Creator: Eva Green
Born July 5 1980 and the daughter of renowned French actress Marlène Jobert, Eva Green is mostly known among tropers for being James Bond's beloved in Casino Royale, but also for her roles as Isabella in The Dreamers, Queen Sybilla in Kingdom of Heaven, Serafina Pekkala in The Golden Compass, Ava Lord in Sin City: A Dame to Kill for and Morgaine in Camelot. She also played alongside Doctor Who star Matt Smith in Womb. She does have a slight reputation for being interested in small, arthouse productions, dark roles, and does tend to take her kit off in those as well.Currently starring as the very troubled and mysterious Vanessa Ives on Showtime's Penny Dreadful.
Tropes related to this actress:
- Action Girl: In 300: Rise of an Empire. Borderline in Camelot as she's more of a Lady of Black Magic.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Serafina Pekkala is blonde in the books but Eva plays her as a brunette in The Golden Compass. Ironic because Eva is a natural blonde.
- Author Appeal: Is quite fond of witches and the occult, hence her roles in The Golden Compass and Camelot.
- British Accents: Originally started off with a thick French accent but - as she starred in more Hollywood movies (and played several I Am Very British characters), the accent faded. So she now sounds British to most people, though does still retain some French pronunciations.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: With films like Casino Royale and Kingdom of Heaven, this is one of her familiar character roles.
- Dye Hard: Eva is a natural blonde but has been dyeing her hair brunette since she was a teenager.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French
- Femme Fatale: This started off as her character type, which she was not too pleased about.
- Hello, Nurse!: She was chosen to play a Bond Girl. She gets a scene where she's supposed to walk up to the poker table, distracting the rest of the players. Of course she screws with Bond, entering from the other side (in front of his line of sight), so he's Distracted by the Sexy too.
- Hot Witch: As Morgan Pendragon in Camelot, where she has at least two love interests and her beauty is frequently commented on. To a lesser extent in The Golden Compass where her character was previously involved with a human. The character's beauty is mentioned more than once in the books.
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY: Being of Swedish origin on her paternal side, her last name is not pronounced like the color "green" but with a slightly more open vowel. While she doesn't seem to mind being called like the color in the Anglosphere, she gets annoyed when it's done in France.
- Ms. Fanservice
- One of Us: Has described herself as "nerdy" in interviews, which she says resulted in her sometimes appearing cold and inaccessible to others.
- Playing Against Type: Playing Queen Sibylla in Kingdom of Heaven helped break her out of playing femme fatale types.
- Rapunzel Hair: Many of her roles call for this: Queen Sibylla, Serafina Pekkala, Morgan Pendragon, Artemisia and Vanessa Ives.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- The Vamp: Very often, notably in the recent Dark Shadows opposite Johnny Depp, who plays an actual vampire.