Tropers / Anya Writes
Somewhere in Seattle, a basement dweller taps away at a keyboard, drafting a novel. Her short brown hair is in disarray, and she's still wearing her pajamas, even though most people in her area are eating dinner. The baggy T-shirt has a hole in it, but it's on the shoulder, so it's okay.
Hello everyone. My name is Anya, and I am a writer who aspires to be a professional author. Hopefully, one day, I will have a creator page on this site. Currently, I'm working on my first novel, which itself is the first of a planned trilogy, because of course it is. In the meantime, I have a blog
and a twitter
, where I mostly talk about writing but occasionally veer into other topics. May contain politics.
A few tropes that describe me/my life/situations I'm often in:
- Blind Without 'Em: Or at least not allowed to legally drive. I am quite nearsighted.
- Boyish Short Hair: I literally get the same haircut as my dad, except about a quarter-inch longer.
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: one of my professors in college said that I had "gotten away with murder" because I was smart and could write well.
- Butch Lesbian: by self-identification.
- Badass Lesbian: I have a black belt in karate and my hobbies include fire dancing.
- Cannot Spit It Out: I'm usually pretty frank, but around girls I like, I tend to spontaneously morph into Fluttershy.
- Crazy Cat Lady: to a degree. I only have the one cat.
- Deadpan Snarker: to the point that relatives who saw me go through my humorless phase often can't tell when I'm joking.
- Grammar Nazi: though I prefer the term "pilkunnussija," because it literally means "comma fucker," and that's hilarious.
- Insufferable Genius: It Runs in the Family.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: This one runs in my family too.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: if I wear baggy clothes.
- Limited Wardrobe: not always the same outfit, but I don't own anything that isn't black or pajamas.
- Nightmare Fetishist
- Not Wanting Kids Is Weird: I'm childfree and intend to stay that way. Some people don't respect this.
- One of Us: If I ever get a creator page, I expect this troper page to be linked on it under this trope.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: when off my meds.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Downplayed, since not all of my speech or writing is like this, but I do have a tendency to use words like "approximately" or "ostentatious" in casual conversation.
- Straight Man: I often play this role with my friends, despite being a gay woman.
A few tropes that will be in my novel and its sequels: