"I've always loved to dress up a bit and show off."Daniel Wroughton Craig (born in Chester on 2 March 1968) is a British actor. His career took off with appearances in the classic Mini Series Our Friends in the North and Sharpe, and movies such as Elizabeth and Layer Cake, but he's best known for one role:Bond. James Bond.Cast in the role for the 2006 reboot of the franchise in Casino Royale, he reprised it in 2008's Quantum of Solace, 2012's Skyfall, 2015's Spectre and a (supposedly) fifth and final Bond film in 2019 (13 years since his debut, dethroning Roger Moore as the longest-serving Bond actor, whose tenure lasted 12 years). He was also used as the design base and voice of Bond in Blood Stone, the Quantum of Solace tie-in video game, and the remake of the GoldenEye 007 game for the Wii. He also escorted none other than HM The Queen in a short film for the London Olympics opening ceremony.Despite being known primarily for Bond, Craig has had major roles in a number of other films, including: Angelina Jolie's love interest / rival in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001), Irish mobster Conner Rooney in Road to Perdition (2002), Afrikaner Mossad team member Steve in the Spielberg directed Munich (2005), Lord Asriel in the film adaptation of The Golden Compass (2007), Dr. Ben Driscoll in The Invasion (2007), Jewish resistance leader Tuvia Bielski in Defiance (2008), protagonist Jake Lonergan of Cowboys & Aliens (2011), journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the David Fincher adaption of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Mr. Sakharine / Red Rackham in the Dream Production Team motion capture film adaption of The Adventures of Tintin and Deep South Demolitions Expert Joe Bang in Logan Lucky.He also has had a long and healthy career as a stage actor, including playing Joe in the Royal National Theatre's production of Angels in America in addition to starring in Broadway productions of A Steady Rain (opposite Hugh Jackman) and Harold Pinterís Betrayal. He returned to the stage for an off Broadway production of Othello in December 2016/January 2017, playing Iago opposite David Oyelowo as the title character.Daniel Craig is one of us, being a self-described "old hand Trekkie", as well as being a fan of Firefly and, of course, Doctor Who. He tried for the role of Montgomery Scott in the J. J. Abrams Trek film, but lost it to Simon Pegg. It was also his idea to have "Orinoco Flow" playing over a certain key scene in Dragon Tattoo.He married Rachel Weisz in June 2011.On an unrelated sidenote, he has been said to resemble Russian President Vladimir Putin, and more bizarrely, Deborah Meaden from Dragon's Den. On a further unrelated sidenote, it's been shown as canon that he is Buffy and Faith's fantasy guy.
Tropes found im his works:
- Badass Baritone: He has a deep and very smooth voice. Pretty suitable for the role of 007.
- Creator Couple: Starred with his wife Rachel Weisz in Dream House.
- Doing It for the Art: Not to the level of Tom Cruise, but Craig doesn't mind doing some particularly dangerous stunts, case in point being the train brawl in Skyfall.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- Fake American: A few roles - The Jacket, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Cowboys & Aliens, Logan Lucky.
- Fake Nationality: South African in Munich and Russian in Defiance.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Like lasers.
- One of Us: Self-described "Trekkie", "Browncoat," and "Whovian." He'd love to film a scene of Bond regenerating. He even had a cameo in The Force Awakens! He also loves video games such as Halo and Guitar Hero, to name a couple of examples.
- Promoted Fanboy:
- Star-Making Role: While he had some recognition beforehand, he was catapulted to household name status with Casino Royale (2006).
- Those Two Actors:
- Throw It In!: The famous scene in Casino Royale (2006) of him rising out of the water just happened when he walked into a sand dune and had to stand up.
- Uncredited Role:
- What Could Have Been: He replaced Robert Downey, Jr. in Cowboys & Aliens. Additionally he suggested Eva Green for the female lead. Eva turned the role down and Olivia Wilde was cast instead.