The second Kirby
game for the Nintendo DS
, released in 2006.
One day, Kirby was about to eat a delicious slice of strawberry cake when suddenly, it was stolen! Kirby assumes that King Dedede did it, but he's innocent this time. Who took the cake? This must be the work of Daroach and his gang! Kirby goes after the rogue rodents, only to find that they're after something more important than cake...
This game contains examples of:
- Boss Bonanza: World 5-3 has you fight Bonkers, Gao Gao, Big Metalum, and finally Storo. Perhaps of more significance, though, is world 6-5 that has you fight every member of the Squeak Squad (Spini, Storo, and Doc) other than the leader (Daroach, but is fought immediately after in world 6-boss).
- Five-Bad Band: The Squeaks mostly fit into the frame:
- Floating in a Bubble: Bubbled objects are sent to Kirby's stomach, which functions as an inventory.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: The Squeaks, save Daroach, are this.
- Shaggy Dog Story: Kirby chases the Squeaks all across Popstar, and even into space, under the assumption that not only did they steal his cake, but that they still have it and are keeping it inside a particular treasure chest. In the end, he fails to get his nubs on the chest, finds out that it actually contains a Sealed Evil in a Can, defeats said evil, and then goes home empty-handed. He never does find out what happened to his cake, although the Squeaks send him a replacement as a peace offering. note
- Video Game Settings Most of the worlds fit into this