A consummate lurker
due to laziness
more than anything else, he became known on a whim during the recent ARG
and promptly proceeded to allocate even more
of the time he should have been sleeping
to TV Tropes
As he is not as good as some of the other Tropers involved in the ARG, most of his contributions have mainly involved theorizing about and analyzing the information that was already deciphered. He has gotten more directly involved after the discovery of the blog of Sherlock Holmes
, since he was one of the people more knowledgeable about the original books. Is currently doing what he can to defuse/delay the ever-escalating hostilities between Poirot and Holmes.
Likes anime, and has become a rather large Otaku
, due to his brother's influence, which is ironic
since he was the one who inadvertently introduced his brother to the genre in the first place.
Tropes that apply to Sicon112:
- Always Someone Better: His younger brother knows more memes and Otaku related in-jokes than he ever will. He is actually kind of glad of that.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: While the laziness is obvious, he is also apparently one of the smartest people his age in the entire nation, according to his test scores.
- Chess Motifs: Jokingly invokes this trope on himself from time to time.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: On the internet he sometimes shows shades of this, and any time around his brother when he isn't being a Tsukkomi.
- Deadpan Snarker: In Real Life, this is his usual reaction to everything. It can cause a lot of issues online since you Cannot Convey Sarcasm well on the internet, and even when it does come over, it usually ends up making you look like a Jerkass, so he changes his demeanor a bit. When he gets particularly annoyed or upset on the internet, his vindictive, sarcastic side begins to manifest, so he usually tries to extricate himself from the situation for a time to cool his head.
- Fridge Brilliance: Is very prone to epiphanies striking him at random times, and has gotten used to preparing all his plans for them.
- Genre Savvy: He began reading at an unnaturally young age, and hasn't stopped even once since. This, and his insanely fast reading speed, has allowed him to read a ridiculous amount of books, to go with all of the movies, TV shows, and anime he has watched. All of his previous experience was honed into the form of a powerful instinct by more than three years of reading TV Tropes.
- Hikikomori: Jokingly refers to himself as this at times, though it is a slight exaggeration.
- It Amused Me: His usual motivation for doing things.
- Magnificent Bastard: His self-admitted favorite trope, though it had plenty of competition. He one day hopes to achieve even a small measure of the planning skill of the people listed under this trope.
- Nice Guy: The way he usually tries to act on the internet, as he does not like to insult people.
- Oh Crap: His reaction upon realizing that the username of a commenter during The Wall Will Fall ARG translated to James Moriarty's Knight to E4.
- Otaku: Has watched a rather large amount of Anime, and has read a few Manga and Light Novels as well.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Slips into this from time to time. According to EndlessSea, it is infectious.
- Smart People Play Chess: Subverted. He never has much time to really sit down and practice or learn about the complex plays of the game, so he is only mediocre at best.
- Smug Snake: He is well aware that he has a tendency to underestimate his opponents and that there are many things his plans fail to cover. He is, and has been for a long time, working to correct this.
- Story Breaker Power: He likes to abuse innocuous-seeming powers to turn them into this.
(describing Sicon) "Any sufficiently abused magic is indistinguishable from physics."
- The Chessmaster: Was voted the head of the official planning section by the tropers of The Wall Will Fall ARG.
- The Insomniac: Rarely, if ever, sleeps for more than a couple hours a day, and has been known to stay awake for almost three solid days.
- Weak, but Skilled: Is physically pretty scrawny for his age, due to the fact that he rarely goes out, but is also a practitioner of the martial art Aikido, which is based around subduing attackers without causing injury or using any of your own strength.
- Xanatos-Gambit: His plan to use LimeMan to get info from the other side of the wall involved predicting every possible response the Puppet Masters could use, and dissecting each one to see what the intent behind it was.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: His real specialty is to think of as many possible outcomes as he can for any situation, make specific plans for each of the ones he deems most likely, and then leave as many possible escape routes as he can to allow him to change the plan the moment he thinks of something else, or sees something he can take advantage of.
Vandalism here please (Because I know it's coming):
- Join the Pony side, Sicon... You know you want to... one of us... one of us... ~ Isla Kariese
- In due time. Seeing as I watch about 20 episodes a day and can read two to three L Ns and innumerable manga in the same time span, all while completing normal daily functions, it won't take me a huge amount of time. ^_^
- S'cool, we can wait >:) Scarab