A night at a rib restaurant turns into yet another plot for Sideshow Bob to kill The Simpson family, but the whole scheme turns into a family affair when Bart kills his mortal enemy by throwing away his nitroglycerine (which Sideshow Bob needs for his heart) and the rest of the Terwiligers go after Bart for killing Bob.
- A Fool for a Client: Sideshow Bob represented himself when taken to court.
- All Just a Dream: The scene where Sideshow Bob kills the Simpsons as they are celebrating defeating him again. As it happens, he really didn't take this defeat so well...
- Bait and Switch: At first, it seems like Sideshow Bob is just going to stab Bart in the funeral home. The second Bart jumps into his coffin, however, he locks it and activates the conveyor belt into the incinerator.
- Faking the Dead: Sideshow Bob
- The Family That Slays Together: Sideshow Bob, his wife, his son, his brother and his parents.
- Eureka Moment: What makes Lisa realize Bob's real plan? Milhouse wanting to relax on the front porch, saying "[His] feet are killing [him]."
- Foreshadowing: When Lisa fast forwards through those 10 commercials to get back to Itchy and Scratchy after hooking up the TiVo, the commercial for "Wes Doobner's World Famous Family Style Rib Huts" is seen amongst them.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Bart manages to accidentally kill Sideshow Bob by tossing away the nitroglycerin he needs for his heart. Subverted when it turns out he was Faking the Dead.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Sideshow Bob misquoting Macbeth. Which Lisa later realizes was intentional.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Lampshaded. As Lisa is explaining what Sideshow Bob's actual plan was (getting Bart cremated in his place) in the car, Homer asks if he can pull over now since he was circling the funeral home "for 10 minutes" while waiting for her to finish.
- Villain Ball: Sideshow Bob ends up foiling his own scheme when he uses his explosive laptop to look up information on the Internet. Subverted when it turns out this was part of his actual plan to kill Bart.