is a series of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fangames, each featuring the eponymous
Princess Luna as the protagonist.
But, the most noteworthy is the main Creepypasta
series—created by an anonymous programmer—which each start out as a seemingly innocent, 2D platformer
. (That is, until the horror shows up
Image featured on the site.
The series contains five linear installments, a prequel
, and two fan-made sequels
Six of the gamesnote
can be found at this site
, but don't click the link. Just don't.
Unity Of Factors has released a track
dedicated to the game on their bandcamp.
There has also been a Spiritual Successor
series called Dreamy Rainbow
.Tropes that apply to the entire series:
- Anonymous Author: The creators of both the canon series and the fan game have kept their identities hidden from the community.note
- Beautiful Void: The periods before the Dark World sequences.
- Character Title
- Corrupt the Cutie: Princess Luna and/or Pinkie Pie
- Dark and Troubled Past: About a thousand years of it for Luna.
- Dark World: The hell worlds in all games except the first. They're generic red bloody places.
- Dead to Begin With: This is revealed to be the case at the end of Luna Game 0 and its demo: Luna in the demo and Pinkie Pie in the full game.
- Easter Egg:
- Many times, the series makes use of edited versions of original My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic songsnote .
- "Giggle at the Ghostly" remixes have been used particularly often.
- In addition, the third and fifth games apparently used a very heavy remix of a short piece of background music from "Sonic Rainboom" and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles".
- Each game in the series has 6.6.6 in the version number.
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow: Luna, apparently.note
- Face Monster Turn: Pinkie Pie
- Failure Is the Only Option:
- In Luna Game 2, there's no way to win. After the screamer appears and you go to the hell world, you're forced to throw yourself into a pit.
- Similar to the third game, albeit more subtly. The game just continues indefinitely until you fall into one of the pits.
- In addition, the fourth game forces you to jump off of a cliff right at the beginning.
- The fifth game gets darker and darker as you make your way to the bottom of the roomnote , leading to YOUR doom.
- Follow the Leader: In its following, the Luna game series has inspired numerous responses of fan-made My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic creepypasta games; including the infamous Story Of The Blanks, the Dreamy Rainbow series, and inspired the bad ending to Super Filly Adventure.
- Luna Game 5 may also be an example.
- Lighter and Softer: The series, after Luna Game 3, has become a lot less scary and with more actual gameplay. The screamer in Luna Game 0 only pops up once at the end.
- Jump Scare: Oh so many — One in each of the six games, with the exclusion of the Luna Game 0 Demo.note
- Mood Whiplash: Naturally in each game, the mood almost always turns in an instant from a happy, cheery, joyful tone to a grim, dark, and desolate one.
- Numbered Sequels
- Ontological Mystery: The reason behind Luna's imprisonment in her series of strange, happy-to-hell worlds was a complete mystery until the addition of Luna Game 0.
- Platform Game
- Psychological Horror: Often by the accompainment of Fridge Horror.
- Psycho Strings: Some of the scary sound effects, including a few borrowed from Amnesia, are these.
- Recurring Element:
- Super Ponybeat tracks are featured in the beginning of the first three games, as well as the fan-made fifth game.
- Occasionally, the games feature pony Fan-Artnote .
- The use of the Comic Sans font in the later games.
- Shout-Out: The games feature Zalgo-style effects and themes on multiple occasions.
- Subverted Kids Show
- Surprise Creepy
- Unwinnable Joke Game: Every single Luna Game.
- Subverted in Luna Game End and Luna Game X.
Luna Game 2note
Luna Game 3
- Easter Egg: After the white noise sounds and the soundtrack changes, very subtle chattering of ponies can be heard.
- Endless Game: Once you get to a certain point, there are only two things to do: continue running forever, or allow yourself to fall into a pit.
- Eye Awaken: At the end of the game, you get a creepy picture of Luna's mutated corpse whose eyes suddenly open and shrieks.
- Fake Longevity: Apparently, a majority of the game is just spent wandering around—waiting for the background music to slow down.
- Letting the Air out of the Band: The initial music, "At The Gala(Finale Mix)", slows down as you journey into the darkness, before cutting to a static noise and creepy drone.
- The Lost Woods
- Scare Chord: The first hole in the ground you jump over causes a distorted version of Fluttershy's "COME OUT" to play, and jumping in to any hole causes her distorted "LOVE ME!!" to play (complete with scare-image).
Luna Game 4
Luna Game 0note DemoMain Game
- Arc Words: The phrase "Pinkie Pie was just looking for you, you should probably go find her" and its variations is said by five of the mane six near the end of the game.
- Chekhov's Gun:
- Luna is requested by the mane six to collect a series of seemingly boring, monotonous items, until the last one she collects commands her to kill Pinkie Pie.note
- The Corruption: It is implied near the end that Nightmare Moon had began to call Luna into darkness again.
- Cruel Twist Ending: It is revealednote that Luna had went insane and brutally murdered Pinkie Pie. Pinkie, in turn, had since then been tormenting her out of revenge. i.e. Luna had caused her own hellish nightmare and eventual death.
- Easter Egg:
- After the Nightmare Moon scene, the player can choose to go back to where they collected the items instead of going back to the main area. Here, the player will find all the items in their original spots and if Luna touches one of them; thunder will sound, the game will glitch out—showing an image of a moment earlier in the game—and prematurely close.
- The game's featured quote is a possible shoutout to Mary Pickford's:
"The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power."
- Enemy Within: Princess Luna & Nightmare Moon
- Famous Last Words:
- Fetch Quest: Depending on the player's choice, Luna will have to gather/collect/retrieve a series of itemsnote , each with their own unique stage.
- Kick the Dog: Luna killing Pinkie Pie when she offered to throw her a party. (Even though Nightmare Moon's influence over her made her do it.)
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom:
Princess Celestia: It's your first day back in the kingdom, so why don't you go make some friends?
- Wham Line:
Luna Game End
- All Just a Dream: In the second ending.
- Multiple Endings: But it's not a choice in the game itself that decides if you get the good ending; rather, it's whether or not you've completed Luna Game 4 and 0, and have kept the files that prevent you from playing those games again.
- The End... Or Is It?: In the second ending, milliseconds before the game closes, Pinkie Pie turns into 'Pinkamena'.
Luna Game 5
Luna Game X
- Eye Awaken: Pinkie does this at the end of a cutscene, just before she charges at you
- Failure Is the Only Option: It is impossible to outrun Pinkie during the first chase.
- Not Quite Dead: In the final area of the Game, you crush Pinkie under a block, but she comes back to chase you out of the area.
- Self-Duplication: Pinkie does this multiple times in one area.
- The End... Or Is It? After beating the game and escaping Pinkie, she reappears for a split second.
Lona's Goem 48
A short, spinoff-parody
game, created by SkippyElectrochomp. Can be downloaded here
The Lunar Game
Another very short fan-parody of the Creepypasta series, made by CertaintyPrinciple, which particularly puts light to the part in the first game where the player has a possibility of getting stuck in a pit. Can be found here