Recap: The Simpsons S 19 E 7 Husbands And Knives
The Comic Book Guy's store faces competition from a new store with better comics and a more personable proprietor (voiced by musician and comic actor Jack Black). Meanwhile, Marge starts a Curves-style gym for the average woman, and Homer becomes hooked to plastic surgery after worrying that Marge's success will lead her to trade up for someone younger and sexier.
- All Just a Dream
- Cutaway Gag: After Bart points out that Milo wears a porkpie hat, it cuts to Homer at his work station drooling "Mmm... porkpie."
- Department of Redundancy Department: A hotel sign reads "Welcome Lady Businessladies".
- Ignored Expert: When one of the husbands gives Homer tips on how to stay attractive to his wife so she doesn't leave him for a younger man, Homer ignores him as his advice would require effort andd instead opts for plastic surgery.
- Halfway Plot Switch: The Comic Book Guy plot is the main focus of the first act, but it's completely dropped with no resolution to make way for the Marge story.
- Self-Made Woman: Marge.
- Shout-Out: Lisa discovers the Tintin and Asterix comic strip section and says: "I thought these only existed in French class." She then picks up an album named Tintin in Paris, which doesn't exist in the Tintin series, but is a mishmash of the album cover of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, combined with content imagery of The Black Island and Destination Moon.
- Spoof Aesop: Homer says using surgery to improve one's looks is a bad idea because medical science has yet to evolve to the point of fixing all kinks.