Legends of Equestria is a 3D fanmade MMO made in Unity and inspired by My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. While currently unreleased, it has periodic open server events, usually set to tie-in with a convetion appearance. It features Ponydale, Cantermore, and Cloudopolis as fully explorable regions and all three pony races are playable.Even when it's not open-server, you can make your future avatar using the Character Creator on their home site.Not to be confused with the fanfic Legends of Equestria, the original incarnation of The Equestria Chronicles.
Legends of Equestria provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alt Itis: There used to be no limit to the number of characters you could make on one account. This has since been limited to three.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: A number of quests. Also talking to Buttercup and Bluebell the Wearable Items Mares.
- Anti-Poop Socking: One of the loading tips.Remember to take a break every few hours, but also remember to come back later.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: In "Intensive Carrot Unit", Astral Charm mentions she's not allowed back on Spud's farm after "the giant robot incident."
- Badass Boast:Stella: Gaze in majesty upon the invincible Duchess Stella, ace flyer and heir to ancient Folish nobility!
- Beleaguered Assistant: Lieutenant Snipe rattles off a long list of things he had to do to prepare for tomorrow's boot camp ceremony, and assigns you the quest of retrieving the speech written by General Messerschmitt, which was the general's one job and he didn't come back from a party with it.
- Cash Gate: The "9001" and "Chlorophiliac" quests require you to collect stones and flowers respectively.
- Character Class System: While not in the game yet, devs have stated this is going to be covered by professions such as doctor, warrior, or magic student. Your
cutie marktalent mark will show what profession you picked.
- Clear My Name: The quest for Hullabaloo starts off this way, as when you collect some oatmeal cookies for him he finds the jar empty and accuses you of eating them. While your confusion and willingness to find the true culprit makes him back off a bit, he still tells you he expects somepony to pay for it and not to go running off.
- Crossover: Sort of, with Ask Fluffle Puff, as the developers made a unique character model for the creator of Fluffle Puff to use, allowing Fluffle Puff to actually exist in Legends of Equestria. The creator of Fluffle Puff returns the favour by helping advertise the game during open servers.
- Crusading Lawyer: Notarize mentions that he went into law in order to help the downtrodden and do what's right for his fellow citizens.
- Dialogue Tree
- Fetch Quest
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Earth ponies have a smashing headbutt attack and the highest starting hit points. Unicorns can use Magic Missile and learn other magical powers, and Pegasi are the fastest and can dodge attacks by flying.
- Forty Niner/ Prospector: Klondike Hicks.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Buttercup claims she's giving away all of her possessions because she's joined a monastery. You can still sell her your own things, though, even if they're exactly the same as stuff she already has.
- Good Lawyers, Good Clients: Notarize is a lawyer helping a mother prosecute a salesman who sold her a defective arcade machine. Of course, the case doesn't turn out to be cut-and-dried, but she's clearly the victimized one.
- Loads and Loads of Loading: One of the biggest complaints about the game is that, during open server weekends, it takes an exceptionally long time to log in due to thousands of players trying to get on at once. It has been assured that when the game is fully released, this won't be nearly as big an issue, as less people will be in a rush to try and get on.
- The Munchausen: General Messerschmitt shows shades of this. Every past event he refers to talks about a completely different military campaign and he loves to tell stories.
- Traveling Salesman: Lodsa Monet, whose name is also a clear parody/homage to Harry Ensfeld.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Sugar is a quiet bookworm, Spice is a loudmouth who enjoys sports.
- Side Quest: Currently, most of the quests in the game. The devs have stated there will be a story to follow in the final product.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: Going to the well in Ponydale lets you play a Pac-Man Mini-Game.
- Ungrateful Bitch: Astral Charm. Her quest involves her basically grabbing you without so much as asking for help, instead just telling you to go do something for her. Once the quest is complete - and note that said quest involved you stopping ponies from eating carrots that Astral herself messed with and made very dangerous to eat - she dismisses you as just being a messenger and refuses at first to reward you. She does give you a reward, but not without one final insult along with it.
- Welcome to Corneria: Intentionally subverted. According to this interview, every single NPC will have at least ten lines of idle dialogue (on top of any quest dialogue) and a fully fleshed out backstory, accessible by asking them their Cutie Mark story.