Trivia: Child of the Storm
- Actor Allusion: Samuel L. Jackson's role as Frozone in The Incredibles is referenced when Fury brings up the subject of monologuing with Baron Von Strucker.
- After the Robin Hood on Ice incident, Snape is described as looking "as if he ever found out who the perpetrators of this act, they would beg for something so sweet as having their heart cut out with a spoon".
- One of Us: The author namedrops TV-Tropes several times, and has even mentioned involvement in the fic's tropes page.
- Flip Flop of God: A lot of hints are dropped in the author notes. However, these things tend to change just a little. It's hard to tell how much of this is the author changing his mind ( Diana has been admitted to have been added in pretty much at the last minute), or a case of Lying Creator. Further complicated by Word of God cheerfully stating that the difference between hint and red herring largely depends on his mood.
- Name's the Same: Lily Potter and Lily the Summer Lady. Harry notes this, and is very glad that his reaction to memories of/thoughts about his mother are not the same as his Distracted by the Sexy reaction to Lily the Summer Lady.
- Trolling Creator: The author was asked repeatedly for Harry's animagus form. The start of Chapter 23 announced that it would be revealed at the end of the chapter. It turned out to be Captain Jack Harkness. Readers were then informed that yes, he [the author] had lied and they had best get used to it.
- Word of God: Present in the rather extensive (and somewhat snarky) A/N's at the beginning and end of various chapters that serve to clarify and expand points raised in the text.