Trivia: Kamen Rider
Trivia tropes applying to the Kamen Rider franchise:
- Ascended Fanon - The common Fan Nickname when talking about Riders before the year 2000 are called Showa Riders, while Riders afterwards are named Heisei Riders. Toei took the naming to heart and thus called Riders 1-J the 'Showa Riders' and Riders Kuuga-Gaim the 'Heisei Riders' when it came time for the two to clash.
- Fan Nickname: Seiji Takaiwa is known to the fans as Mr. Kamen Rider due to the fact that he's been the suit actor for nearly every Hesei Rider (He didn't act Kuuga and Hibiki). Considering the fact that he's somehow managed to choreograph 14 different personalities, making them recognizable characters even behind the suits, he definitely deserves the title.
- Hey, It's That Place! - Some locations are not only repeated in the same season, but occasionally will repeat in multiple seasons.
- This might as well as be called "Hey! It's that Gravel Pit!", as it applies to Tokusatsu, Because both Kamen Rider AND it's sibling Super Sentai have, for the past few years, made use of the same gravel pit for every big mass battle they have, to the point where Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger, a parody of Super Sentai intended for the adult periphery who grew up watching Sentai as kids, made use of it in their first episode.
- There is also a particular rooftop that has seen use in basically every Heisei-era Rider series.
- Not to mention that outdoor theater/stadium.
- The sets of Kamen Rider Ryuki and Kamen Rider Gaim are the same. Funnily enough, battles between Riders are a theme of both.
- Name's the Same: There is slight difference in how the names are punctuated but the first enemies Kamen Rider fights are called Spider Man and Bat Man. (Less so in Japan, where the monster names are in Japanese, but the comic book heroes' names are in English.)
- Promoted Fanboy: Given the series' status as a Long Runner, more and more actors playing Heisei Riders grew up watching Showa and early Heisei Riders. The greatest among these has to be Ryouta Murai, who grew up watching Kuuga, and got to be Kuuga for Kamen Rider Decade.
- Similarly, Gaku Sano, actor for protagonist Kouta Kazuraba, grew up watching Kuuga and wanted to become a Kamen Rider when he grew up. Having snagged the role of Gaim, he stated that he wants to invoke this, inspiring a new generation of fans for the series.
- Prop Recycling: Being a long runner, it's to be expected.
Trivia tropes applying to the first Kamen Rider series:
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Hiroshi Fujioka would later portray Segata Sanshiro. No wonder he turns out really Badass.
Kamen Rider: Sega Saturn, shiro!
- Hey, It's That Voice!, Fake Shemp: The Kamen Rider Decade movie unfortunately didn't bring Fujioka to re-dub Takeshi. But he's given the voice of Tetsu Inad--(Trombe!). Fortunately, they brought him back for the Heisei vs Showa finale, seeing Fujioka onscreen for the first time after many years, complete with his own new Rider Ichigo Henshin.