Werewolf was part of the original line-up of the brand-new fourth network, FOX, in 1987-1988. It followed a format similar to The Fugitive or The Incredible Hulk, with werewolf victim Eric Cord being chased by a bounty hunter who knows what he is, with himself pursuing the evil werewolf Janos Skorzeny whose death may free him from the curse.
Tropes associated with the series:
- Adventure Towns
- Clear My Name: A twist on this, since Eric actually did kill his roommate, and there's enough evidence Ted was "delusional" that he would certainly be found to have done it in self-defense, but Eric cannot go back to stand trial until he breaks the curse.
- Deadpan Snarker: Eric
- Subverted when Eric meets a witch. He snarks about a potion she made, then apologizes for disrespecting her faith, even though he doesn't share it.
- Enemy Mime: Subverted; one episode features several appearances by a rather creepy street-mime, but he turns out to be a Red Herring and ends up getting murdered.
- Implacable Man: Rogan, the bounty hunter
- Inspector Javert: Rogan, who thinks Eric is responsible for Skorzeny's kills
- Shout-Out: The villain-werewolf Skorzeny was named after the vampire in the first pilot movie for the series Kolchak: The Night Stalker.
- Stern Chase