being completely unaware of the evil one's existence and the evil one thinking the good personality is fake.
- Jossed, we see her voluntarily turn her fake good girl act back on when she sees Brook in chapter 853.
- Seems that it is unjossed now.
Pudding will end up falling for NijiBitch and Asshole, the ultimate bombastic couple. I support this guess by Ichiji's comment and Pudding's recent rant (middle panel).
- Seems Jossed. She falls for Sanji himself for real eventually. Even though it's technically still possible, I doubt Oda would go there at this point.
Big Mom will escape and be the Big Bad for another arcSo the Strawhats just come off defeating the last Warlord they've officially met and right away are facing an emperor? One of the four strongest pirates in world? Uh uh! No way! There has got to be a wrinkle here somewhere. Sure Luffy's level grinded, but enough to face a woman who can literally take years off his life? I find that extremely preposterous, not to mention that he's already had his bounty raised, defeating a yonko would definitely raise his bounty and it's never been raised so quickly before.
- There is one problem with your WMG, by your reasons why would Big Mom run from a weaker opponent like Luffy as he is now? I think you meant to say Luffy and his friends will run from Big Mom at least for the time being, and will only fight her again after they level grind some more.
- Sorry I meant, while not getting a chance to actually face her, they will absolutely destroy whole cake island, and defeat a bunch of her homies, crew and family forcing her to retreat before he can lay a hand on her.
- With the way things are going I think it's more likely the Straw Hats will escape her with the poneglyph transcribed and face her another day.
Killer has 3 eyes
- The helmet conceals he is a member of the 3 eyed tribe who seem to have gone extinct since Brooks time (their not on Sabaodys slave race price list), due to their awakened 3rd eye being able to read poniogliphs. This would make him a last survivor of his race, along with Charlote Pudding, who's father had 3 eyes.
- Not only is that insanely unlikely right now, it's also based on pure, baseless speculation. There's nothing that indicates the tribe is extinct, let alone since Brook's time. Not to mention the only argument here is basically that Killer's face is covered, which is weak as hell on its own; might as well claim Judge is a member of the three-eyed tribe too, since he never showed his forehead once.